12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
blasty
January 3, 2012, 11:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Quoted from Brazilnut
yeah ...they all came into then bar ....which is a no Jeans bar wearing jeans (not even good jeans ) ....fans in there pay an extra £150 a season to be told not to wear Jeans ........now if the trust cant cant respect the club rules of no jeans in that bar .....and they cant respect the fans choice to be in a no jeans enviorment .....well what rules will they follow and who/what will they respect

You pay £150 to be told not to wear Jeans?

How much will you pay to be told to wear a smashing pair of khaki chinos?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 117
Brazilnut
January 3, 2012, 11:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from bax
A no jeans bar at the club? So the club will turn down money if someone is wearing a pair of jeans? Dear oh dear. I hope the Trust immediately changes such a silly rule.

rules are rules .....and if you pay to join a bar with them rules you abide by them........and if you are aware of the rules and are pklanning on going in that bar ....then just wear trousers ............the smaller jestures are some times the most effective

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 117
Dan
January 3, 2012, 11:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
[youtube]L_ptSnOj1eU[/youtube]

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 117
bax
January 3, 2012, 11:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
The club shouldn't have elitist rules like that. It's not Bullingdon! The trust epitomises the need to pull together. Segregating people because of the fabric of their trousers is not what GTFC should be about in 2012.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 117
ticker_1610
January 3, 2012, 11:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
What a tool, thinks he's in the officers mess, oh hang on you can wear decent Ralph Lauren jeans in those messes on designated dates n functions. Inverted snobbery from someone probably with a comprehensive education n fancies they have made it in life. Now I've met all sorts wealthy, rich, landed gentry n aristocracy and they've worn jeans n never looked down on others making a mistake when they wernt made aware of existing rules! Oh and by the way some of the suits n trousers worn by those in the boxes are a laugh, probably last worn in court. Bad suit or Ill fitting casual clothes are a bigger disgrace than wearing jeans!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 117
Brazilnut
January 3, 2012, 11:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from bax
The club shouldn't have elitist rules like that. It's not Bullingdon! The trust epitomises the need to pull together. Segregating people because of the fabric of their trousers is not what GTFC should be about in 2012.

no if you pay to join you follow dress codes ......there are planty of bars where yuo can wear what you want

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 117
marinerjase
January 3, 2012, 11:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,711
Gold Stars: 156
Prawn sandwich anyone?

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 117
Brazilnut
January 3, 2012, 11:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
What a tool, thinks he's in the officers mess, oh hang on you can wear decent Ralph Lauren jeans in those messes on designated dates n functions. Inverted snobbery from someone probably with a comprehensive education n fancies they have made it in life. Now I've met all sorts wealthy, rich, landed gentry n aristocracy and they've worn jeans n never looked down on others making a mistake when they wernt made aware of existing rules! Oh and by the way some of the suits n trousers worn by those in the boxes are a laugh, probably last worn in court. Bad suit or Ill fitting casual clothes are a bigger disgrace than wearing jeans!  

dont need to be called a tool.........cant remember calling anyone ........and dont think i am elisist or made it ....far from it actually ....but if the dress code is no jeans ...then no jeans it should be  end off.....and if the trust are representing the club and fans ....then they should be aware of the clubs own rules .....and yes some of the suits are worse....dont have a problem with them as they are within the dress code.......never said i look down and people making mistakes......i said if they represent the club.....follow the clubs own rules

<*(((><

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 117
bax
January 3, 2012, 11:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Brazilnut

no if you pay to join you follow dress codes ......there are planty of bars where yuo can wear what you want

That makes it worse! Just because you have £150 more than another fan shouldn't give you the right to be 'better' than another supporter. I'm in favour of ways the club makes more money but not ways which segregate fans.

What next 'you can't come in because you're black/white /have a funny beard'?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 117
bax
January 3, 2012, 11:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
And I'm not having a go at you personally Brazil. The club's to blame.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The trust and new members

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.