Googlebot and 124 Guests

Just Back

This thread currently has 3,744 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TykeMariner
February 8, 2012, 12:30am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Don't get much chance to do this but since I live in Bath....

Overall, lucky to get away with a win. Bath were the better team and had the better chances. Was it me or were we just slow - looked heavy legged. They won every 50-50 and always seemed to get to the second ball. As a Bath supporter said, they just don't have a cutting edge. How many attempts on goal did we have? 3? And scored with two of 'em, Their goal, bad mistake by Silk. Just let the ball hit him. Mckeown didn't have much chance. First goal was soft - goalkeeper came and got nowhere near it - funnily enough in some ways similar to Wilkinson vs Everton. Second goal was after the only decent move Town did in the match. Quick passing, actually got behind the defence and first time cross. Good chest control and left foot volley - thank you very much.

Won't do each player - just main points.
MoM - Elding. Won a lot in the air, scored the goal and worked hard. Also won the free-kick for the first goal.
Hearn worked hard with absolutely no decent service.
Pearson and Gardner looked solid - Pearson quite impressive with organisation skills - gave Townsend a right earfull at one point. Distribution not as good as Miller & I'anson?  
Disley&Thanoj - Pretty non-existent. Thought Disley was poor - midfield seemed a bit better when Church came on.
Coulson - Worst player - mis-controlled at least 3 times and didn't look interested. Is it me or is he going backwards at a fast rate of knots?

If the above sounds a bit negative - well that's the facts. Agree with others that even at 1-0 always thought town would get back. Did think it would finish 1-1 though. Second half closed down better and sheer effort, will and confidence won the game.  Very little decent football and only attacking idea seemed to be lob it into the channel for Hearn to chase. And what is this about poor conditions? Pitch looked OK, no wind and Bath seemed to be able to play decent footy.
Will have to play better vs York.
UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
February 8, 2012, 12:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
Interesting about Coulson, because I thought exactly the same at the last home game! What is wrong with him?! Cheers for that.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
Total Football
February 8, 2012, 1:29am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Went to the game tonight, thought we looked slow in the first half. Second saw a reactions. Stand out performer was elding for me too, puts a real shift in scored 1 set other up with a nice flick for Duffy. Not hearns night, but is entitled to have an off night. Coulson looked poor on the night. Pearson/garner was outstanding. Macca didn't have much to do, when called upon did very well. Great win in the end. Well done everyone who travelled brilliant..UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
Mariner_501
February 8, 2012, 2:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from davmariner
Interesting about Coulson, because I thought exactly the same at the last home game! What is wrong with him?! Cheers for that.

It's been said by at least a couple of people after every game the last few months. He does have quite a few goals and assists though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
tonyfordsmicrofro
February 8, 2012, 2:28am

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from davmariner
Interesting about Coulson, because I thought exactly the same at the last home game! What is wrong with him?!.

NOTHING!! Coulson plays a different game, (or is being asked to play a different game) to what he was asked to play last season, this season.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
PPMariner
February 8, 2012, 3:35am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Coulson is always in the team for me but it's been a while since I've come away thinking, or been told, "Coulson had a good game today".

Perhaps unwise, in the main, to alter a winning lineup but I'd be tempted to look at Church and Thanoj in the middle - wasn't there tonight but Disley had the poorest game I'd seen from him against Telford - off the pace, weak passes and poor touch (all uncharacteristic), maybe he's carrying a niggle. Church has looked much hungrier and fitter in his cameos post Christmas.

Either way, with Duffy, I'Anson and KHM to throw into the mix with Church - it's a strange but fantastic feeling to have a wealth of options from our bench.

UTMM

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
aldi_01
February 8, 2012, 7:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whether Coulo is playing well, i still think we would miss him. He has already chipped in with a few goals and his assists rate is high.

I suppose tonight once again proved how far we've come, not played well but still won, limited chances but took them, in days gone by we would have been the better side but bollocksed it up.

Onwards and upwards, starting with sneaking into the playoffs...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
Havelock the Dane
February 8, 2012, 7:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Yup, well done to those who flew the flag for Town tonight and I am glad you were rewarded with a victory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
Super Clive
February 8, 2012, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Coulson needs to pull his finger out because Louis soares is waiting.....
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
BIGChris
February 8, 2012, 8:25am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Coulson has undoubtedly vastly increased his defensive work this season. His covering and defensive skills have come on no end this season.

IMO he is now a proper right sided midfielder rather than a winger! There is a huge difference
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.