Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So...... on or off??
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 133 Guests

So...... on or off??

This thread currently has 4,379 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
February 10, 2012, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from ticker_1610
Biggest scam ever, pitch frost covers, do they ever work? Games always seem called off even when the covers have been down for days thru from the start of the cold spell until match days, but pitches are still frozen solid!

Pitch covers only work to -4 I believe!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
GrimsbyLad
February 10, 2012, 7:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Went too the Ground today , the groundsman said it should definitly be on , Leaving the snow on the pitch till tomorrow morning so the pitch isnt frozen then clearing it in the morning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
LeightonMariner
February 10, 2012, 7:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from GrimsbyLad
Went too the Ground today , the groundsman said it should definitly be on , Leaving the snow on the pitch till tomorrow morning so the pitch isnt frozen then clearing it in the morning

That's good news. As an.aside I left home at 6am this morning and drove past Nene Park which is about 2 miles away and in thick snow. Arrived at my first appointment about half a mile from Villa Park and it was.completely clear.  Next appointment was Stafford so drove past the Bescott which was clear again.  On to Sth Leicester and back in the snow.  Bit of a footy stadium day but bizarre how the weather fluctuates.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 10, 2012, 7:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I know we are on a run and want to play but a frozen pitch could be a lottery and we could end up losing this game by a fluke or a slip which would be terrible for the side. Better if it was postponed because I'm sure we can beat this lot for football on a decent pitch.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
LeightonMariner
February 10, 2012, 8:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Not sure about that.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
80sglory
February 10, 2012, 9:21pm
Guest User
I'm not sure either.

Has TRRFC raised a genuine point here or is he just over-panicking in his excitement ?

On the one hand you could argue Yorks "passing game" will suffer just as much as ours ? (if not more ?)

Alternatively you might think we've more chance of beating York on a fully playable pitch (where the conditions aren't a "great leveller", especially if you think we'll bulldoze them)

Which is better, nightmare conditions or perfect conditions ?
You tell me !
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So...... on or off??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.