4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
February 27, 2012, 5:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
I only travelled with you a few times but always found him a quality guy and full of banter, would be nice to get his name sang next week in respect of him to show that he is gone but not forgotten
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
lincoln.mariner
February 27, 2012, 5:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Had the honour (and it was such) of sitting near him for his last three or four seasons.  Didn't suffer fools (be it on the pitch or in the stands!) gladly!

Which one is Big and which one is Small
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
pseudonym
February 27, 2012, 6:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from marinerian

He was the man who ran the supporters club travel for many years. A man with a great sense of humour and also liked the passion of The Town fans.

Oh some great stories of Bernard, one memory is him waving his stick in anger as two fans had a huge argument on the bus.

Also only missed games towards the end of his like due to ill health.

Before that he missed one game in 25 years and that was when his dear wife passed away. Before that she was happy for him to go to games, as he said "she always knew where I was and was not getting into trouble"

A top bloke, that Mr Terry is not a patch on him  
I would never profess to be in the same league as my mentor

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
Richard
February 27, 2012, 7:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +59
was he the driver for les green   what a chap les was  

everywhere we go ,everywhere we go
its the grimsby boys makin all the noise

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
MCT_grimsby
February 27, 2012, 9:38pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Bernard Morley what a true town legend!! I went to my first town away game on his bus, how time flys.

UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
tashee69
February 27, 2012, 10:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
Brilliant guy. Very fond memories. Any thought of getting a brick in his name cos he was a true gtfc legend off the pitch.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 1:00am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Has one of those bricks been dedicated to him? If not would be a worthy person to honour from what I've heard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
marinerian
February 28, 2012, 9:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from pseudonym
I would never profess to be in the same league as my mentor

You are not a bad deputy for the Sheriff though  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
Brother Grim
February 28, 2012, 9:42am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
It is 5 yrs today that my daughter Nikki died. Many will remember her serving in the Players Lounge, Family Lounge etc, Bernard died the week after her and the Club afforded them a joint minutes applause before the next home game. I have just purchased a memorial brick in her name and would suggest to Terry that on the next Battlebus trip, he has a collection and raises the £25 for a brick (as previously suggested) in this great mans honour.

The Stars in Stripes Forever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
pseudonym
February 28, 2012, 12:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Brother Grim
It is 5 yrs today that my daughter Nikki died. Many will remember her serving in the Players Lounge, Family Lounge etc, Bernard died the week after her and the Club afforded them a joint minutes applause before the next home game. I have just purchased a memorial brick in her name and would suggest to Terry that on the next Battlebus trip, he has a collection and raises the £25 for a brick (as previously suggested) in this great mans honour.
A brick has already been sorted by the committee in memory of Bernard Morley. Good minds think alike though. Thanks to you all

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bernard Morley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.