Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ever met anyone famous?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 121 Guests

Ever met anyone famous?

This thread currently has 12,210 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
September 4, 2011, 1:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from aldi_01
I'm sure he learnt A LOT about chemicals and their effects...

Bez is mental, ive seen him a couple of times...bonkers...

ive met bez found him boring and so up his own bottom it was untrue,ive met 4 of the world cup winning team stiles,hurst,charlton jack and gordon banks all couldnt do enough for the event evening non of which wgere in gy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 140
aldi_01
September 4, 2011, 1:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I'd agree about bez to an extent, I just fun it bizarre that he his famous for being in a band but didn't actually telly do anything. Mental.

There are bands out there with arguably talented people in them but nobody knows who they are yet every knows who bez is, crazy world...

Just remembered, I met Interpol at Leeds in 2002 before they were big and they were alright.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 140
FishOutOfWater
September 4, 2011, 2:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
I've met the following "celebs"

Seve (RIP).....I sat across the aisle from him on a flight to Bilbao, the day after Europe had retained the Ryder Cup

Wierd that his picture was plastered across all the newspapers with him and the team celebrating, yet he was totally unassuming and no matter how many people asked for his autograph he obliged every single one of them

On the same trip to Spain I stayed at a hotel in San Sebastian and John Aldridge and his family arrived while I was there. He'd just been transferred from Liverpool to Real Sociedad.

It was a bit surreal because I met his mum in law in the bar first of all and she just said she was over helping out her daughter settling in because her son in law had just got moved over to Spain. No mention it was Aldo at first....seemed more like Brookside on tour!

Once we all met up again then Aldo, me and my mate all went looking to see if we could get him a deal with the local VW / Audi dealer (as at the time I worked for the group)....not sure if anything ever came of it back then. These days no doubt Prem level footballers wouldn't be interested unless you worked for Ferrari  

On my honeymoon in Florida we met Jimmy Greaves and his wife at a steak house....he was really chatty and he was well excited about the Back to the Future ride, telling me I shouldn't miss it. My wife thought I was joking when I said I could hear Greavsie talking at the next table....I couldn't see him because we were sat back to back in a booth and she told me I was just obsessing with footie! As an avid Saint & Greavsie fan though, I knew I was right!

A few others I've met include

David Essex......I always thought he was pretty cool when he was Gonna make you a star etc but face to face he was a bit standoffish.

He was doing a talent show thing in Harrogate and I got in to a lift which he was already in with some leggy blonde. He had his arm around her and in his other hand he had an electric fan (pre-air conditioning days!)

I quipped it was nice to meet David and his fan and he just gave me a really filthy look....not amused at all, so our ascent to the next level was a bit embarrassing

I met Tony Adams coming out of Disneyland Paris and he was telling his son that he was all spent up and that he couldn't afford anything else. He gave me a bit of a wry grin, knowing that I was probably gob-smacked that him on his mega thousands per week had run out of dosh!

I also met Rod Hull when checking in for a flight.....seems like there's a common theme with him as he also told a few autograph hunters to go forth. He went down in my estimation as I thought someone who could give it out on TV would be able to take it when in public. Just a jumped up TW80 imho

Also anyone remember Crossroads? Not sure of this guy's name but his character was called Kevin and he was married to a girl called Glenda. Well after he'd left the show I met him while he was working as a waiter in a hotel in Ramsgate....there he was serving me and a few workmates our full English breakfasts. He said it was quite common for out of work actors to make ends meet like that...felt a bid sad for him really as he was quite a nice bloke whose face obviously didn't seem to fit any more on the soap opera merry-go-round

Finally I have to mention a local "celeb"....Julie Peasgood. Ex Wintringham before becoming an actress and then latterly a sex expert!!! I never ever thought when I used to see her on the way to school, looking all prim and proper all those years ago that she would be telling the nation how to get the best out of doing what comes naturally  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 102 - 140
hertfordshire mariner
September 4, 2011, 3:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
it comes with the job. Have met, in no particular order

the hoff
ian brown
debbie harry
elliie goulding
ron jeremey
motor mouth jones from police acadmey
the migit from austin powers
florance and the machine
feeder
ed sheran
example
will.i.am
pendulum
chase and status
the charlatans
wigfield
timmy mallet
fearn cotton
scott mills
reggie yates
westwood
trevor nelson
sara cox
jason donavan
tinnie temper
taio cruz
chipmunk
kate nash
supergrass
the venga boys
face from the a team
kano
roll deep
les batersby from corro
most of the hollyoaks cast
half the eastenders cast
prof green
n dubz
goldie lookin chain
the noisettes

loads more but iam board of typing now.  

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 140
Lincoln Imp
September 4, 2011, 3:52pm
Guest User
holy motherfuckiin shitt!!!
Reply: 104 - 140
hertfordshire mariner
September 4, 2011, 3:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 3024
holy motherfuckiin shitt!!!

haha i could easy quadrupedal that list

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 140
ponnyfan
September 4, 2011, 4:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
I met Tony Adams coming out of Disneyland Paris and he was telling his son that he was all spent up and that he couldn't afford anything else. He gave me a bit of a wry grin, knowing that I was probably gob-smacked that him on his mega thousands per week had run out of dosh!

Probably blew his holiday spends on the 2.30 at Longchamps

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 140
tonyfordsmicrofro
September 4, 2011, 5:05pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26

haha i could easy quadrupedal that list

Can't believe you forgot/didn't mention Jim Bowen!..... Like how you put 'The Hoff' top as well!

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 140
hertfordshire mariner
September 4, 2011, 5:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

Can't believe you forgot/didn't mention Jim Bowen!..... Like how you put 'The Hoff' top as well!

haha the hoff had to be top. only MR T could knock him off top spot. i forgot about bowen and roy walker and old wangy hand beadle.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 140
hertfordshire mariner
September 4, 2011, 5:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

i missed out sree from big brother on purpose  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ever met anyone famous?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.