4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
March 5, 2012, 1:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Worst non penalty "decision" I've ever seen was at home to Swindon in our promotion season of 1980

They were in the mix for going up and we had a shot that one of their defenders dived full length to turn around the post for remarkably a corner

The ref must have thought it was their goalkeeper flying through the air....fortunately justice was done as we scored from the resulting corner to take the lead but had they gone on to get a point or even win it, that would have proved to have been one of the worst decisions ever
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 30
50years_a_Mariner
March 5, 2012, 2:25pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Thank you for bringing this shocking incident back to me I was there but had erased it from my memory, although seeing it again has got steaming about the useless officials that have appeared at BP throughout the decades I have followed the Mariners.

I'm Grimsby till I die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
JonnyK
March 5, 2012, 5:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
I, too, knew exactly which incident i would be.  I was only 10 at the time, but for a long time afterwards I could remember what happened clearly.  Am I correct in thinking they finished below us in the play-offs, in 4th, and lost to Tranmere?  I think we followed Cambridge and Southend up.  Wow, how times have changed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
Helgy
March 5, 2012, 6:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from Dan

I'm still fuming about that one.

Chris Herd probabily forgot and indulged in some Aussie rules footy for that one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
lukeo
March 5, 2012, 7:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
WOW that is terrible. That Watford 1, I forgot about that (i was there that day aswell). Crazy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Abdul19
March 5, 2012, 7:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from JonnyK
I, too, knew exactly which incident i would be.  I was only 10 at the time, but for a long time afterwards I could remember what happened clearly.  Am I correct in thinking they finished below us in the play-offs, in 4th, and lost to Tranmere?  I think we followed Cambridge and Southend up.  Wow, how times have changed.

Yep, we went up on goal difference (both 83 points, us +32, them a paltry +14).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
Denby
March 5, 2012, 8:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
brian hill not giving a foul and a red card still upsets me to this day, i remember going crazy in the main stand and always gave brian hill plenty of stick from that day onwards.  much like i do with that other* referring helmet, clattenburg

*although there's plenty more too, like that tosser who reffed one of the many 0-1 defeats at home to darlo, can't remember his name though
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
Caveman
March 5, 2012, 8:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Yep we beat Exeter  in the final match of the season  to finish above Bolton on goal
difference. It just shows what effect that decision - probably the worst I can remember
in well over sixty years at BP - might have had on our season.

It was only the week before that Exeter game that we were all locked in at Stoke for
over half an hour following their pitch invasion.

Plenty going on in them days !

But weren't they great times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Abdul19
March 5, 2012, 8:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Denby
brian hill not giving a foul and a red card still upsets me to this day, i remember going crazy in the main stand and always gave brian hill plenty of stick from that day onwards.  much like i do with that other* referring helmet, clattenburg

*although there's plenty more too, like that tosser who reffed one of the many 0-1 defeats at home to darlo, can't remember his name though

Paul Taylor? (who also did the Millennium debacle)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
Denby
March 5, 2012, 8:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
yeah, taylor, he was so bad he's probably reffing in the premier league now
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I can't forgive and I can't forget

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.