Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Strangest thing to happen to you at a match?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 94 Guests

Strangest thing to happen to you at a match?

This thread currently has 3,482 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
nelly_gtfc
February 7, 2012, 11:07pm
Guest User
Well whats yours? got any storys to tell? well here is one of mine . . . .

Being called out on the tannoy to goto the Ambulance station after going 2-1 up against premiership Leicester in the League Cup in 1997

Turned out my Dad had broke his leg after jumping up to cheer the equaliser goal we scored lol, when he got to the Hospital - Martin O'Neil was there with Steve Walsh & Julian Watts because they got badly injured, if any of you remember Steve Walsh slammed into the goal post trying to stop one of Grimsby's goals going in and injured himself doing so lol.

I missed the rest of the game and the third goal Grimsby Scored! I wasnt very happy to say the least.

My dad got talking to Martin O'Neil and managed to get all 3 autographs on the matchday program lol.
hertfordshire mariner
February 8, 2012, 12:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Getting kicked out at half time of what i think was the last ever standing game at BP? (V Wolves) for smoking in the pontoon. I Didnt even smoke at the time!!!!

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
UTFM
February 8, 2012, 12:47am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +23
My story is from an American Football game.  I was at a University of Florida Gators game (about 92,000 people at the game) and I heard my name called over the speaker system to check in with security.  When I went to the office, they told me that my then-girlfriend (an athlete at UF) had been hit by a car as she was riding her bike back to her house.  It turned out she was fine, but I was shitting bricks when I heard I was to "report to security at once"... it felt like all 92,000 people were watching me and wondering just what flipping horrible thing I'd done.

"It is about Mike Parker taking over the club with an equally rich Icelandic business partner called Skarphedin Berg Steinarsson." (Career Underdogs)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
nelly_gtfc
February 8, 2012, 1:24am
Guest User
Quoted from UTFM
It turned out she was fine, but I was shitting bricks when I heard I was to "report to security at once"... it felt like all 92,000 people were watching me and wondering just what flipping horrible thing I'd done.
No shite! yours on a grander scale, I felt really paranoid and probally only 8 to 9,000 at this game but I didn't want to stand up and walk anywhere it was a full house, felt like everyone was staring even though they were all watching the game.
Reply: 3 - 42
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 8, 2012, 9:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,082
Gold Stars: 195
a couple of stories!

got kicked out of hillsbrough TWICE when town lost 7-1! first cos i told a steward to fu ck off after he barged into a load of us (or was it cos i was pished!) and then he spotted me again!

bit the same as nelly! Met kieran dyer after he broke his leg at bristol rovers while at west ham. the bloke was gutted but still had the time to speak to me and my mate

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
ginnywings
February 8, 2012, 9:14am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
The strangest thing that happened to me at a game was very recently,when i looked on the pitch and thought to myself,where did this proper football team come from?

Weird feeling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
speedy
February 8, 2012, 9:18am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from ginnywings
The strangest thing that happened to me at a game was very recently,when i looked on the pitch and thought to myself,where did this proper football team come from?

Weird feeling.

Wow thats happened to me too! when was this!? we might be on about the same team!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
Jarmo.Is.God
February 8, 2012, 9:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
my dad got kicked out against crystal palace at home, think we won 5-3 ?

we was sat in the main stand towards the pontoon of the dug out near the front, when he decided it would be clever to go and pull the linesmans shorts down  

actually made it into a few newspapers with that i.e The Sun  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
ivanosandwich
February 8, 2012, 11:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Mine was at Wembley when we played MK Dons in the JPT Final a few years ago. At HT I went to get a drink with my Dad. He got a pint but I was driving so had a soft drink. We went back to our seats with our drinks, I never gave a thought to the fact that you can’t drink alcohol in view of the pitch.

Unbeknown to us, at that point in time, someone was complaining to a steward about some drunken louts that happened to be sat near to us. When we had been sat back in our seats for a few minutes, a steward came up, assumed that my Dad was the lout as he was drinking a pint and wanted to throw him out. My sister and I had to talk the steward out of it, my Dad didn’t have a clue what was going on at the time, he is in his eighties.

Would have been a great laugh had Boshell not missed that pen early doors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
Stew0_0
February 8, 2012, 11:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,197
Gold Stars: 35
My story was from when I was a kid and we was allowed to sit on the front rail near the barriers in what was then the home end in the Osmond stand. it was around Bonfire night and a fan had thrown a lit rocket firework on the pitch bout 10 yards in front of me and this other kid next to me. It looked like it had gone out but bout 20 seconds later it sparked up again and wizzed straight towards us knocking the kid next to me off the bar and in doing so he chucked his cherryade into his own face. His dad dusted him down, consoled him and popped him back on the bar. He watched the rest of the match sobbing with bright red dried cherryade patches on his face. Proper Vimto smile!!  Never forget that moment. lol.

In another instance I remember someone in the Ponny throw a bog roll on the pitch and it hit the referee in the back of the neck. He went down and had to get treatment from our physio.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Strangest thing to happen to you at a match?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.