Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be Careful What You Wish For!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 94 Guests

Be Careful What You Wish For!

This thread currently has 2,960 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Denby
September 20, 2011, 8:18am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from aldi_01
At the end of the day, thank you Mr Fenty for your money and basically pissing it up the wall by pouring it into the most pointless business ever, a football club (doesn't matter who, never a great business move).

fenty hasn't written any of his cash off yet, he's got shares and he's got loans (secured on the ground), he could get all his (interest-free) money back yet
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
woodi147
September 20, 2011, 8:39am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
I heard fenty was putting at least 17 grand a week to keep the club running
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
marinerjase
September 20, 2011, 8:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,679
Gold Stars: 147
I heard he brushes his teeth with Colgate

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
Keelbysaint
September 20, 2011, 9:14am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
it cant be denied that his money has kept us going. So this is an interesting time for the club, as who is going to put this in now?

Without it, it wont be long before we are in trouble. Now this doesnt mean that we should simply go on as we are forever, but it does mean were in for an unpredictable time.

Parker may put the money in, or not. But if he does, what terms are going to be attached to it, and what will be the long term impact of this. We're not talking small amounts really
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
MeanwoodMariner
September 20, 2011, 9:17am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Well well well

The Fishy and Cod Almighty moaners have got their way. Quite why some people thinks this is a good thing is beyond me. Fine, the appointments of Rodger and Woods weren't great (Newell's was a disaster with hindsight but there weren't too many complaints at the time) but JF was just one of the people who made those appointments.

I'm sick of hearing how Fenty is "a business man not a football man" and how his "decisions" have put us where we are. Who the fck is qualified on this forum to back these claims? Given the fact that the chairman is not involved in the coaching/playing side of things I'm not sure it's relevant anyway.

There are many reasons why we are in the bottom half of the conference but the idea that it's purely down to one man is just overly simplistic, childish and pig ignorant. Even if it were true I'm don't see what decisions will or won't be made all of a sudden that will cause us to win more games now.

Another tired old moan from some fans about his "poor PR" really p1ssed me off as well. Fans go to watch a football match ffs, who on earth is thinking "I would go to the game but I don't like the club's PR"? If he stayed silent then people moaned for not communicating. If he backed the team and encouraged fans to support the team then people moaned about his "spin", if he criticised the players then people moaned he was not backing the players.

The fact is the team has been doing poorly on the pitch for a long time (well before JF took over as chairman) and none of us are happy about it. It's tempting to just focus all the blame on one person - it's easier than seeing the bigger picture - but what happens when nothing improves on the pitch immediately? Who do we want out then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
dapperz fun pub
September 20, 2011, 9:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Denby

fenty hasn't written any of his cash off yet, he's got shares and he's got loans (secured on the ground), he could get all his (interest-free) money back yet

this is the worrying part
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
Super Clive
September 20, 2011, 9:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
Well well well

The Fishy and Cod Almighty moaners have got their way. Quite why some people thinks this is a good thing is beyond me. Fine, the appointments of Rodger and Woods weren't great (Newell's was a disaster with hindsight but there weren't too many complaints at the time) but JF was just one of the people who made those appointments.

I'm sick of hearing how Fenty is "a business man not a football man" and how his "decisions" have put us where we are. Who the fck is qualified on this forum to back these claims? Given the fact that the chairman is not involved in the coaching/playing side of things I'm not sure it's relevant anyway.

?

Oh i think the was complaints at the time when these appointments was made Woods and Rodger defiantly was anyway who appoints a manager who hasn't won in 20 odd games or whatever it was is a moron.

But let me guess again its the fans fault yes? total balderdash

Quoted Text
'm sick of hearing how Fenty is "a business man not a football man" and how his "decisions" have put us where we are. Who the fck is qualified on this forum to back these claims?

No I'm not qualified to make these claims but anyone with half a braincell could see where we was when Fenty took over and where we are when he went yesterday, that man is to blame 100% you can say what you like but its there for all to see.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
ROKERITE
September 20, 2011, 9:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from STB

How was the future looking bright?
Mid table at best, fans deserting the club and no real goalscorer.
We are at our lowest ebb and TBH, I doubt if we'd have been a league club in the next 10 years with JF at the helm.
Fenty has done the right thing.
Hopefully, whoever becomes chairman can run GTFC like a non-league club and cut the budget right down so we have a viable business model for long term survival.
From stability comes success.

I believe the future was bright because Mr Fenty had finally got it right regarding the managerial post(s). Hurst & Scott have succeeded at both their previous clubs and I'm sure they would succeed at Grimsby. The worry is that if the man who appointed them goes, will his successor be fully behind H&S or will he have his own man in mind for the manager's chair?
I think promotion is unlikely this season. Luton and Mansfield will almost certainly be the top two, with Fleetwood coming close. The play-offs are still a realistic possibility for Grimsby but I think it is far more probable that promotion will be achieved in 2012-13. In my opinion H&S will oversee not only a return to League football, but will have Grimsby back in League One within four years. It will be most unfortunate if Mr Fenty's departure leads to that of H&S too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
Perkins
September 20, 2011, 10:15am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Well well well

There are many reasons why we are in the bottom half of the conference but the idea that it's purely down to one man is just overly simplistic, childish and pig ignorant. Even if it were true I'm don't see what decisions will or won't be made all of a sudden that will cause us to win more games now.

Another tired old moan from some fans about his "poor PR" really p1ssed me off as well. Fans go to watch a football match ffs, who on earth is thinking "I would go to the game but I don't like the club's PR"? If he stayed silent then people moaned for not communicating. If he backed the team and encouraged fans to support the team then people moaned about his "spin", if he criticised the players then people moaned he was not backing the players.

The fact is the team has been doing poorly on the pitch for a long time (well before JF took over as chairman) and none of us are happy about it. It's tempting to just focus all the blame on one person - it's easier than seeing the bigger picture - but what happens when nothing improves on the pitch immediately? Who do we want out then?

Good Post, One of the more sensible posts on the subject.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
Garth
September 20, 2011, 10:22am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Well well well

Sums it all up for me, best post on the subject yet and according to the anti Fentys from now on its all going to be utopia
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be Careful What You Wish For!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.