Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our achilles heel needs sorting once and for all
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 145 Guests

Our achilles heel needs sorting once and for all

This thread currently has 2,643 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
February 25, 2012, 10:47pm
Guest User
Couldn't be arsed to read all of that but I would imagine the reason we play deep is because we lack pace at the back. Very wise in my opinion.
Reply: 20 - 29
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 12:54am
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
Exactly. You're right, you CAN have too many defending at any one time. It does lead to confusion sometimes when players leave it to each other whereas if there's nobody to leave it to it gets dealt with. Elding however is one I DO like seeing back there helping out. He's a big lump who is decent  the air and can give valuable experience to the very youthful defence.

Well put, you've won me over.
That's a fact !  
Reply: 21 - 29
battered haddock
February 26, 2012, 8:16am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from pseudonym
What a complete load of bollox

bit of a sweeping statement there Tel...........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
aldi_01
February 26, 2012, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Teams lower down the leagues do this, even the good ones. We lacked a bit of shape yesterday and to be honest at times neither team really seemed that bothered IMHO.

We did make mistakes yesterday as did they, had the ref seen the handball and their keeper had not pulled off a great save we may have won. We didn't, end of story. If there was a game where a mistake was to be made then yesterday was that game.

Just an aside, for me the southport game proved we are strong playoff contenders actually. Don't play very well in iffy conditions and win against play off rivals...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
diehardmariner
February 26, 2012, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 545
Football Manager has a lot to answer for.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
rancido
February 26, 2012, 11:44am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,679
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Chris
Its not that much of an Achilles heel or it hasn't been for the past 20 odd games anyway.

It is if other teams exploit it Any weakness is only a problem if it is found and exploited by the opposition.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 4:58pm
Guest User
Just on that note rancido, I thought York kind of did that cos their subs hit us with pace and dragged us all over.
Reply: 26 - 29
Super Clive
February 26, 2012, 6:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from diehardmariner
Football Manager has a lot to answer for.

Turn the fornicator off then.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
diehardmariner
February 26, 2012, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 545
Whooooosh
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
pontoonlew
February 26, 2012, 8:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
I think another flaw would be in this argument is that you cant say it's an Achilles heal because a deep line would suggest we are finding it hard to get forward because we're too deep, the most home goals in the country suggests it isn't hampering us playing deeper at times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our achilles heel needs sorting once and for all

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.