Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ever met anyone famous?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 130 Guests

Ever met anyone famous?

This thread currently has 12,204 views. Print
15 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Polish Bloke
August 28, 2011, 4:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
I haven't met any A list people but I remember Ray Clemence doing an autograph signing session at Ramsdens about 30 years ago and being a bit full of himself, oddly enough, speaking of goalies, I once spoke to Allen McKnight and he was great, really approachable and easy going. Hugh Cornwell, I met after a concert, nice guy, quirky sense of humour, Charlie Harper always has time for people, likes his pop and doesn't take himself too seriously, Cerys Matthews is quite chatty and  modest. Graham Taylor is a nice guy. Politicians aren't usually very friendly, Mitchell talks down to people and looks at you like you are a piece of S hit on his shoes, I've only ever met one rude 'celebrity', it's a so called actress and model who was in 'Byker Grove' totally full of herself, I won't name her as I don't want to give the stuck up nonenity any more publicity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
AdamHaddock
August 28, 2011, 4:53pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,845
Gold Stars: 26
I met Ed Miliband at Kings Cross about a year ago.

But no, never met anyone famous or important

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 140
Polish Bloke
August 28, 2011, 5:05pm
Beer Drinker
How could I forget? Michael Clegg of Cleggs people fame, saw him walking down Pasture Street in the early 80's, he was awesome, got talking about norris the rubberman and outdoor clothes, local issues, craske and smith, the number of train stations in Grimsby and other arcane stuff and he was a bloody natural, recognised him off the telly and he was even more avancular in real life, a lovely guy, wonder what he's doing now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 140
aaron rattray
August 28, 2011, 5:16pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
ryan sidebottom and monty panesar and the the grumbleweeds and the real chucklebrothers

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 140
MarinerMarsh
August 28, 2011, 5:20pm

Main Stand season ticket holder
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +7 / -2
ive met Gareth Barry and Andy Gray before.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 140
ponnyfan
August 28, 2011, 5:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Justin Whittle came to visit me in hospital and I had a long chat with Michael Reddy in Cleethorpes after the Wycombe game a few years ago.
I have also met Tony Knowles (wannabe playboy snooker player) and reffed a game for Joe Johnson (former world champion).

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 140
Polish Bloke
August 28, 2011, 5:28pm
Beer Drinker
I wouldn't say I've met him but Mike Hallett used to go to Heneage Road launderette and pop his white shirts in, he always left a decent tip and was completely down to earth, he used to pop into the off licence for his wine and was completely natural, I saw Dean Reynolds in the trawl one night and he looked like a bag o s hite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 140
Polish Bloke
August 28, 2011, 5:33pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from ponnyfan
Justin Whittle came to visit me in hospital and I had a long chat with Michael Reddy in Cleethorpes after the Wycombe game a few years ago.
I have also met Tony Knowles (wannabe playboy snooker player) and reffed a game for Joe Johnson (former world champion).

Justin Whittle comes across as a nice guy, Bobby Cumming liked his pop years ago and he was spot on, I have bumped into Michael Reddy a few times, nice enough guy, polite but the friendliest ex town player has to be Batchy, I remember him going for his fags before card games with Kevin Kilmore, totally genuine guy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 140
jock dock tower
August 28, 2011, 5:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Polish Bloke
I wouldn't say I've met him but Mike Hallett used to go to Heneage Road launderette and pop his white shirts in, he always left a decent tip and was completely down to earth, he used to pop into the off licence for his wine and was completely natural, I saw Dean Reynolds in the trawl one night and he looked like a bag o s hite.

so you saw his pubes then?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 140
Polish Bloke
August 28, 2011, 5:44pm
Beer Drinker
No. I am sure there must be a gay liberal Alan Birchenall/Tony Currie site for nonces like you though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 140
15 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ever met anyone famous?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.