LongEatonMariner
January 4, 2012, 6:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from voice of reason

What are you on about...??? I think you may have taken something out of context to make that comment...

As indicated by my winking emoticon, it was an attempt to lighten the mood on this thread by jokingly implying that as you'd raised the concern of exiles being more interested than locals, there should be some quota of sorts....a joke with no malice and now it is explained, not even funny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 117
tonyfordsmicrofro
January 4, 2012, 9:22pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
After reading this thread and countless others on here about the trust and after recently becoming a member of the trust I'd like to raise some points/questions that may (or may not) benefit the trust if I may. Before I go on I'd like to stress that my points are intended to be just ideas and in no way meant as having a go at anyone involved with the trust or anybody involved with this site, particularly the people that maintain it.

First off. I'll start with The Fishy, particularly this page http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl (the Fishy Interactive home page, if you can't/can't be cheeked to open the link). Would it not be a good idea to get rid of the old GTST logo and put the new logo on the link to the supporters trust? Also, how about bumping it up the page so it's above the Classic Thread link or even the non footy link? This may not be a popular idea I know but just a thought. Make a sticky to all things Mariners Trust Maybe?

Am I right in saying that The GTST threads can only be posted on/amended by mods? If yes then why can't the GTST board (or MT board as it should be renamed) be used by the board members of The Mariners Trust if permission is given by the mods of this site? I've just had a look at the GTST link on here for the first time in a while and the last post was just before Xmas. I'm sure that the trust's board could set up an account on here, all use the same log in and post as Mariners Trust on the GTST board?

A lot has been said on this thread and others about certain people becoming 'too involved', for want of a better phrase on this board, (Fishy Talk) about what goes on within The Trust, I think that using the existing GTST board on The Fishy solely for the use of Trust board Members could be a solution, or at least help with answering some of the questions that are raised on threads on the 'Fishy Talk' board without "distraction". The GTST, should be locked and only board members of The Trust and mods of this site can post on it.................. Again just an idea.

I apologise for posting my ideas here on The Fishy (if this post has no interest to you that is), I know I should be contacting the trust directly and I apologise if any of this has been mentioned before. The reason why I posted on here is because I'd appreciate to hear what others thought about my ideas, particularly the mods of this site and whoever looks after the trusts site. At the end of the day (please excuse the cliché) I'm pretty sure that more Town fans use this site than any other GTFC related site..................... Again I could be wrong but I know I do!

Second off, I'll raise questions about the Trust when they are asking me to re-new my membership in a years time  

One last thing, who is the best person on the trust board to contact about ideas for all things www. ? Is it Wrawbz?

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 117
forza ivano
January 5, 2012, 11:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,303
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
After reading this thread and countless others on here about the trust and after recently becoming a member of the trust I'd like to raise some points/questions that may (or may not) benefit the trust if I may. Before I go on I'd like to stress that my points are intended to be just ideas and in no way meant as having a go at anyone involved with the trust or anybody involved with this site, particularly the people that maintain it.

First off. I'll start with The Fishy, particularly this page http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl (the Fishy Interactive home page, if you can't/can't be cheeked to open the link). Would it not be a good idea to get rid of the old GTST logo and put the new logo on the link to the supporters trust? Also, how about bumping it up the page so it's above the Classic Thread link or even the non footy link? This may not be a popular idea I know but just a thought. Make a sticky to all things Mariners Trust Maybe?

Am I right in saying that The GTST threads can only be posted on/amended by mods? If yes then why can't the GTST board (or MT board as it should be renamed) be used by the board members of The Mariners Trust if permission is given by the mods of this site? I've just had a look at the GTST link on here for the first time in a while and the last post was just before Xmas. I'm sure that the trust's board could set up an account on here, all use the same log in and post as Mariners Trust on the GTST board?

A lot has been said on this thread and others about certain people becoming 'too involved', for want of a better phrase on this board, (Fishy Talk) about what goes on within The Trust, I think that using the existing GTST board on The Fishy solely for the use of Trust board Members could be a solution, or at least help with answering some of the questions that are raised on threads on the 'Fishy Talk' board without "distraction". The GTST, should be locked and only board members of The Trust and mods of this site can post on it.................. Again just an idea.

