12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
January 3, 2012, 9:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,209
Gold Stars: 33
Q 1 - Is there a business plan in place, or in the process of being formatted, as to how the Trust will act in regard to holding Parker's ex- shares?

Q 2 - Is there a target area for the Trust - ie help to fund the youth scheme?

Q 3 - Have the current Trust board had meetings, that are fomally minuted for all paid up members, to know what is currently an active programme for potential fund raising?

Q 4 - Has the present GTFC board asked what intentions the Trust have with their shareholding?

I'd certainly like to know plain answers before committing myself in money or time !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 117
Devonmatt
January 3, 2012, 9:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
[quote=1600]
Please spare me the patronizing lecture, it's bad enough your chairman has already said it's impossible to have a sensible conversation on the messageboards !?  

Oh, the comic irony of it............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 117
barralad
January 3, 2012, 10:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

Please spare me the patronizing lecture, it's bad enough your chairman has already said it's impossible to have a sensible conversation on the messageboards !?  

Good for you, not everyone can !
Didn't you say you'd get back to me about people who can't attend in person can help ?
You still won't answer what other "activities" people can do remotely - so I'll presume there aren't any.
Hey no problem, I just wanted an answer cos I wanted to help.

Not by me you weren't !

There's nothing "totally unrealistic" about wanting to know what's going on in practical terms.
How difficult is it to say "nothing's going on right now regarding x, y and z right but we're planning to do something.... " ?
The fact you've revealed what's else is going on further down the thread proves my point ?

Credit to you that you do(unlike the trust itself).

Yet when it comes to using the messageboards to explain all these things to a wide audience to build trust, boost membership and help raise numbers of vounteers on matchdays to help, the trust just won't do it !

Oh the irony...  

You should have made this much clearer before IMO - nowhere on your site have I seen you mention what help you need, what it's for etc.

I haven't seen you directly ask for specific help on here for the home game either - the only person I've seen is barralad asking for help at Sincil Bank and getting it (and think even that came about by chance on a random thread !)

So maybe that's part the reason why you're lacking numbers - lack of communication & poor advertising ?

As as organisation, you're still stuck on the wishy washy "make a real difference" level IMO.
Or is it a case of recruiting members into the inner circle first before they're "briefed up" and then "sent out into the field" ?

Please get it through your heads - people aren't gonna flock to join up in huge numbers to help with something they don't even know what the hell it's really for (we dont need a bunch of waffle) or what you're going to do !
All the more reason you should be open, talk through all the ideas first to engage interest and attract support.

Hallelujah !
Any ideas when fans/members might be told about these ideas and when they may be impemented ? (presuming if all goes well)
Actually don't answer that - just remember it's better to stick it up on the website, on here and keep people in the loop by letting EVEYONE know, that's my point...

That's because you're lacking in numbers - see above.

What can I do ?  
I've said 10+ times that due to personal cicumstances (of who I get a lift with on matchdays) it's impossible !
How much times are MT gonna keep repeating the same tired old rhetoric whenever they come under fire ?  

You know full well I PM'd you to give you a list of suggestions too ! (didn't you thank me ?)

Chris, isn't it just the same old story - say little of substance but end up pointing the finger back ?

Well I'm afraid it's partly the trusts own fault - you're jumped in head first without thinking it through, now you're suffering the difficulty of trying to get people on board without presenting any clear goal, direction (which is your own fault by choosing to do all your planning in small numbers behind closed doors) or tangible message/goal that entices lots of other people to join up and be active.

I appreciate you need numbers to ultimately "make things happen" but you've gone for a "try to sign up eveyone first then let them know later" approach.

By the way, I think you and the trust are worrying far too much about "saying the wrong thing".

I wish the trust every inch of luck and really hope you'll pull through but fear the trusts strategy and priorities are completely wrong.

Well I've just read that in it's entirety. In the first couple of paragraphs you ask to be spared the patronising lecture then proceed to patronise the members of the Trust board.

