Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › AVB parts company with Chelski.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 177 Guests

AVB parts company with Chelski.

This thread currently has 2,067 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
AdamHaddock
March 5, 2012, 1:18pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,844
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Even if Scholes and Giggs are doing well for Man Utd bringing them back out of retirement is a step back for English football. As was Arsenal and Villa bringing back Henry and Keane. Imagine you're a young player in one of these sides looking for a break?

I'm not sure about that, Wenger is never afraid to throw one of his 18-year-old Francophone kids into action. Bringing back Henry was probably more to do with shirt sales or providing a bit of leadership and experience as they already had RVP knocking them in every week.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
RonMariner
March 5, 2012, 1:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,804
Gold Stars: 226
It would have been different for the last few Chelsea managers if Torres hadn't left his scoring boots at Anfield. If he was banging them in like he was for Liverpool they would be right up there.

8 managars in 9 years? It's now decended into farce.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
forza ivano
March 5, 2012, 1:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
anyone else hear about that monty panesar tweet? several hours before it was known avb had left he tweeted that he had just seen mourinho in london and wondered if something was happening re england or chelsea............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Paris Mariner
March 5, 2012, 4:08pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from AdamHaddock

I'm not sure about that, Wenger is never afraid to throw one of his 18-year-old Francophone kids into action. Bringing back Henry was probably more to do with shirt sales or providing a bit of leadership and experience as they already had RVP knocking them in every week.

That's irrelevant really and Wenger has probably only ever 'thrown in' Wilshere and he went ou on loan to Bolton first. Everybody else get an eternity in the ressies and League Cup before Wenger 'throws them in'. Rooney, Milner and Owen were thrown in. Bringing him back is a step back for me. I find it hard to believe Manchester United don't have a centre midfielder of Premiership quality and Arsenal a striker when you consider the size of their squads.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 26
mariner91
March 5, 2012, 4:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,727
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Paris Mariner

That's irrelevant really and Wenger has probably only ever 'thrown in' Wilshere and he went ou on loan to Bolton first. Everybody else get an eternity in the ressies and League Cup before Wenger 'throws them in'. Rooney, Milner and Owen were thrown in. Bringing him back is a step back for me. I find it hard to believe Manchester United don't have a centre midfielder of Premiership quality and Arsenal a striker when you consider the size of their squads.

But they're not after just "Premiership quality" are they? They want players who are the best in the league in order to try and win it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Paris Mariner
March 5, 2012, 4:28pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from mariner91

But they're not after just "Premiership quality" are they? They want players who are the best in the league in order to try and win it.

True but you don't get experience to become one of those players whilst lurking behind the scenes. Let's face it, Henry's return didn't see a massive upturn in fortunes - they got tonked in Milan for his last game. I just find it a little short sighted from Wenger - a self professed promoter - of youth to bring back someone who chose the alleged semi retirement of MLS football in favour of staying in Europe. For English football, it's a step back for me - we have lots of promising young players that are crying out for opportunities like this and it gets thrown back at them by people coming back from retirement because they are bored and regret the choice they had previously made.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 26
Abdul19
March 5, 2012, 8:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Fabregas was thrown in too.

The way I see it, Giggs and Scholes are still top quality players and Ferguson obviously thinks they're his best options. And he should know!

Young players should thrive on training with these 2 and Henry as well.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › AVB parts company with Chelski.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.