Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Strangest thing to happen to you at a match?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 43 Guests

Strangest thing to happen to you at a match?

This thread currently has 3,491 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
battered haddock
February 8, 2012, 5:49pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
a couple of stories!

got kicked out of hillsbrough TWICE when town lost 7-1! first cos i told a steward to fu ck off after he barged into a load of us (or was it cos i was pished!) and then he spotted me again!

bit the same as nelly! Met kieran dyer after he broke his leg at bristol rovers while at west ham. the bloke was gutted but still had the time to speak to me and my mate

oh the fun we had seasons in the sun......i took my lad to see the wendys ....sat in the sand bought him a meat pie.he took the top of the pis to pore in his ketchup and....... POW a fookin pile of confetti landed perfect in the pie  before the ketchup.....spot on as they say haha but as he turned to me a ball from the warm up smashed into a upright in the t stand and hit him clean in the face ..............hahaha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Fishymo
February 8, 2012, 6:28pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +3
Me and a 'mate' left the ground at Wolves- it was back when i was in my twenties, and Wolves were close to the playoffs...Osters goal drew the game and they needed a win. Anyway, coming out the ground some one came out the shadows and headbutted me. Totally didn't see it coming. Teeth everywhere and blood streaming down my face. I found out later on that my frikkin mate left me for dead to 'get a burger'. illegitimate.

Its amazing how fast the crowds part when they see someone pouring with blood stumbling towards them. No one offers any help... you are on your own.

Anyway, i got criminal compensation for my teeth to the tune of £1k...and genuinely hoped that it would happen again at least once a season. Id happily swap 3 half teeth for a grand.

Anyone want some teeth?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
MyDogsThoughts
February 8, 2012, 6:37pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Half time at our first Wembley game: my dad reached into his coat pocket and brought out two large pork pies, he then says who wants some and pulls out a huge carving knife to cut the pies with. Everyone in our group just stared wide eyed as he proceeded to divvy up the said pies.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
siy2k5
February 8, 2012, 8:44pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Kris2
I can't remember who we were playing i think Bolton and i wasn't even going to the match that day i had to do a few things in town and on the way back went in Ramsdens anyways i was walking home past the Imp and a few scruffy looking chavs were around the phoneboxes one of them asks me for 20p and i said i don't have any money on me and i go to walk away and one of his mates punches me in the face and boots me a few times before they run off. I lost a tooth and suffered a hairline fracture in the jaw i'm in pain and blood is pouring all over the place and since there is a match on my friend suggests we go there and find the Police.

Anyways the stewards outside see me and take me to the ambulance crew inside to get looked at but apparently they had already had to go to the hospital for something else so i had to wait for another Ambulance and i ended up sitting there watching the second half of the match. Most uncomfortable time watching a match i ever had. Anyways got to hospital and the police talked to me but i never remembered the faces of the people who did it since i barely saw them and all scuffy chavs look the same. But yeah weird matchday for me and just shows that 20p is worth so much to some people that they'll knock a tooth out over it lol

The lengths people will go to to get in free

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
monkeyboy
February 8, 2012, 8:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
i lived in halifax for a while, i remember town visiting during the promotion season in buckly era 1. went to the game straight after doing overtime on the sat mornin. town pretty much took over the shay so couldnt get in with the town fans, so opted for hx end.
got a few funn looks when i got to the turnstile but thought nothing of it. only when i was jumping up n down screamin when big keith scored did i realise i was wearing a burnley training top which i used for work. obviously the locals where not best pleased and thankfully the kind stewards ejected me from the ground before a good kicking was dished out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
siy2k5
February 8, 2012, 8:57pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from monkeyboy
i lived in halifax for a while, i remember town visiting during the promotion season in buckly era 1. went to the game straight after doing overtime on the sat mornin. town pretty much took over the shay so couldnt get in with the town fans, so opted for hx end.
got a few funn looks when i got to the turnstile but thought nothing of it. only when i was jumping up n down screamin when big keith scored did i realise i was wearing a burnley training top which i used for work. obviously the locals where not best pleased and thankfully the kind stewards ejected me from the ground before a good kicking was dished out.

Schoolboy error

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
mrsd
February 8, 2012, 10:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Fire under the mainstand where we were standing, stewards went under stand with buckets of water to put it out. This was before the Bradford fire or I think I may have been less blase about it!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 8, 2012, 11:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
In another instance I remember someone in the Ponny throw a bog roll on the pitch and it hit the referee in the back of the neck. He went down and had to get treatment from our physio.  

I remember that,  I think it was  a till roll thats why he went down in installments

PMSL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
I believe in Cod
February 8, 2012, 11:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
In all honesty, anybody who was at Burton away, will never see events unfold like that again! Mad day

for me, the Burnley game 6-5! My uncle and cousin are from Burnley, originally, they live here, the previous fixture they had come to sit with me in the town end, so I decided to sit with them in the Burnely end this particular evening, as I was only youngish at the time. It was close to Halloween as I remember and Mighty Mariner was coming round handing out scary sweets to kids, when he spotted my uncle, who he knew and shouted his name out at the top of his voice, and waved and literally every Burnley fan looked at us like excrement haha pretty funny in the end though when that 6th goal went in.

Another one was at Turf Moor, my dad came to this one, and again we sat behind the goal with my uncle among the Burnley fans, at half time (think we were winning 1-0) we went for a drink and got talking to some Burnley fans who were pretty upset at their teams performance "we're excrement arent we, bloody Burnley" etc etc we just agreed, under a rye smile haha

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 8, 2012, 11:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Fishymo
Me and a 'mate' left the ground at Wolves- it was back when i was in my twenties, and Wolves were close to the playoffs...Osters goal drew the game and they needed a win. Anyway, coming out the ground some one came out the shadows and headbutted me. Totally didn't see it coming. Teeth everywhere and blood streaming down my face. I found out later on that my frikkin mate left me for dead to 'get a burger'. illegitimate.

Its amazing how fast the crowds part when they see someone pouring with blood stumbling towards them. No one offers any help... you are on your own.

Anyway, i got criminal compensation for my teeth to the tune of £1k...and genuinely hoped that it would happen again at least once a season. Id happily swap 3 half teeth for a grand.

Anyone want some teeth?

More than their fair share of nutters at that place jumping people unprovoked. Always happy when I see them lose.

Remember that game. On the way we got stuck in traffic so my mate rang up to ask if they would delay the kickoff.

The Enoch (or was it Eli) at Molyneaux said "hang on minute moite" then came back and said "how many of yows is there?"
"Two carloads" said my mate (lying - there was only 5 of us in one car).
"Oh. Sorry loike. We thought there'd be a couple of coaches. If there'd been more of yows we would of done".

The moral of the story is, if you're going to lie, make sure it's a whopper.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Strangest thing to happen to you at a match?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.