Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be Careful What You Wish For!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 82 Guests

Be Careful What You Wish For!

This thread currently has 2,963 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
billo
September 20, 2011, 12:19am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +24
Over the years, I have consistently supported Fenty as, despite not being perfect like all human beings, he has beeen an avid supporter of Town and more importantly, kept putting his own money into the club.

No other chairman has done that to the same degree that Fenty has.

Parker is an unknown entity and has previously intimated the money he will put into the club will be via share purchases. So be it.

The Fenty bashers have now got what they wanted. They have also got what they didn't want. A sudden stop to Fenty's cash inflow.

We may now see the demise of GTFC in theirs and my lifetime.

Even now, some on here are celebrating which indicates they have never understood the precarious position the club has been in or why Fenty had to remain. These people will be the ones who make the loudest noise when the club go down.

God help us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
FishOutOfWater
September 20, 2011, 12:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from billo
Over the years, I have consistently supported Fenty as, despite not being perfect like all human beings, he has beeen an avid supporter of Town and more importantly, kept putting his own money into the club.

No other chairman has done that to the same degree that Fenty has.

Parker is an unknown entity and has previously intimated the money he will put into the club will be via share purchases. So be it.

The Fenty bashers have now got what they wanted. They have also got what they didn't want. A sudden stop to Fenty's cash inflow.

We may now see the demise of GTFC in theirs and my lifetime.

Even now, some on here are celebrating which indicates they have never understood the precarious position the club has been in or why Fenty had to remain. These people will be the ones who make the loudest noise when the club go down.

God help us!

Oh no....not another relegation
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 31
80sglory
September 20, 2011, 12:31am
Guest User
Quoted from billo
They have also got what they didn't want. A sudden stop to Fenty's cash inflow.

Oh for god sake !
Stop over-reacting you drama queen.

More likely, Fenty wants Parker(as majority shareholder) to put up his share of MONEY to keep the club afloat and is acting in the long-term interests of GTFC.

I suspect this whole argument that fans have "forced Fenty out" because he can't handle a few rude words is complete b0llocks !  
Reply: 2 - 31
tarka
September 20, 2011, 12:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1600

Oh for god sake !
Stop over-reacting you drama queen.

More likely, Fenty wants Parker(as majority shareholder) to put up his share of MONEY to keep the club afloat and is acting in the long-term interests of GTFC.

I suspect this whole argument that fans have "forced Fenty out" because he can't handle a few rude words is complete b0llocks !  

And you say he's over-reacting?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
80sglory
September 20, 2011, 12:39am
Guest User
Well he's saying he's pulling his money out - what evidence is there ?
Reply: 4 - 31
tarka
September 20, 2011, 12:42am
Table Wine Drinker
No he isn't! What he is saying is that he isn't going to carry on bankrolling the club....or as things stand at the moment he is hardly going to.  As I understand it we are financially safe until Dec/Jan and then there will need to be another injection of cash.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
80sglory
September 20, 2011, 12:46am
Guest User
I'm talking about billo, not Fenty !  

Thanks for making my point !  
Reply: 6 - 31
tarka
September 20, 2011, 12:49am
Table Wine Drinker
I didn't make your point at all!!  Billo said that in all likelihood John Fenty will not continue to bankroll the club!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
80sglory
September 20, 2011, 12:52am
Guest User
No he didn't !

He said "A SUDDEN stop to Fenty's cashflow."

Doesn't that imply it's kind of nowish ?

Anyway I agree with you but to over-react and imply it's the end of the club seems a little premature ?
Reply: 8 - 31
tarka
September 20, 2011, 12:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600
No he didn't !

He said "A SUDDEN stop to Fenty's cashflow."

Doesn't that imply it's kind of nowish ?

Anyway I agree with you but to over-react and imply it's the end of the club seems a little premature ?

Don't you understand? The end of the cashflow could quite likely be now! And if nobody takes up that particular baton it could signal the end!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be Careful What You Wish For!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.