Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Strangest thing to happen to you at a match?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 70 Guests

Strangest thing to happen to you at a match?

This thread currently has 3,481 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
nelly_gtfc
February 7, 2012, 11:07pm
Guest User
Well whats yours? got any storys to tell? well here is one of mine . . . .

Being called out on the tannoy to goto the Ambulance station after going 2-1 up against premiership Leicester in the League Cup in 1997

Turned out my Dad had broke his leg after jumping up to cheer the equaliser goal we scored lol, when he got to the Hospital - Martin O'Neil was there with Steve Walsh & Julian Watts because they got badly injured, if any of you remember Steve Walsh slammed into the goal post trying to stop one of Grimsby's goals going in and injured himself doing so lol.

I missed the rest of the game and the third goal Grimsby Scored! I wasnt very happy to say the least.

My dad got talking to Martin O'Neil and managed to get all 3 autographs on the matchday program lol.
hertfordshire mariner
February 8, 2012, 12:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Getting kicked out at half time of what i think was the last ever standing game at BP? (V Wolves) for smoking in the pontoon. I Didnt even smoke at the time!!!!

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
UTFM
February 8, 2012, 12:47am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +23
My story is from an American Football game.  I was at a University of Florida Gators game (about 92,000 people at the game) and I heard my name called over the speaker system to check in with security.  When I went to the office, they told me that my then-girlfriend (an athlete at UF) had been hit by a car as she was riding her bike back to her house.  It turned out she was fine, but I was shitting bricks when I heard I was to "report to security at once"... it felt like all 92,000 people were watching me and wondering just what flipping horrible thing I'd done.

"It is about Mike Parker taking over the club with an equally rich Icelandic business partner called Skarphedin Berg Steinarsson." (Career Underdogs)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
nelly_gtfc
February 8, 2012, 1:24am
Guest User
Quoted from UTFM
It turned out she was fine, but I was shitting bricks when I heard I was to "report to security at once"... it felt like all 92,000 people were watching me and wondering just what flipping horrible thing I'd done.
No shite! yours on a grander scale, I felt really paranoid and probally only 8 to 9,000 at this game but I didn't want to stand up and walk anywhere it was a full house, felt like everyone was staring even though they were all watching the game.
Reply: 3 - 42
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 8, 2012, 9:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,079
Gold Stars: 195
a couple of stories!

got kicked out of hillsbrough TWICE when town lost 7-1! first cos i told a steward to fu ck off after he barged into a load of us (or was it cos i was pished!) and then he spotted me again!

bit the same as nelly! Met kieran dyer after he broke his leg at bristol rovers while at west ham. the bloke was gutted but still had the time to speak to me and my mate

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
ginnywings
February 8, 2012, 9:14am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
The strangest thing that happened to me at a game was very recently,when i looked on the pitch and thought to myself,where did this proper football team come from?

Weird feeling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
speedy
February 8, 2012, 9:18am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from ginnywings
The strangest thing that happened to me at a game was very recently,when i looked on the pitch and thought to myself,where did this proper football team come from?

Weird feeling.

Wow thats happened to me too! when was this!? we might be on about the same team!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
Jarmo.Is.God
February 8, 2012, 9:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
my dad got kicked out against crystal palace at home, think we won 5-3 ?

we was sat in the main stand towards the pontoon of the dug out near the front, when he decided it would be clever to go and pull the linesmans shorts down  

actually made it into a few newspapers with that i.e The Sun  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
ivanosandwich
February 8, 2012, 11:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Mine was at Wembley when we played MK Dons in the JPT Final a few years ago. At HT I went to get a drink with my Dad. He got a pint but I was driving so had a soft drink. We went back to our seats with our drinks, I never gave a thought to the fact that you can’t drink alcohol in view of the pitch.

Unbeknown to us, at that point in time, someone was complaining to a steward about some drunken louts that happened to be sat near to us. When we had been sat back in our seats for a few minutes, a steward came up, assumed that my Dad was the lout as he was drinking a pint and wanted to throw him out. My sister and I had to talk the steward out of it, my Dad didn’t have a clue what was going on at the time, he is in his eighties.

