Well it looks like its going to be very busy when we play hornchurch  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 106
KelB
January 5, 2012, 8:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Ah I wasn't aware that the youth set up did that in all honesty - been more years than I care to remember since I've been in the Main Stand! I would gladly purchase drinks/sweets from there if there was access from the Ponny. I have bought a flask today anyway for the next home game as I am not giving the vans another penny of my hard earned cash until there are huge improvements in hygiene, service and quality
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 106
Green27
January 5, 2012, 8:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Anyone who's ever been to a youth game at Cheapside will know the club can do decent food. £1.50 for a very nice sausage bun and 50p for a tea. All perfect! Then again the one woman who does it would have her work cut out for her.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 106
pleasegoup
January 6, 2012, 1:42am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
i really dont mind the burgers. they arent burger king or resteraunt or anything, but they are no different to what you would get in a greasy spoon. (the one i had on NYD was gorgeous, but then thats cos i was busy dying of hungoverness and hadnt eaten all day)

the only horrific one ive had was in the upper findus, (normally ponny) where they just keep the burgers warm in water, which was just horrendous.

the retarded thing at the NYD game, was they somehow manager to run out of burger buns, but still had burgers, so they ended up putting them in hot dog buns. how on earth can you run out of buns before you run out of burgers?

i understand how they didnt put extra staff on tho, i mean hiring maybe 4 people for 3 hours work would be crazy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 106
pleasegoup
January 6, 2012, 1:48am
Beer Drinker
having said that, the girl with long nails in the ponny van really puts me off the food. i can just imagine her nails diggging into the raw burgers and contaminating everything else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 106
pleasegoup
January 6, 2012, 1:56am
Beer Drinker
problem is tho, if you want decent stuff it would cost a fortune to put a decent kitchen in all 3 home stands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 106
mariner83
January 6, 2012, 7:16am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from cleemaddog

Yes I'm affraid so.

Quoted from KelB
Ah I wasn't aware that the youth set up did that in all honesty - been more years than I care to remember since I've been in the Main Stand! I would gladly purchase drinks/sweets from there if there was access from the Ponny. I have bought a flask today anyway for the next home game as I am not giving the vans another penny of my hard earned cash until there are huge improvements in hygiene, service and quality

This - I've not bought any food/drink at BP for years now but I would gladly buy something if it was supporting the YDA.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 106 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Catering Vans on Sunday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.