Financial Woes

This thread currently has 4,018 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
LukeyJ
August 27, 2011, 11:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / 0
What absolute nonsense. S + H were given a set budget. They can do anything with this. Wages, player cancellations or player signings.

We didn't get Hearn for free. A fee was payed for him. The question is, do the managers want to spend on cancellations, transfer fees or wages. They have been given a mandate they were happy with at the start. They accepted it as a good budget and wasn't concerned.

They got Tyrone in on a temporary basis, but realised when they brought him in they probably couldn't afford it in the long-term. They obviously want the money spent elsewhere and don't want it spent on a backup player when Church returns as it is clear they see Church as better in that role than Tyrone. They're simply justifying why they're going to realise him rather than people complaining saying they've realised good players for no reasons. They are simply verbalising the decisions that football managers make on a regular basis. Whether this is unprofessional or refreshing is all a matter of interpretation. I'm pleased to hear this sort of information as it is real, but it should not deflect blame onto the owners who's mandate is to set budgets and pick managers. Both jobs which have been done. What S + H do with, or get out of this budget is the context of what any Grimsby manager would have to deal with and unless people have a spare millionaire/billionaire waiting in the wings to throw money at it, this is the context of the club at present, whether we like it or not.

Fenty was at least honest explicitly stating exactly how much the budget was. Rather than saying it was big or little, he stated it exactly and held himself up to accountability which no owners really do. It was suggested this was one of the biggest in the league, which can be checked via offical club account. An owner in that position is unlikely to say something to be quickly proven wrong. If you want to validate this claim go ahead, but he did not have to state a figure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
AdamHaddock
August 27, 2011, 12:34pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
While I have faith in S&H, I'm afraid this reminds me of the scouser who brought in a swamp of forwards (all of whom cack,lazy, fat or injury prone) and didn't solve the midfield problem.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Devonmatt
August 27, 2011, 12:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from LukeyJ
What absolute nonsense. S + H were given a set budget. They can do anything with this. Wages, player cancellations or player signings.

We didn't get Hearn for free. A fee was payed for him. The question is, do the managers want to spend on cancellations, transfer fees or wages. They have been given a mandate they were happy with at the start. They accepted it as a good budget and wasn't concerned.

They got Tyrone in on a temporary basis, but realised when they brought him in they probably couldn't afford it in the long-term. They obviously want the money spent elsewhere and don't want it spent on a backup player when Church returns as it is clear they see Church as better in that role than Tyrone. They're simply justifying why they're going to realise him rather than people complaining saying they've realised good players for no reasons. They are simply verbalising the decisions that football managers make on a regular basis. Whether this is unprofessional or refreshing is all a matter of interpretation. I'm pleased to hear this sort of information as it is real, but it should not deflect blame onto the owners who's mandate is to set budgets and pick managers. Both jobs which have been done. What S + H do with, or get out of this budget is the context of what any Grimsby manager would have to deal with and unless people have a spare millionaire/billionaire waiting in the wings to throw money at it, this is the context of the club at present, whether we like it or not.

Fenty was at least honest explicitly stating exactly how much the budget was. Rather than saying it was big or little, he stated it exactly and held himself up to accountability which no owners really do. It was suggested this was one of the biggest in the league, which can be checked via offical club account. An owner in that position is unlikely to say something to be quickly proven wrong. If you want to validate this claim go ahead, but he did not have to state a figure.

WHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
upthestripes
August 27, 2011, 12:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from LukeyJ

Good post mate

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
BIGChris
August 27, 2011, 12:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Budget agreed and accepted by S&H.

Down to them how thye spend it.

IMO for far too long Fenty has thrown (his) money at the managers who have virtually drunk it up the wall. If this club is to servive in a viable state then I'd advocate a smaller budget not a larger one.  We simply cannot continue to ask Fenty, or his eventual successors, to keep bailing out the club.

Run the club properly and we may have a chance of moving forward
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
thebigeasy
August 27, 2011, 1:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text

But there in lies the problem - it isn't being run properly. It hasn't been run properly for years. It is being starved of investment, things are falling apart and the customers are walking away.
My guess is that JF is going to cut costs again and reduce the money S&H thought they had - I think it is more than a coincidence that this has happened following the drastic collapse in attendances between the first home game and Tyesday night.
A poor crown today will, I think, increase the fincanial pressure on JF even more. Again, my guess is that at 2500 for a home game won't pay the day to day bills even at this early stage in the season. Meaning someone has to make up the shortfall.
Perhaps this is what MP is waiting for!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
sonik
August 27, 2011, 1:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BIGChris
Budget agreed and accepted by S&H.

Down to them how thye spend it.

IMO for far too long Fenty has thrown (his) money at the managers who have virtually drunk it up the wall. If this club is to servive in a viable state then I'd advocate a smaller budget not a larger one.  We simply cannot continue to ask Fenty, or his eventual successors, to keep bailing out the club.

WHS!  

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Super Clive
August 27, 2011, 1:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from sonik

WHS!  

Run the club properly, Your brother hasn't run the club properly since he became chairman, One man and one man only has brought GTFC to where we are today JOHN FENTY, When he goes then the club can look to be ran 'properly' The Guy guy is clueless idiot.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
sonik
August 27, 2011, 1:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Super Clive

Run the club properly, Your brother hasn't run the club properly since he became chairman, One man and one man only has brought GTFC to where we are today JOHN FENTY, When he goes then the club can look to be ran 'properly' The Guy guy is clueless idiot.

I'll pass on your kind thoughts.

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
Super Clive
August 27, 2011, 1:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from sonik

I'll pass on your kind thoughts.

No need, he doesn't get the message, He just gives his politician Bullsh1t Spin time after time.

Enoughs enough, his reign is coming to an end, Sooner rather than later.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Financial Woes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.