4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
February 8, 2012, 2:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
This is shaping up nicely - with Duffy scoring in his last 2 games I wasn't sure who I was supposed to criticise after each win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Total Football
February 8, 2012, 2:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Nice to see all out strikers scoring. I personally think Duffy an elding could do a job together if the hit man fails in form. Same applys if elding fails to perform. It's great we got that sort of competition..thought Duffy an elding done well in the time they was on together.. Both scored great goal from elding and a lovely flick for Duffy to control an finish nicely..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
Total Football
February 8, 2012, 2:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from Total Football
Nice to see all out strikers scoring. I personally think Duffy an elding could do a job together if the hit man fails in form. Same applys if elding fails to perform. It's great we got that sort of competition..thought Duffy an elding done well in the time they was on together.. Both scored great goals. and a lovely flick from elding for Duffy to control an finish nicely..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
brad_gtfc
February 8, 2012, 6:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
As far as Coulson goes, he's doing alright for me.
After all he's a winger, they drift in and out of games and are the most inconsistent players in most teams.
His assist rate and goal tally shows how vital he is to the team in my view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Tommy
February 8, 2012, 6:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Playing in the position he does, MC generally relies on other players getting the ball out to him, as strikers do. If the defenders and the central midfielders aren't spreading the ball out wide, then as a winger, all you can do is work hard to get up and down the line occupying the opposition winger and also helping out your own full back. MC is doing this. And at the end of the day even in his quieter games, he still normally scores or creates a goal. The facts speak for themselves - 17 assists and 9 goals. And he had a chance early on last night i believe, so he's getting in the right positions still.

Don't understand the gradual turn against him from some in the last few weeks, maybe some aren't happy unless they can moan about someone, or maybe a few said it and it then becomes an easy bandwagon to jump on for those who don't really form their own opinions.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
Garth
February 8, 2012, 7:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I like Coulson even in his quieter games he`s a threat,   like Tommy says its a fact (ask Elding)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
nickmariners
February 8, 2012, 7:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Tommy
Playing in the position he does, MC generally relies on other players getting the ball out to him, as strikers do. If the defenders and the central midfielders aren't spreading the ball out wide, then as a winger, all you can do is work hard to get up and down the line occupying the opposition winger and also helping out your own full back. MC is doing this. And at the end of the day even in his quieter games, he still normally scores or creates a goal. The facts speak for themselves - 17 assists and 9 goals. And he had a chance early on last night i believe, so he's getting in the right positions still.

Don't understand the gradual turn against him from some in the last few weeks, maybe some aren't happy unless they can moan about someone, or maybe a few said it and it then becomes an easy bandwagon to jump on for those who don't really form their own opinions.

Agree with this.  Also -- Coulson had to take an awful lot on in previous seasons, when his team-mates didn't have ability or attitude.  No wonder he seemed to shine more brightly in that environment.  The present team is SO much better so this season there is a) less need for Coulson to be a superman, and b) less opportunity for him to look like superman (even if he is).

He's still a great player for Town - doing the job that seems to be set for him this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
OrieNmaRtIn
February 10, 2012, 9:33am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Well I think The fans all meet in the huge car parks and have barbecue's picnics etc in the backs of their cars... Anyway thanks everyone for sharing all the informative anime.

[url=http://ultimatefitnessbreakthrough.com/livingsocial/pasadenas-1-personal-trainer-reveals-secret-to-success/]Pasadena Personal Trainers[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.