Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from psgmariner

"...when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.."

Since you typed that the Samaritans hotline has melted  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
lukeo
February 28, 2012, 5:34am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
I regularly go to Devon and ALWAYS get spoken to, especially in the morning when I'm heading out for the newspaper  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
sutton mariner
February 28, 2012, 9:44am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from lukeo
I regularly go to Devon and ALWAYS get spoken to, especially in the morning when I'm heading out for the newspaper  

Maybe it's just London - I don't like it very much.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
roundballovalhole
February 28, 2012, 12:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsbyreaper

They said they pay 4.00 + in London.

Maybe in a west end bar, a night club or when they are drinking sauvignon.

You can pay over 4 quid for a pint in London if you want but you have no need to!

Beer from the off licence is a lot cheaper in London than up north!
Reply: 33 - 37
Rick12
February 29, 2012, 1:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from sutton mariner
Before I start - It's not 'non football' - I watched a football game in the middle of it all.

Got the train up to the Game yesterday and the amount of people that spoke to us from the Donny-Clee part of the journey compared to the Ldn-Donny part is amazing.
We had 7 different people speak to us in the don-clee part compared to not a single soul in the first part. Aswell as brief conversations with Terry, Gobby and Tiny (all be it briefly in the toilets with the latter two - and no, we wern't..)  You'd never get this down south! People just talking to eac hother, on all manors of transport, even a bloke in Poplar chippy was talking to us.  How comes there is are these big social barriers with people down south, wether it be at football or justin general??!
would have to agree with ya   Ive had mates from up north say the same thing eg mate from Scotland said to me up in Jock land people down his street use to open up a lot more.When he came down to London people down his street barely talked .I think its partly to do with the rate of immigration  "to much in a short time" which both labour and the conservatives have said there's been problems with .To many in a short time creates lack of community "theirs nothing wrong with immigration but it has to be at a rate that allows  people to be integrated into society"to much to soon creates social problems.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
Dan
February 29, 2012, 1:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Interesting view. Wrong, but interesting.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
Rick12
February 29, 2012, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Dan
fair enough that's your view   but that's why opinions are so diverse everyones got a take on subject matter be it social problems football etc etc.I think the key is as in anything in life is to try to take a balanced approach to it which is from another angle why politicians have a difficult job no matter what they do they cant please all sections of society

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
sutton mariner
February 29, 2012, 5:19pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Dan

Wouldn't say it's entirely wrong. If people are coming from all over the world then naturally you are going to stick to your own. But then again you'd imagine that'd give em something to break the ice with!

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anti social London

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.