Would have been a great laugh had Boshell not missed that pen early doors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
Stew0_0
February 8, 2012, 11:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
My story was from when I was a kid and we was allowed to sit on the front rail near the barriers in what was then the home end in the Osmond stand. it was around Bonfire night and a fan had thrown a lit rocket firework on the pitch bout 10 yards in front of me and this other kid next to me. It looked like it had gone out but bout 20 seconds later it sparked up again and wizzed straight towards us knocking the kid next to me off the bar and in doing so he chucked his cherryade into his own face. His dad dusted him down, consoled him and popped him back on the bar. He watched the rest of the match sobbing with bright red dried cherryade patches on his face. Proper Vimto smile!!  Never forget that moment. lol.

In another instance I remember someone in the Ponny throw a bog roll on the pitch and it hit the referee in the back of the neck. He went down and had to get treatment from our physio.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 8, 2012, 12:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
In another instance I remember someone in the Ponny throw a bog roll on the pitch and it hit the referee in the back of the neck. He went down and had to get treatment from our physio.  

I remember that,  I think it was  a till roll thats why he went down in installments

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
Kris2
February 8, 2012, 12:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
I can't remember who we were playing i think Bolton and i wasn't even going to the match that day i had to do a few things in town and on the way back went in Ramsdens anyways i was walking home past the Imp and a few scruffy looking chavs were around the phoneboxes one of them asks me for 20p and i said i don't have any money on me and i go to walk away and one of his mates punches me in the face and boots me a few times before they run off. I lost a tooth and suffered a hairline fracture in the jaw i'm in pain and blood is pouring all over the place and since there is a match on my friend suggests we go there and find the Police.

Anyways the stewards outside see me and take me to the ambulance crew inside to get looked at but apparently they had already had to go to the hospital for something else so i had to wait for another Ambulance and i ended up sitting there watching the second half of the match. Most uncomfortable time watching a match i ever had. Anyways got to hospital and the police talked to me but i never remembered the faces of the people who did it since i barely saw them and all scuffy chavs look the same. But yeah weird matchday for me and just shows that 20p is worth so much to some people that they'll knock a tooth out over it lol
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 8, 2012, 12:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
i can remember a bloke scaling one the girders in the ponny many many years ago when it was still standing!
that was bizarre!

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
GrimRob
February 8, 2012, 12:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,468
Gold Stars: 115
I was arrested for being drunk before the QPR v Grimsby match in early 2001 when Town won 1-0. I was given the choice between continuing to argue with the police and being arrested or going home. I chose option 1. I then missed the match as I was in a cell asleep. When I came round the match has finished so I was released with a caution. An officer told me the score so I left Hammersmith police station punching the air and chanting "we are Town".

I haven't had a drop of alcohol before any game since then.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 42
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 8, 2012, 1:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
I was arrested for being drunk before the QPR v Grimsby match in early 2001 when Town won 1-0. I was given the choice between continuing to argue with the police and being arrested or going home. I chose option 1. I then missed the match as I was in a cell asleep. When I came round the match has finished so I was released with a caution. An officer told me the score so I left Hammersmith police station punching the air and chanting "we are Town".

I haven't had a drop of alcohol before any game since then.

brilliant day out for me that. had a load of mates staying at my gaff. had a load of beers before the game. after, zulu (who some may know on here) had the eagle eye on him from the old bill. well, that was until he walked into a lampost and all around started pishing themselves, including the rozzers! even met doppy nigel out of eastenders on the way back to chiswick

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
gobby
February 8, 2012, 1:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
I got woke up by the police near Milford Haven in 1981 after a Town home game the previous night. I had alledgedly thown an away supporter threw a shop window and done a runner! Someone had given my name, nickname, address, and a description of what I was weraring at the match. So the OB went to my Dads with a warrant and was told I was in Milford Haven, so the Grimsby OB asked their counterparts in Milford to arrest me and they came knocking dragged me out of bed and tried to arrest me. They were stopped by the Captain of the ship I was on which was at anchor outside Milford Haven harbour and which I had been on for three days. A pilot boat had been hired to bring the police out!
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
lawless29
February 8, 2012, 2:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
i can remember a bloke scaling one the girders in the ponny many many years ago when it was still standing!
that was bizarre!

