No Members and 108 Guests

Anti social London

This thread currently has 3,142 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Fentyatemyhamster
February 27, 2012, 12:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Try holding a door open for a Londoner, they give you a look that i would give them, if they told me Town were ground sharing with Scunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
roundballovalhole
February 27, 2012, 12:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from sutton mariner
Before I start - It's not 'non football' - I watched a football game in the middle of it all.

Got the train up to the Game yesterday and the amount of people that spoke to us from the Donny-Clee part of the journey compared to the Ldn-Donny part is amazing.
We had 7 different people speak to us in the don-clee part compared to not a single soul in the first part. Aswell as brief conversations with Terry, Gobby and Tiny (all be it briefly in the toilets with the latter two - and no, we wern't..)  You'd never get this down south! People just talking to eachother, on all manors of transport, even a bloke in Poplar chippy was talking to us.  How comes there is are these big social barriers with people down south, wether it be at football or justin general??!

There are ten million odd people living within the M25, it may get a bit much if everyone said hello to everyone every morning

Try getting on a district line tube at 8 0 clock on a monday morning with some f***ers smelly armpit in your face and day old booze-garlic breath in your face and you may soon npot want to talk to complete strangers either
Reply: 21 - 37
psgmariner
February 27, 2012, 1:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 1054

Try getting on a district line tube at 8 0 clock on a monday morning with some f***ers smelly armpit in your face and day old booze-garlic breath in your face and you may soon npot want to talk to complete strangers either

"...when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.."

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
louth_in_the_south
February 27, 2012, 5:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,725
Gold Stars: 96
Sounds like by the time u got to donny u were pished and walking up and down the train talking to people , sutton mariner , instead of people trying to engage u in conversation ?

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
forza ivano
February 27, 2012, 5:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Sounds like by the time u got to donny u were pished and walking up and down the train talking to people , sutton mariner , instead of people trying to engage u in conversation ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
sutton mariner
February 27, 2012, 6:27pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Oh - and the booze is cheaper up north....

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
grimsbyreaper
February 27, 2012, 10:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Quoted from sutton mariner

Oh - and the booze is cheaper up north....

Too Right. My sister in law had furniture shipped back from UAE and delivered to GY. Delivery drivers were southerners and were amazed at the price of a pint. They had stayed in the County at Immingham overnight, ordered a couple of pints, landlady said 2.76. They thought that was each, not for the round. They said they pay 4.00 + in London.

I thought I had seen the end of the world. Desolation, Isolation, Destruction, Mutants and the end of Civilisation.
Turns out bloody Tom Tom had directed me through Scunthorpe City Centre.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 37
sutton mariner
February 27, 2012, 10:19pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from grimsbyreaper

Too Right. My sister in law had furniture shipped back from UAE and delivered to GY. Delivery drivers were southerners and were amazed at the price of a pint. They had stayed in the County at Immingham overnight, ordered a couple of pints, landlady said 2.76. They thought that was each, not for the round. They said they pay 4.00 + in London.

Yeah mate - even that pub near the seafront in Clee (opposite seaway chippy) is only £2 a pint or something like that! In my local your looking at nearly £3.50

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
louth_in_the_south
February 27, 2012, 10:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,725
Gold Stars: 96
4.20 for a pint of peroni in a pub in lingfield . Bargain .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 12:08am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Ah but that's trendy foreign beer though Louth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anti social London

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.