Madeleymariner
February 8, 2012, 10:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I always buy tickets over the phone.  First class service each time. The more tickets you buy the harder it is to meet your first choice of seating.  5 seats together would be hard to place.

Do give the ticket office staff a break.  They are very busy at the moment.

The failure to get  3 tickets in agreed seat numbers (booked  a week before the game) happened at home to Ebsfleet, crowd just over 2800, hardly overworked I would of thought.

I like it at the club shop, there are pretty girls to look at while you wait etc but at £16 a pop I expect to be in the seat I paid for, its not like it has been just a one off that they got it wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
moosey_club
February 8, 2012, 11:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Seine Netter

I've been stood waiting for some nuts and bolt at that window for hours before!!!

Sounds like the place i did my apprenticeship, got sent to the stores one day for a long weight, two and a half hours i stood there and then when they came back they said they had ran out of them, useless.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
mariner83
February 9, 2012, 7:40am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I always buy tickets over the phone.  First class service each time. The more tickets you buy the harder it is to meet your first choice of seating.  5 seats together would be hard to place.

Never had a problem either tbf, think I've been booking tickets over the phone for about 14 years now couple of seasons when I had a ST so didn't need to.  
Bet there'll be a problem now when I go to pick them up on Saturday

Quoted from Madeleymariner

The failure to get  3 tickets in agreed seat numbers (booked  a week before the game) happened at home to Ebsfleet, crowd just over 2800, hardly overworked I would of thought.

I like it at the club shop, there are pretty girls to look at while you wait etc but at £16 a pop I expect to be in the seat I paid for, its not like it has been just a one off that they got it wrong.

Not sure which stand you sit in but was anyone actually sat in the seats you wanted?  I've forgotten to specify a seat before, so I've sat in the one allocated to me until pretty much everyone is in and then moved to where I wanted once no one else had sat there.
Of course not so easy when there is a big crowd.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
1mickylyons
February 9, 2012, 7:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from moosey_club

Sounds like the place i did my apprenticeship, got sent to the stores one day for a long weight, two and a half hours i stood there and then when they came back they said they had ran out of them, useless.  

We dont run out of anything Moosey cos i dont give anything out in the first place and if he thought waiting a couple of hours was bad he aint seen nothing yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
lukeo
February 9, 2012, 7:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from STB
I really want to go to the match on Sat with my lad but after the grief and hassle I got last time I tried to buy tickets, I will not use the club office again to buy them.
Is there any way I can buy tickets without actually going to the ticket office?
Ta  

I pay on the gate all the time now  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
1mickylyons
February 9, 2012, 7:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from STB
I really want to go to the match on Sat with my lad but after the grief and hassle I got last time I tried to buy tickets, I will not use the club office again to buy them.
Is there any way I can buy tickets without actually going to the ticket office?
Ta  

Ticket Office was great service i quoted a seat number and handed over £16 to the young lad serving all told took about a minute,it was the bint in the Club shop who so obviously couldn`t stop yapping that was the downside of my visit and cost GTFC an extra 30-40 quid i intended spending but hey ho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
1mickylyons
February 9, 2012, 7:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

I pay on the gate all the time now  

Not on Saturday you wont.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 9, 2012, 7:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,950
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from moosey_club

thing is, i dont know if your joking. cos i played that gag on a goregeous (but oh so dim) employee of mine a few years.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
1mickylyons
February 9, 2012, 8:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

thing is, i dont know if your joking. cos i played that gag on a goregeous (but oh so dim) employee of mine a few years.

Ive seen em all long stands,mt1 bin bags,sky hooks you usually find it`s the leccies that fall for it time and again and who am i to spoil the fun
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
lukeo
February 9, 2012, 8:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Not on Saturday you wont.

Care to bet on that?   There will be plenty of tickets left  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ticket office/club shop

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.