my uncle bob used to do that and climb the floodlights barnicle bob

https://www.facebook.com/GrimsbyCleethorpesHistory
[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/6lz8j8h4r/403320_362485870431139_1145829449_n.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/]photo upload[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
oldludensian
February 8, 2012, 3:01pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
Went to Norwich away on early 90s. Think it ended 2-2, we had Livo and Forrester up front. Very cold. I left the ground, which at that time was pretty symetrical. Walked for ages trying to find car, realised I was going completely wrong direction. Retraced steps, eventually found car after an hour by which time my jacket had frozen!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
1mickylyons
February 8, 2012, 5:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,393
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

brilliant day out for me that. had a load of mates staying at my gaff. had a load of beers before the game. after, zulu (who some may know on here) had the eagle eye on him from the old bill. well, that was until he walked into a lampost and all around started pishing themselves, including the rozzers! even met doppy nigel out of eastenders on the way back to chiswick

Thought you may have recounted the Friday night Tranmere away game mate and the missing exhaust pipe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
hook line and sinker
February 8, 2012, 5:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
A story of my old mans,probably around the 80's time he and a few mates was driving down too norwich too watch town, was in a car accident which resulted in writing off a jaguar,the fella driving calls his brother up too pick them up and continue too the match not far out of town he is also involved in a accident writing his car off which was new out of the garage the previous day  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
battered haddock
February 8, 2012, 5:49pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
a couple of stories!

got kicked out of hillsbrough TWICE when town lost 7-1! first cos i told a steward to fu ck off after he barged into a load of us (or was it cos i was pished!) and then he spotted me again!

bit the same as nelly! Met kieran dyer after he broke his leg at bristol rovers while at west ham. the bloke was gutted but still had the time to speak to me and my mate

oh the fun we had seasons in the sun......i took my lad to see the wendys ....sat in the sand bought him a meat pie.he took the top of the pis to pore in his ketchup and....... POW a fookin pile of confetti landed perfect in the pie  before the ketchup.....spot on as they say haha but as he turned to me a ball from the warm up smashed into a upright in the t stand and hit him clean in the face ..............hahaha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Fishymo
February 8, 2012, 6:28pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +3
Me and a 'mate' left the ground at Wolves- it was back when i was in my twenties, and Wolves were close to the playoffs...Osters goal drew the game and they needed a win. Anyway, coming out the ground some one came out the shadows and headbutted me. Totally didn't see it coming. Teeth everywhere and blood streaming down my face. I found out later on that my frikkin mate left me for dead to 'get a burger'. illegitimate.

Its amazing how fast the crowds part when they see someone pouring with blood stumbling towards them. No one offers any help... you are on your own.

Anyway, i got criminal compensation for my teeth to the tune of £1k...and genuinely hoped that it would happen again at least once a season. Id happily swap 3 half teeth for a grand.

Anyone want some teeth?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
MyDogsThoughts
February 8, 2012, 6:37pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Half time at our first Wembley game: my dad reached into his coat pocket and brought out two large pork pies, he then says who wants some and pulls out a huge carving knife to cut the pies with. Everyone in our group just stared wide eyed as he proceeded to divvy up the said pies.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
siy2k5
February 8, 2012, 8:44pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Kris2
I can't remember who we were playing i think Bolton and i wasn't even going to the match that day i had to do a few things in town and on the way back went in Ramsdens anyways i was walking home past the Imp and a few scruffy looking chavs were around the phoneboxes one of them asks me for 20p and i said i don't have any money on me and i go to walk away and one of his mates punches me in the face and boots me a few times before they run off. I lost a tooth and suffered a hairline fracture in the jaw i'm in pain and blood is pouring all over the place and since there is a match on my friend suggests we go there and find the Police.

