Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 135 Guests

Friendly match v Doncaster

This thread currently has 5,318 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 13, 2011, 7:49pm
Guest User
Well you've got to say well done - people rightly wanted it and I was on the verge of calling for it too so they've got the timing spot on.

Interesting Bradbury was on the bench - is that for simply cover or because he's on the verge of the 1st team ?
Probably the former I'd say.

Why did we play a centre back ?
Good question - probably for the same reason we played all the other "trialists" I'd guess - because we didn't have enough fringe/2nd team players in those positions ?

With the youth team playing tonight I guess we couldn't dip into that team to make the numbers up.
Reply: 10 - 48
upthestripes
September 13, 2011, 7:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Because we have 4 and non of them are entirely convincing. I quite like Pearson but he is still learning as is I'anson who has even less experience. Garner is decent but criminally slow and Kempson wanders all over the place misjudging headers and mistiming tackles.

Oh ok, fair enough. I thought Kempson and Pearson were starting to look a good pairing though?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
gtfc98
September 13, 2011, 8:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from supertown

explain? i dont get the joke

He was one of the players named as being a coke head

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 48
the Grimbarian
September 14, 2011, 9:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
im getting a trialist put on a shirt so I get lucky when we sign him  

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 48
Maringer
September 14, 2011, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,659
Gold Stars: 189
Kempson is a decent centre-half at this level. I'm still not quite sure why some people seem to dislike him.

Anyway, he seems to be forming a reasonable enough partnership with Pearson though I suspect they may still struggle a bit against pacy strikers, if we were to encounter some. Let's hope that the defence can perform well again on Saturday. Three clean sheets on the bounce would be very nice!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 48
acko338
September 14, 2011, 1:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,228
Gold Stars: 33
If the budget is really tight, which position is being looked at and how could any new signing be funded?

Signing Green on an extended contract would be my priority as cover on the left side - good age, good attitude, wants to play for us, could be in the player profile that the twosome are looking to perfect to move forward this year, too good to miss out on, perhaps?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 48
Garth
September 14, 2011, 2:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Maringer
Kempson is a decent centre-half at this level. I'm still not quite sure why some people seem to dislike him.

Anyway, he seems to be forming a reasonable enough partnership with Pearson though I suspect they may still struggle a bit against pacy strikers, if we were to encounter some. Let's hope that the defence can perform well again on Saturday. Three clean sheets on the bounce would be very nice!

WHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
davmariner
September 14, 2011, 3:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
Green for first choice anyone?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
pontoonlew
September 14, 2011, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from upthestripes
Ridley got 90 mins. Hmm,Green about to depart then?
Elding had the best chance and dragged it wide. Sure I've seen that somewhere before...

But why are we looking at centre backs?

Green to depart because a player who is coming back from injury got 90 mins in what is really a Reserve game? Dont really see your logic there.

I'd hazard a guess that we were looking for centre backs because I'anson isn't really very good and we could do with one more decent back up incase worst happens and we had 2 injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 48
oldun
September 14, 2011, 3:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I'Anson will be fine if he has to play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Friendly match v Doncaster

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.