Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners fans in London
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Mariners fans in London

This thread currently has 32,186 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
gary_elton
January 13, 2012, 8:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Woking for the H & Y match.... 8 minutes by train from my place....  hic

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 201
forza ivano
January 13, 2012, 9:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,179
Gold Stars: 265
are any london mariners going by train to tamworth? maybe they could post details on here and could meet up at the bar in euston ?

incidentally is wetherspoons the best bet for pre match pint/meeting point in tamworth?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 201
gary_elton
January 13, 2012, 9:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
pm is the best way to let people know where townies meet up... Staffordshire old bill will be
there in force.... havin sed that... if town carry on the way the're playin at the moment every single
pub in Tamworth will be full of townies  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 201
the brownnut
January 13, 2012, 9:40am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Hey

Another lone mariner living in north london (manor house area), would be great to get a pre match atmosphere on the train, however i'm a bit skint atm from both lincoln games and cambridge.

WORTH EVERY PENNY THOUGH!!

UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 201
Southwark Mariner
January 13, 2012, 9:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
nothing wrong with the london wall area either

just wish i still managed a boozer in "the city". could of been a great meeting point for all exiled working in the smoke

Which boozer did you manage? Interested if it's still there as it's likely I've drank there

Tend to head over to the Shooting Star just off Bishopsgate for beer after work. Not the best of pubs but convenient. Some proper pubs around though: Old Street:The Old Fountain, Farringdon: The Jerusalem Tavern (St. Peters beer!) are a couple of my favourites.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 201
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 13, 2012, 10:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,836
Gold Stars: 178
managed 3 or 4. worked for a company called davys (old school type wine bars) and managed a couple of new style wine bars.

davys creed lane (next to st pauls)
davys bangers (wilson st)
heel tap and bumper (worship st)
davys pulpit (worship st now closed down)

and i had a place in exchange square (above liverpool st station near corney and barrow)

used to drink in the globe and the flying horse around moorgate, and a few others more towards old st.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 201
Southwark Mariner
January 13, 2012, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
ah yes...davys I enjoy. Wood chippings on the floor, beer in pewter tankards. I do suspect their Old Wallop is a shepherd neame beer rebranded though

Davy's bangers is one I go to now and then. The one I really like is the mughouse just underneath London Bridge on the south bank.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 201
Dan
January 13, 2012, 10:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from forza ivano
are any london mariners going by train to tamworth? maybe they could post details on here and could meet up at the bar in euston ?

incidentally is wetherspoons the best bet for pre match pint/meeting point in tamworth?

I went up for the game last year, will probably go again as it falls the right side of payday.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 201
Dan
January 13, 2012, 10:54am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Which boozer did you manage? Interested if it's still there as it's likely I've drank there

Tend to head over to the Shooting Star just off Bishopsgate for beer after work. Not the best of pubs but convenient. Some proper pubs around though: Old Street:The Old Fountain, Farringdon: The Jerusalem Tavern (St. Peters beer!) are a couple of my favourites.

Besty Trotwood in Farringdon was always a choice watering hole when I worked round there I'm currently undertaking an attempt to drink in every Sam Smiths in London in January. Got about 15 left to go

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 201
Southwark Mariner
January 13, 2012, 11:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Dan

Besty Trotwood in Farringdon was always a choice watering hole when I worked round there I'm currently undertaking an attempt to drink in every Sam Smiths in London in January. Got about 15 left to go

ah yes....I once tried to organise my own Jack the ripper tour (used to work round the corner from the first murder) but it ended up just being a sam smiths pub crawl in the end.

Think my favourite sam smiths is the Angel at rotherhithe. Not overly crowded and a decent walk along the thames. Although if you get the tube across to Wapping you've got a small crawl on with the Town of Ramsgate, Captain Kidd (sam smiths), Prosepect of Whitby and then up to the Grapes at Limehouse.

Best ever comment from some stupid barmaid was when I asked for a pint of Taddys and she said "We don't serve Tetleys"

But I digress from the football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 201
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners fans in London

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.