Anyways the stewards outside see me and take me to the ambulance crew inside to get looked at but apparently they had already had to go to the hospital for something else so i had to wait for another Ambulance and i ended up sitting there watching the second half of the match. Most uncomfortable time watching a match i ever had. Anyways got to hospital and the police talked to me but i never remembered the faces of the people who did it since i barely saw them and all scuffy chavs look the same. But yeah weird matchday for me and just shows that 20p is worth so much to some people that they'll knock a tooth out over it lol

The lengths people will go to to get in free

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
monkeyboy
February 8, 2012, 8:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
i lived in halifax for a while, i remember town visiting during the promotion season in buckly era 1. went to the game straight after doing overtime on the sat mornin. town pretty much took over the shay so couldnt get in with the town fans, so opted for hx end.
got a few funn looks when i got to the turnstile but thought nothing of it. only when i was jumping up n down screamin when big keith scored did i realise i was wearing a burnley training top which i used for work. obviously the locals where not best pleased and thankfully the kind stewards ejected me from the ground before a good kicking was dished out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
siy2k5
February 8, 2012, 8:57pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from monkeyboy
i lived in halifax for a while, i remember town visiting during the promotion season in buckly era 1. went to the game straight after doing overtime on the sat mornin. town pretty much took over the shay so couldnt get in with the town fans, so opted for hx end.
got a few funn looks when i got to the turnstile but thought nothing of it. only when i was jumping up n down screamin when big keith scored did i realise i was wearing a burnley training top which i used for work. obviously the locals where not best pleased and thankfully the kind stewards ejected me from the ground before a good kicking was dished out.

Schoolboy error

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
mrsd
February 8, 2012, 10:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Fire under the mainstand where we were standing, stewards went under stand with buckets of water to put it out. This was before the Bradford fire or I think I may have been less blase about it!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 8, 2012, 11:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1

I remember that,  I think it was  a till roll thats why he went down in installments

PMSL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
I believe in Cod
February 8, 2012, 11:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
In all honesty, anybody who was at Burton away, will never see events unfold like that again! Mad day

for me, the Burnley game 6-5! My uncle and cousin are from Burnley, originally, they live here, the previous fixture they had come to sit with me in the town end, so I decided to sit with them in the Burnely end this particular evening, as I was only youngish at the time. It was close to Halloween as I remember and Mighty Mariner was coming round handing out scary sweets to kids, when he spotted my uncle, who he knew and shouted his name out at the top of his voice, and waved and literally every Burnley fan looked at us like excrement haha pretty funny in the end though when that 6th goal went in.

Another one was at Turf Moor, my dad came to this one, and again we sat behind the goal with my uncle among the Burnley fans, at half time (think we were winning 1-0) we went for a drink and got talking to some Burnley fans who were pretty upset at their teams performance "we're excrement arent we, bloody Burnley" etc etc we just agreed, under a rye smile haha

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 8, 2012, 11:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Fishymo
Me and a 'mate' left the ground at Wolves- it was back when i was in my twenties, and Wolves were close to the playoffs...Osters goal drew the game and they needed a win. Anyway, coming out the ground some one came out the shadows and headbutted me. Totally didn't see it coming. Teeth everywhere and blood streaming down my face. I found out later on that my frikkin mate left me for dead to 'get a burger'. illegitimate.

Its amazing how fast the crowds part when they see someone pouring with blood stumbling towards them. No one offers any help... you are on your own.

Anyway, i got criminal compensation for my teeth to the tune of £1k...and genuinely hoped that it would happen again at least once a season. Id happily swap 3 half teeth for a grand.

Anyone want some teeth?

More than their fair share of nutters at that place jumping people unprovoked. Always happy when I see them lose.

Remember that game. On the way we got stuck in traffic so my mate rang up to ask if they would delay the kickoff.

The Enoch (or was it Eli) at Molyneaux said "hang on minute moite" then came back and said "how many of yows is there?"
"Two carloads" said my mate (lying - there was only 5 of us in one car).
"Oh. Sorry loike. We thought there'd be a couple of coaches. If there'd been more of yows we would of done".

The moral of the story is, if you're going to lie, make sure it's a whopper.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
conscorner
February 8, 2012, 11:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +300
Gold Stars: 3
The half time bonanza draw has been won by a supporter sitting next to me on two occasions - once in the Upper Findus and once in the Main Stand.

Never got anywhere near it myself!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 9, 2012, 8:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Thought you may have recounted the Friday night Tranmere away game mate and the missing exhaust pipe

OMG!! LOL LOL LOL the ginger mobile!!! totally forgot about that. eyes streaming from carbon monoxide. and who can forget robert fleck and norwich mooning us on the m62!

oh, and getting nicked at forest for showing my ar5e at newark train station was embarressing!

micky, you also have a pm!!!!!