I gave you some time back now an example of how someone could get involved without actually attending meetings (PSG). Just in case you missed it PSG got an idea, got it started and kept the Trust board informed as and when he required assistance. At no time did he stamp his feet and say "I've got a great idea but the Trust won't take any notice of it..." You remind me of the people at work who say "Are the Sports and Social Club organising a trip to...x whilst sat doing nothing to make it happen themselves". What we need is for people to take on board the organisation with the Trust board there to offer help and assistance wherever necessary.

It's rare but you've actually struck a raw nerve with your "jumped in head first without thinking it through" nonsense. The situation immediately prior to the seeting up of the "reborn" Trust is very well documented. To all intents and purposes GTST had ceased to exist and the first task of the new board was to deal with the donation of shares and the opportunities that opens up to the general fan base of GTFC. There was no other option than to proceed in the way we initially did in my personal view.

I'd like to think that deep down you really do want to help. I'd ask you to consider whether your continual berating of those who are actually trying to make things happen is actually in any way helpful.
This whole post strikes me as yet another 80's Glory ego massage and I could almost kick myself for descending to your level to answer it but there we are...
Oh and spare me yet another witheringly obtuse reply unless of course it contains details of how you actually propose to support the Trust in it's current job.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 117
BlackBoots
January 3, 2012, 10:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
I seem to recall many months ago someone (I cant remember who?) claimed they were a physciatric (spl) nurse and posted about 80's exhibiting all the traits of someone suffering quite badly.

I think he is getting worse!

Now I dont spend every waking moment on this site but i am sure I have read that the Trusts aims and ambitions are decided by their members, and the job of the Trust board is to to carry out the wishes of the members?

I would therefore ask how on earth can 'Chris' or any other board member tell everyone what is going on when they havent, as far as i am aware, been instructed where to direct their efforts?

I know they have made a sizeable donation to the Parents Partneship through their match sponsorship and also through their spend and raise scheme thingy. A good creditable start in my view especially seeing they have been in situ for less than 2 months.

They have said they are looking into a designated bar at the ground, and are meeting with the club this week. They will hopefully be able to let us know the situation with the catering after this meeting?

Perhaps they can get some additional fund raising going, maybe assist the travel club or even arrange some social functions for members/supporters where they can mix and get suggestions.

I for one hope to have an update soon but I wont spend every day slagging off those who are at least trying to improve the situation for ALL fans.

Good luck to you all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 117
LongEatonMariner
January 3, 2012, 10:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Nice response! I'll be looking on website to join myself. If anyone is collecting stats i'm an exile of sorts, tho if I never lived in Grimsby does that count? Or would VOR not allow me to join ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 117
Brazilnut
January 3, 2012, 10:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
the trust ....... they truely p1ssed me off on Sunday

if they was about the club and the fans then they should respect the club and the fans

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 117
Chris
January 3, 2012, 10:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Brazilnut
the trust ....... they truely p1ssed me off on Sunday

if they was about the club and the fans then they should respect the club and the fans

Could you perhaps elaborate a little?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 117
Dan
January 3, 2012, 10:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from BlackBoots
I seem to recall many months ago someone (I cant remember who?) claimed they were a physciatric (spl) nurse and posted about 80's exhibiting all the traits of someone suffering quite badly.

I genuinely don't think you need qualifications to see this.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 117
Brazilnut
January 3, 2012, 10:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
yeah ...they all came into then bar ....which is a no Jeans bar wearing jeans (not even good jeans ) ....fans in there pay an extra £150 a season to be told not to wear Jeans ........now if the trust cant cant respect the club rules of no jeans in that bar .....and they cant respect the fans choice to be in a no jeans enviorment .....well what rules will they follow and who/what will they respect

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 117
bax
January 3, 2012, 11:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,647
A no jeans bar at the club? So the club will turn down money if someone is wearing a pair of jeans? Dear oh dear. I hope the Trust immediately changes such a silly rule.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The trust and new members

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.