Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners fans in London
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Mariners fans in London

This thread currently has 32,182 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TWAreaTownSupporter
January 11, 2012, 10:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from forza ivano

and you can now get a train direct from hemel/watford to white city and imperial wharf - excellent news for when we next play qpr and chelski

And HS2 will get you directly to Brum to see us play the Blouse - should be ready by the time we get back up to the second tier.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 201
TownLad87
January 12, 2012, 3:35am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -13
Approval: +0
Moving to Northampton on Tuesday for abit, so if any London based town fans who have a spare space to a home game and don't mind picking up en route to Grimsby on the M1 that would be spot on, obvs I'd contribute for petrol.
Probs nearer march/April il be hoping to get to a home game.
So if you need a space filled just message me on here. Thanks.

GT GTF GTFC OK!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 201
LondonGTFC
January 12, 2012, 6:46am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Remember being there for that groves goal against Fulham
Last game of the season to stay up. Pitch invasion from the pontoon end good times.

Ok well thanks to everyone for the input I'll keep an eye out on here regarding people travelling. How far ahead to people tend to plan so I know when to look out for what game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 201
forza ivano
January 12, 2012, 10:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Welwynmariner

That......could be quite a long time (thinks back to Groves scoring in the 1-0 win at Loftus Road)

Crossrail will get us to Ipswich??

will get me to
1) oxford & mk tosserrs - being optimistic
2) cambridge - being realistic
3) bedford - being pesimistic
4) bicester town - being suicidal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 201
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 12, 2012, 10:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
on that note the west coast link will get me to :

1) bristol rovers & torquay - being optomistic
2) forest green & plymouth - being realistic
3) worcester - being pessimistic
4) wales - being suicidal

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 201
tanga_the_indestructible
January 12, 2012, 11:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Welwynmariner

eh?? when was the last time you tried that journey? It's exactly 30 minutes from West Hampstead Thameslink to Luton these days. It'll take you that to get from West Hampstead to St Pancras on the Jubilee/Circle line.

I use it regularly (live in Bedford, commute often into LDN). Must admit my only experience of stopping at WH is late on a Friday when all the fast trains home have gone. That one is a mare (stops at Cricklewood, Mill Hill etc). Didn't realise there was a fast one running from there.

Still quicker from St Pancras tho.

BTW, the Thameslink direct through London (in regards to getting to Woking) does not run at the weekend, it stops at St Pancras and you have to change. I often have to get flights from Gatwick on Saturdays and Sundays and it's a right pain. Gah, can't believe I'm posting about bloody trains. This is what 30 years in LDN does to you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 201
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 12, 2012, 11:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
used to use it all the time. worked just off moorgate (finsbury circus) so could get the train straight thru from west hampsted where i lived to there, without having to bother with the northern line

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 201
Fishymo
January 12, 2012, 11:33am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from LondonGTFC
Lived in London for a while now but all this talk is confusing the hell out of me but glad to have learnt about the H&y situation. I will hopefully try and tag along with someone to the games I think. West hampstead is just down the road so ideal!

I too am a lone GTFC supporter trapped in London. The Cambridge game i took my missus, but she just complains about queues and feeling cold.
Id be up for meeting up for the London area games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 201
Welwynmariner
January 12, 2012, 12:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
used to use it all the time. worked just off moorgate (finsbury circus) so could get the train straight thru from west hampsted where i lived to there, without having to bother with the northern line

My first real job was in Finsbury Circus   and I lived in West Hampstead up by the Black Lion. Loved that bakers near the green
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 201
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 12, 2012, 12:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
lol wow. where in finsbury circus? i used to go to bar med on a friday night (if i finished early enough)
and lived down west end lane, near a pub opposite a pizza place! name pass me! but it was near both tube and train and the o2 shopping centre

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 201
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners fans in London

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.