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
barralad
February 9, 2012, 10:36am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Ipswich away cup 5th round 1983. My mates dad got a bus up from New Waltham. Somewhere the other side of Boston a stone smashed one of the two big windows at the front of the bus. Fortunately it wasn't the one directly in front of the driver so he said he'd continue. I was sat on the side of the bus with no window and it was absolutely freezing. Everyone was sat with their heads below seat level.
Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, on the outskirts of Ipswich the driver, who, to be fair must have been only half alive with a 60 mile wind rushing past him for the previous 80 miles, misjudged some traffic lights and smashed into a woman driver stopped at said lights. She went into hysterics and the Police were called along with an ambulance. Needless to say we couldn't go anywhere until early police enquiries had taken place and the game had already kicked off when we were allowed on our way. We rushed to the ground screeched to a halt in the car park and headed for the only open gate. The stewards ushered us in...up the stairs chanting for Town only to be met by the Ipswich neanderthals in their end. Fortunately we were spared a kicking by prompt Police action. Town lost. Pretty good day all round...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
cmackenzie4
February 9, 2012, 12:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

Weird feeling.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
1mickylyons
February 9, 2012, 12:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,393
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from barralad
Ipswich away cup 5th round 1983. My mates dad got a bus up from New Waltham. Somewhere the other side of Boston a stone smashed one of the two big windows at the front of the bus. Fortunately it wasn't the one directly in front of the driver so he said he'd continue. I was sat on the side of the bus with no window and it was absolutely freezing. Everyone was sat with their heads below seat level.
Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, on the outskirts of Ipswich the driver, who, to be fair must have been only half alive with a 60 mile wind rushing past him for the previous 80 miles, misjudged some traffic lights and smashed into a woman driver stopped at said lights. She went into hysterics and the Police were called along with an ambulance. Needless to say we couldn't go anywhere until early police enquiries had taken place and the game had already kicked off when we were allowed on our way. We rushed to the ground screeched to a halt in the car park and headed for the only open gate. The stewards ushered us in...up the stairs chanting for Town only to be met by the Ipswich neanderthals in their end. Fortunately we were spared a kicking by prompt Police action. Town lost. Pretty good day all round...

How unlucky was that and did they both tell you to foook off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
bladerunnner
February 9, 2012, 12:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
seeing steve pearces new sierra cosworth getting stolen in birmingham because he wouldn't pay the £1 protection money to the local urchins running the scam

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
hertfordshire mariner
February 9, 2012, 12:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
that was bizarre!

haha i remember that

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
psgmariner
February 9, 2012, 1:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
"He's going up, he's going up you're not..."

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
Rodley Mariner
February 9, 2012, 1:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Can remember going to Carlisle in Buckley MK1's first season. We somehow ended up in the home end (I think as a bit of a con to save a few quid), told a steward and were escorted round the side of the pitch towards the Town fans who were down one side. As we were walking round the pitch, Town scored 18 seconds in and we got to celebrate by the side of the pitch with the players - pretty exciting for a 10 year old.

We lost 2-1.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 9, 2012, 1:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
that story was going so well rodley

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
PrestwichMariner
February 9, 2012, 1:37pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +282
Gold Stars: 5
The two Wembley trips in a couple of months - I wasin a different part of the ground each time but both times bumped into the same old school friend at the tube station after the game. That was some coincidence amongst all those town fans.

Wearing badges is not enough in days like these!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
PessimisticMariner
February 9, 2012, 3:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
not strange but fantasic for an 11 year old, seeing Stacy Coldicott break the net at Sincil Bank, what a strike!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
danny pacquiao
February 9, 2012, 3:19pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / 0
I've been to Pride Park twice once on boxing day i think, got free tickets in some posh area where agents and players were sat, celebrated every town goal (think oster got 2), only till the last minute one did a few derby fans try and get to us. The second time was in the league cup under slade, once again sat in the home end, a mate was a derby fan, didn't celebrate this time, remember some derby fans talking about how crap they were and i was just nodding along, ha. Anyway, we won both games (3-1 and 1-0), if we do play derby away again i would be tempted to sit in the home end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Strangest thing to happen to you at a match?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.