5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
September 15, 2011, 3:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,702
Gold Stars: 96
Could green slot in at left mid if needed ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
Garth
September 15, 2011, 3:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Could green slot in at left mid if needed ?

My thoughts as well, Green can fill in both at left back and left midfield and seems to be one of those players that is a must  signing.
Ridley at left back and Green left midfield would be hell of a defensive choice against the likes of Luton away IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
boston fan
September 15, 2011, 4:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +20 / -2
Word of warning from a Boston point of view. Green started in much the same fashion for Boston when he came on loan last season. After the first couple of games i seem to recall his form dipped dramatically and then became average to say the least. Now i aint saying that will happen and i hope it dont. All im stating is fact about his loan period at Boston. Hold your plaudits just for a few more games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
Super Clive
September 15, 2011, 4:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Lets not confuse common knowledge with something Fenty has said they are not always the same thing, he often slates a player when they have left.

Just about to say the same, Fenty would lie to his own nanna if it meant saving face
ear, The rest of his face is buried in mud
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
boston bill
September 15, 2011, 5:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from boston fan
Word of warning from a Boston point of view. Green started in much the same fashion for Boston when he came on loan last season. After the first couple of games i seem to recall his form dipped dramatically and then became average to say the least. Now i aint saying that will happen and i hope it dont. All im stating is fact about his loan period at Boston. Hold your plaudits just for a few more games.

Totally disagree. Green's form never dipped and continued to give 100%, but the team changed playing style from pass and go to too much big boot. Don't forget he was playing left wing most of the time, and the teams insistence on booting to ball up the middle of the pitch all the time was frustrating. Green is a footballer who plays well with the ball at his feet. We should have kept him here; might have got promoted!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
upthestripes
September 15, 2011, 6:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Thanks Bostonians. Dunno which one's right but S&H will know what to expect in any case (if we end up signing him).

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
Garth
September 15, 2011, 8:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from upthestripes
Thanks Bostonians. Dunno which one's right but S&H will know what to expect in any case (if we end up signing him).

If they were there when he was on loan they knew what they were doing when he came here, perhaps they are thinking of playing him on the wing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
RoboCod
September 15, 2011, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Was hoping someone might find out the identities of the trialists, or indeed if they will be asked to come back for another viewing. I miss the Reserve games for this aspect, knowing when they would play and who might be trialling.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
boston fan
September 15, 2011, 10:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +20 / -2
Quoted from boston bill

Totally disagree. Green's form never dipped and continued to give 100%, but the team changed playing style from pass and go to too much big boot. Don't forget he was playing left wing most of the time, and the teams insistence on booting to ball up the middle of the pitch all the time was frustrating. Green is a footballer who plays well with the ball at his feet. We should have kept him here; might have got promoted!

HAHA good post greenie. If we played the hoof ball it was because when the ball was played wide he didnt do anything with it. You lot on here know how i post by now, i give a unbiased opinion on how i see things. I think someone has posted all ready that he didnt set the world alight in the BSN while on loan. Perhaps someone can repost it. Read what Wembley85 said in the post under Jamie Green signs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Friendly match v Doncaster

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.