Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Darlo saved (again)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 66 Guests

Darlo saved (again)

This thread currently has 13,769 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
DarlingtonFC1883
February 16, 2012, 1:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from RoboCod
Latest reported rumours are that Darlo will pay the players at the end of the season?? Not sure how or why that will work, but it's surely ended their hopes of loaning in players ?

When the first 5,000 shares have been sold for £250,000, the football creditors will be paid what they are owed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 194
aldi_01
February 16, 2012, 1:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Surely though by having to pay all these people etc first the money raised will simply pay off part of the debt, the club will still be operating on huge losses and won't actually be any better off. The team is sinking slowly because new players etc can't, or shouldn't be allowed to be brought in because the club can't pay wages and the more the club falls the less of an inviting prospect it becomes surely?

Whilst the fans will try and pull out positives from all this i just predict that in a few seasons we could be having this same debate...i know many clubs aren't exactly well run businesses but administration 3 times in 10 years is taking the urine a bit...lessons are clearly not being learnt, or may be they don't want to. Administration for some teams is the best option in order to keep the club going...crazy.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 194
Citymariner
February 16, 2012, 1:52pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Hang about, who is going to buy these shares?

Haven't fans already dug deep to save the club so far?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 194
DarlingtonFC1883
February 16, 2012, 2:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Surely though by having to pay all these people etc first the money raised will simply pay off part of the debt, the club will still be operating on huge losses and won't actually be any better off. The team is sinking slowly because new players etc can't, or shouldn't be allowed to be brought in because the club can't pay wages and the more the club falls the less of an inviting prospect it becomes surely?

Whilst the fans will try and pull out positives from all this i just predict that in a few seasons we could be having this same debate...i know many clubs aren't exactly well run businesses but administration 3 times in 10 years is taking the urine a bit...lessons are clearly not being learnt, or may be they don't want to. Administration for some teams is the best option in order to keep the club going...crazy.

The club won't be running at huge losses though. I've already said that the playing budget is equivalent to what we lose so cut it down to £500,000. £450,000 saved instantly. Then you're looking at a loss of £500,000. Well the whole point of us becoming a community based club is to get local businesses involved and maximise revenue. Then you won't be looking at a 'huge' loss will you?

The fans will have control over the club and we will get to see the income and expenditure of the football club. Costs will be cut and the revenue will be increased.

What do you mean by 'lesson's haven't been learn't'? I'm sorry but it isn't the fans nor the player's fault that several white knight's have came in and only had eyes for the land surrounding the stadium.

The only difference between Darlington and Grimsby is that your benefactor hasn't pulled the plug. It's weird to think that the club who made £700k more last season is facing liquidation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 194
aldi_01
February 16, 2012, 2:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Does make you think, and Darlington isn't exactly a place crawling with families with huge disposable incomes...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 194
ticker_1610
February 16, 2012, 2:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I think your basing your hopes on income that in this current climate you will struggle to meet. I really hope you raise enough to pay the wages and 10,000 a month stadium costs and pay your non footy creditors. Then you will have gone some way as fans to removing the financial stain your club has created twice previously. Good luck and time is short.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 194
DarlingtonFC1883
February 16, 2012, 2:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Citymariner
Hang about, who is going to buy these shares?

Haven't fans already dug deep to save the club so far?

The shares are only £100 each.

Local businesses and the fans will buy the shares. The Trust have got £50k so they might buy some too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 194
DarlingtonFC1883
February 16, 2012, 2:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
I think your basing your hopes on income that in this current climate you will struggle to meet. I really hope you raise enough to pay the wages and 10,000 a month stadium costs and pay your non footy creditors. Then you will have gone some way as fans to removing the financial stain your club has created twice previously. Good luck and time is short.

Darlington 1883 will plan the expenditure of the club on realistic income streams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 194
aldi_01
February 16, 2012, 2:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
But will they buy the shares...what makes you think a local business which is probably under financial strain themselves would 'waste' a few hundred pounds on some shares in a business which as been failing and has failed 3 times already? I'm not saying it is right, no body wants to see a club disappear but surely some sense of realism has to feature. In an ideal world all local businesses would support each other, Football clubs included but that isn't the case, especially when the team isn't very good...

I run a business in the north east and i want to invest money and perhaps make money from that investment...where do i put it? Hartlepool, Darlo, Sunderland or Newcastle??? Not hard really is it...

we want to see darlo survive and i admire your optimism but i think you have over estimated how much or willing these people are...investing in a football club is like throwing money away and plenty of people know this. We can all guess what an accountant would say...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 194
DarlingtonFC1883
February 16, 2012, 2:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
But will they buy the shares...what makes you think a local business which is probably under financial strain themselves would 'waste' a few hundred pounds on some shares in a business which as been failing and has failed 3 times already? I'm not saying it is right, no body wants to see a club disappear but surely some sense of realism has to feature. In an ideal world all local businesses would support each other, Football clubs included but that isn't the case, especially when the team isn't very good...

I run a business in the north east and i want to invest money and perhaps make money from that investment...where do i put it? Hartlepool, Darlo, Sunderland or Newcastle??? Not hard really is it...

we want to see darlo survive and i admire your optimism but i think you have over estimated how much or willing these people are...investing in a football club is like throwing money away and plenty of people know this. We can all guess what an accountant would say...

First off, when I said 'local businesses' I mean't local businesses. Like the businesses in Darlington. Not businesses 25-30 miles away in Sunderland. Secondly, you are not 'wasting' your money by purchasing a share, you get to own a small percentage of the club and you get a vote.

Darlington Football Club has failed before, but it hasn't failed under the ownership of the community. Community ownership is the way forward in order to make the club viable and sustainable.

'Throwing money away' ? FFS, it's £100. You're not throwing anything away as you are getting something in return.

Regarding your second paragraph, it all depends on how successful your business is. Doesn't it ? Why bother putting £50k into a big club such as Newcastle because it does f*** all. That point is stupid and invalid. It's only a few £100 shares, not millions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 194
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Darlo saved (again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.