Manchester Mariner
February 22, 2012, 1:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,826
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Any fans of 'Arrested Development' on here?

Brilliant quirky comedy that but just seemed to get stuck in the bowels of the TV scehdules unfortunately. Im sure I read somewhere that there is a new series being made and a film.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 78
Rodley Mariner
February 22, 2012, 2:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,292
Gold Stars: 187
They showed the lot recently on FX - two or three a week. Absolutely loved it and couldn't believe I'd missed it first and probably second time round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 78
Bullitt
February 22, 2012, 7:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

Brilliant quirky comedy that but just seemed to get stuck in the bowels of the TV scehdules unfortunately. Im sure I read somewhere that there is a new series being made and a film.

Yeah new series next year although its exclusive to Netflix and won't be on tv, the series is being followed by the film too!
Reply: 52 - 78
Sigone
February 22, 2012, 10:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I've read a lot of stuff saying that Luck has to be persevered with - get through the first 3 or 4 episodes and it all comes together. Apparently they sent critics the first 5 or 6 episodes because they knew they would get bad reviews on the pilot alone. As you say. with its pedigree it has to be good doesn't it?

Just watched ep2&3 and it was better, picking up pace and showing a story arc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 78
Mariner_501
February 23, 2012, 1:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Pete v Life . Class

Watched a few of them on 4od the other day as i remember this being mentioned on here and i'd never seen it, very good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 78
Imperial Corner
February 23, 2012, 5:17pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Bit of a cheat this as it's over 20 years old, but they are currently repeating it on BBC4, so... The Singing Detective. Absolute quality.

I enjoyed the first episode of Homeland, but US drama series do tend to throw everything into the pilot in order to get commissioned, the trick is to sustain the quality and many seem to lose their way after a few episodes. Hopefully this will be the exception, but I'll reserve judgement for a bit.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 78
gobby
February 25, 2012, 11:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Going to chuck Benidorm in after last nights episode. I will never use a George Foreman Grill again
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 78
upthestripes
February 26, 2012, 2:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
This isn't current but watched a couple of old Curb Your Enthusiasm eps last night & remembered how fckin brilliant this show is. Going to downloand the whole shebang and burn it to DVD. Haven't seen any of the new ones yet.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 78
Bullitt
February 26, 2012, 4:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes
This isn't current but watched a couple of old Curb Your Enthusiasm eps last night & remembered how fckin brilliant this show is. Going to downloand the whole shebang and burn it to DVD. Haven't seen any of the new ones yet.

You need to see episode 2 or 3 of the latest series, an episode which has Ricky Gervais in it, probably one of the best ones ever, they work together so well!
Reply: 58 - 78
upthestripes
February 26, 2012, 6:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 2075

You need to see episode 2 or 3 of the latest series, an episode which has Ricky Gervais in it, probably one of the best ones ever, they work together so well!

Will look forward to that Bullitt. Watched 3 or 4 eps from season 5 yesterday, the one's with Ben Stiller in and that blind man. Decided I'm going to work my way through the rest up to the new ones. Is Cheryl back in the new ones? Quite fancy her, as a milf type.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Favourite Current TV Shows

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.