Just Back

This thread currently has 3,741 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ticker_1610
February 8, 2012, 10:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
My mis info then someone said a local side shared the pitch. Anyway comments still stand in respect of rugby being played on footy pitches! Don't think the proposal for York to share will help York play good footy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 8, 2012, 10:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,949
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from RoboCod
Bath Rugby club play at the Recreation Ground. Interestingly, they had nearly 12,00 attending the last game. Not a football place I guess.

far from it! its rugby all the way. its the same here in gloucester. get 13000 avg week by week. cracking day out it is too. catering amazing (suppose it helps having so many farms round here!) they have a farmer called dave tomlins* that has a stall selling his own burgers and sausages at very reasonable prices. plus, it always helps when you can have a pint or 2 watching the game.

*(though am thinking this has changed to ben creese now!)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
ginnywings
February 8, 2012, 11:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
It's only Tondeur who was banging on about the state of the pitch.

When asked about it in his post match interview,Hurst said the pitch was fine and they had no problem with it,but he did say the players looked a bit rusty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
ticker_1610
February 8, 2012, 11:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Cricket matches are also great the way that they allow consumption of beer in the stands, good food choices, especially at Lords, Trent Bridge wernt bad either! all day drinking and scoffing equated to a bit of banter n singing, where does footy go so wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 8, 2012, 11:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
think its the hooliganism part of it. and the fact that football is more working class background. its not the same down henley regatta you know

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 8, 2012, 11:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
but, then you look at american football (and i seem to think ice hockey/basketball/baseball too) and the fans all meet in the huge car parks (very similar to twickenham on international day) and have barbecue's/picnics etc in the backs of their cars

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
Welwynmariner
February 8, 2012, 11:37am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ticker_1610
The rugby can't help the playing surface. Really detest rugby being played on pitches used by football clubs during the winter months makes pitches like horse paddocks. Must be a clear advantage to home sides that train n play on such a bad surface, whilst the visiting team take a while to settle and adjust to the pitch. Any hope of free fast flowing football probably negated by the surface! All in all a very good result n a little profit perhaps from an additional game v York or Ebbs ??

Bath is dominated by Rugby. Relations between the Football club and the rugby club are not good, and never have been there. Bath City play in Twerton which is the working class enclave in the city around the old Stothert and Pitt engineering works which was to Bath what Rushton-Bucyrus was to Lincoln. There's no chance they would allow an oval ball inside the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
Paris Mariner
February 8, 2012, 12:03pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from Super Clive
Coulson needs to pull his finger out because Louis soares is waiting.....

Exactly. I think Coulo can be great but for someone who allegedly sees himself playing higher up the leagues he's too in and out for me. He's either brilliant or non-existant. Hopefully Soares' presence will give him the encouragement required.

Good sign again though - not been on top of our game but came out winners in the end. I think our fitness is starting to show in the way we seem to really come into games towards the end of late rather than peter out like under Woods'.

I have to hand it to Duffy as well. Having been one of his most vocal critics on here it is a testament to his form that he keeps chipping in with goals from the bench. Unlucky for him but great for GTFC that the two starting strikers keep scoring as well. Keep it up though mate, well done.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 37
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 8, 2012, 12:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
That's how Elding got his chance,
Duffy was first choice at start of season but Elds kept scoring after coming on as sub,  Both Elds and Duffy scored last nice, good intresting and healthy competition for a starting place.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
MuddyWaters
February 8, 2012, 2:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Coulson concerns me - doesn't seem as up for it as others.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.