4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
sutton mariner
February 26, 2012, 6:26pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Before I start - It's not 'non football' - I watched a football game in the middle of it all.

Got the train up to the Game yesterday and the amount of people that spoke to us from the Donny-Clee part of the journey compared to the Ldn-Donny part is amazing.
We had 7 different people speak to us in the don-clee part compared to not a single soul in the first part. Aswell as brief conversations with Terry, Gobby and Tiny (all be it briefly in the toilets with the latter two - and no, we wern't..)  You'd never get this down south! People just talking to eachother, on all manors of transport, even a bloke in Poplar chippy was talking to us.  How comes there is are these big social barriers with people down south, wether it be at football or justin general??!

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
hertfordshire mariner
February 26, 2012, 6:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
very true this. people are much more friendlier up north.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
February 26, 2012, 6:47pm
Guest User
The Londoners probably don't speak English.
Reply: 2 - 37
sutton mariner
February 26, 2012, 6:56pm
Exile
very true this. people are much more friendlier up north.

Yepp

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
gobby
February 26, 2012, 7:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Tiny was only in there willy watching
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
sutton mariner
February 26, 2012, 7:44pm
Exile
Quoted from gobby
Tiny was only in there willy watching
UTMM

The name sums up what he was looking for

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
jock dock tower
February 26, 2012, 7:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Come up to Scotland and EVERYBODY speaks to you. It's only about the weather - it always is - but nobody passes by without commenting on it.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
voice of reason
February 26, 2012, 8:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from jock dock tower
Come up to Scotland and EVERYBODY speaks to you. It's only about the weather - it always is - but nobody passes by without commenting on it.

They might all speak to you but being able to understand them is a problem ...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
pseudonym
February 26, 2012, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from sutton mariner
Before I start - It's not 'non football' - I watched a football game in the middle of it all.

Got the train up to the Game yesterday and the amount of people that spoke to us from the Donny-Clee part of the journey compared to the Ldn-Donny part is amazing.
We had 7 different people speak to us in the don-clee part compared to not a single soul in the first part. Aswell as brief conversations with Terry, Gobby and Tiny (all be it briefly in the toilets with the latter two - and no, we wern't..)  You'd never get this down south! People just talking to eachother, on all manors of transport, even a bloke in Poplar chippy was talking to us.  How comes there is are these big social barriers with people down south, wether it be at football or justin general??!
I handed my stilts back to the club when you had gone

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
Theimperialcoroner
February 26, 2012, 8:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,335
Gold Stars: 103

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anti social London

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.