Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,796
Gold Stars: 26
Discuss?
Logged Offline
Private Message
December 27, 2011, 6:54pm
Guest User
I'd like Rob Duffy to leave but we would be a bit short should Elding or Hearn pick up an injury / suspension.

I'm not too concerned about the centre back situation - simply getting rid of the awful Kempson has improved us and it presents a chance for Garner to roll his sleeves up and have a go as he is drinking at the last chance saloon. I like Pearson, he is a good organiser and competes well - I don't see a need to bring in another centre back.

I'd like to see a left winger brought in (Mccarthy hasn't impressed me) and I think we should focus on extending your Connor's loan deal until the end of the season. He's 18 but he is class and again competes well.

Perhaps we could do with a bit more power in the engine room in central midfield too.
Reply: 1 - 50
gaz57
December 27, 2011, 7:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 75
I'd like Rob Duffy to leave but we would be a bit short should Elding or Hearn pick up an injury / suspension.

I'm not too concerned about the centre back situation - simply getting rid of the awful Kempson has improved us and it presents a chance for Garner to roll his sleeves up and have a go as he is drinking at the last chance saloon. I like Pearson, he is a good organiser and competes well - I don't see a need to bring in another centre back.

I'd like to see a left winger brought in (Mccarthy hasn't impressed me) and I think we should focus on extending your Connor's loan deal until the end of the season. He's 18 but he is class and again competes well.

Perhaps we could do with a bit more power in the engine room in central midfield too.

It would be interesting to see what Spencer could do with a long run in the team and although a different type of player Coulson likes to play up front rather than the wing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
mariner91
December 27, 2011, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,835
Gold Stars: 264
A centre mid, possibly a left winger though I thought Artus played well there yesterday, Townsend for the season or a left back who is as good, and a quality centre back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
GrimsbyOllie
December 27, 2011, 7:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +31 / -3
What did everyone think of Lincolns Francis Laurent he could do a job on the wing for us,quick,strong and can put a decent ball in the box.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Laurent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
December 27, 2011, 7:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimsbyOllie
What did everyone think of Lincolns Francis Laurent he could do a job on the wing for us,quick,strong and can put a decent ball in the box.

But he only played for 45 minutes? Though he looked useful and we couldn't deal with him at times.
Reply: 5 - 50
GrimsbyOllie
December 27, 2011, 7:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 75

But he only played for 45 minutes? Though he looked useful and we couldn't deal with him at times.

Think it was abit longer than a half but he caused us problems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
Fishfinger
December 27, 2011, 7:19pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
I thought the number 8 for Lincoln was a classy player, I think he is called Alan Power. He'd be a great partner for Disley however doubt he would come seeing as we are rivals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
bradzmilne
December 27, 2011, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Laurent would never come becasue Lincoln see us a rivals..... Oh wait  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
GrimsbyOllie
December 27, 2011, 7:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Fishfinger
I thought the number 8 for Lincoln was a classy player, I think he is called Alan Power. He'd be a great partner for Disley however doubt he would come seeing as we are rivals.

Didn't really look a ball winner though,think it would be the same as having Disley and Artus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transfer Targets in Jan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.