I apologise for posting my ideas here on The Fishy (if this post has no interest to you that is), I know I should be contacting the trust directly and I apologise if any of this has been mentioned before. The reason why I posted on here is because I'd appreciate to hear what others thought about my ideas, particularly the mods of this site and whoever looks after the trusts site. At the end of the day (please excuse the cliché) I'm pretty sure that more Town fans use this site than any other GTFC related site..................... Again I could be wrong but I know I do!

Second off, I'll raise questions about the Trust when they are asking me to re-new my membership in a years time  

One last thing, who is the best person on the trust board to contact about ideas for all things www. ? Is it Wrawbz?

wow, all  abit complicated for a technophobe like me, but just on the point of contact pms  either wrawbz, chris or big chris would be the first step

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 117
pier39
January 5, 2012, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: +1
are we allowed to know the membership numbers yet?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 117
Biccys
January 5, 2012, 12:15pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

Done the amendments to the "GTST" board. Good ideas. It had become outdated and was wrong. Not sure it should be limited to JUST Trust board members & Mods though. Will consult with Rob.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 104 - 117
GrimRob
January 5, 2012, 1:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,469
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Biccys

Done the amendments to the "GTST" board. Good ideas. It had become outdated and was wrong. Not sure it should be limited to JUST Trust board members & Mods though. Will consult with Rob.

Surely we want to attract new members to the trust? If it's a secret society that operates behind closed doors then people are not going to be drawn to it. Plus not every member probably has a Fishy account, and how would the Fishy know who are members?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 105 - 117
GodHelpUs
January 5, 2012, 1:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

I already have.

The slightest bit of constructive critisism and people up in arms about how the trust can't cope with the so called abuse.
I get a LOT of abuse and made up balderdash thrown at me yet I still manage to get on with it sticking to the debate.
There's an argument that says the trust should grow a pair.

Only when he's pressed by people like me supposedly trying to drag him down.

And what are fans trying to make constuctive criticisms trying to help getting ?

You can draw a clear parralel regards the team - fans pointed out the weaknesses before we got relegated and other "real fans" got abusive and protective screaming "Don't say we're failing, just shut Upppppp !!!"
Utterly pathetic !

You want failure ?
Keep supporting it then, that's what you'll get...

An interesting point.
There's always the option everyone could refrain like acting like abusive spoilt brats and stick to the real issues like grown men.

At the end of the day people can lie, bullsh1t and spin until the cows come home, it's never helped anything before and it won't again.

They're doing that already !

However you spin it, the trust aren't willing to answer questions on here when they should be.

Oh right, so now you're criticizing them are you ?
Stop being disruptive and making them exhausted and demotivated !  

Actually maybe you're right, let's question nothing, not ask ANYTHING of the trust, stop "challenging their authority" and leave them to it.
No skin off my nose, I've better things to do than banging my head against a brick wall.

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis/p20-pe07.html (link stolen from Tarka a few months ago!)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 117
Biccys
January 5, 2012, 1:06pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Maybe it was meant that it was to be used as another place the Trust can make announcements rather than a discussion board? Although we could have a sticky for announcements that's locked & BigChris (coventiently the Trust Chairman) could post any announcements by unlocking & relocking it again? Just a thought.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 107 - 117
GrimRob
January 5, 2012, 1:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,469
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Biccys
Maybe it was meant that it was to be used as another place the Trust can make announcements rather than a discussion board? Although we could have a sticky for announcements that's locked & BigChris (coventiently the Trust Chairman) could post any announcements by unlocking & relocking it again? Just a thought.

I'd favour just creating a new sticky for each announcement (I don't imagine they'd be so frequent we'd ever have more than one at a time?) then let people comment on the announcement if they want in the normal way (regardless of whether they are trust members or not).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 108 - 117
pier39
January 6, 2012, 3:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: +1
was there a meeting this week with fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The trust and new members

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.