Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So...... on or off??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 122 Guests

So...... on or off??

This thread currently has 4,382 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
February 9, 2012, 12:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 132
just been out across the fields near my house and the ground is very hard and frozen . so far we are missing the snow  that would have protected the pitch from the frost. i think it is looking  70 / 30 against at the moment  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
YCFCMatt
February 9, 2012, 2:18pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from bladerunnner
just spoke to the club,the match is 50/50 at present with an inspection planned for 12pm saturday,taking into account the short distance involved for away fans to travel on the day.
personally i think the pitch will be frozen,at the moment the pitch is part frozen and solid but softer in the direct sunlight. according to girl in ticket office.

Mmmm.  Thanks for the info but that's not very helpful if true.  Virtually all City fans will have set off by then.  Travelling from the North East I'll be at least half way there by then

Surely an earlier preliminary inspection would be sensible, given the forecast?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
siy2k5
February 9, 2012, 2:24pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from YCFCMatt

Mmmm.  Thanks for the info but that's not very helpful if true.  Virtually all City fans will have set off by then.  Travelling from the North East I'll be at least half way there by then

Surely an earlier preliminary inspection would be sensible, given the forecast?

Yeah a 10 o'clock inspection would give away fans the chance to not set off. That said, 3 hours is plenty of time to get to Grimsby from York. It's not ideal, but surely the pitch has to be given as long as possible to thaw before a decision is made either way.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
Toothill Totty
February 9, 2012, 9:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -4
Gold Stars: 1
Frost covers will work upto -4c as a rule, if it dips beneth that for a  continuous period of time the ground will freeze, if the snow has been left on the pitch since last week this will keep the ground tempreture up slightly so it will probably be a case of everyone to bp with a snow shovel. Forecast showing slight rise for saturday possibly upto +5 which if so will quickly enable the ground to thaw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
pontoonlew
February 9, 2012, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I don't see why they wouldn't just work hard on the parts that are frozen? Surely it's only the bit infront of the Findus?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
Perkins
February 10, 2012, 2:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from pontoonlew
I don't see why they wouldn't just work hard on the parts that are frozen? Surely it's only the bit infront of the Findus?

Yes, it's a pity the Findus isn't built of Meccano and Lego like Scunnys ground, then all you'd have to do is slacken off a couple of nuts and bolts, remove a couple of panels and let the sun in.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
oldludensian
February 10, 2012, 2:46pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
Quoted from Perkins

Yes, it's a pity the Findus isn't built of Meccano and Lego like Scunnys ground, then all you'd have to do is slacken off a couple of nuts and bolts, remove a couple of panels and let the sun in.

Lego? That's libellous, surely Scunny's shittip is built of that cheappo Lego alternative (Megablocks?). I loved Lego as a kid, trips to Ronny Ramsdens were like heaven. Can still remember the excitement of wondering round the shelves packed full of the stuff  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
ticker_1610
February 10, 2012, 2:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Biggest scam ever, pitch frost covers, do they ever work? Games always seem called off even when the covers have been down for days thru from the start of the cold spell until match days, but pitches are still frozen solid!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
Garth
February 10, 2012, 3:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from ticker_1610
Biggest scam ever, pitch frost covers, do they ever work? Games always seem called off even when the covers have been down for days thru from the start of the cold spell until match days, but pitches are still frozen solid!

I have never seen these covers up close, do they have an insulation material built in like fibre glass of poly beads, or are they bog standard canvas?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
lobsterpot
February 10, 2012, 7:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from oldludensian

Lego? That's libellous, surely Scunny's shittip is built of that cheappo Lego alternative (Megablocks?). I loved Lego as a kid, trips to Ronny Ramsdens were like heaven. Can still remember the excitement of wondering round the shelves packed full of the stuff  

Sticklebricks!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So...... on or off??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.