6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
pseudonym
August 26, 2011, 6:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from jock dock tower
When I was growing up I'd watch Test cricket all day long with my dad, who would explain the intricacies of the game to an ever willing young lad. I loved it. I also loved Match of the Day - 2 games on a Saturday night, and no sh1tey "analysis" by men who should know better (it's not often I agree with Joey Barton, but he does have a point about Shearer)
Nowadays the cricket has been taken away from me by that tw@t Murdoch. Long for his fatal coronary, and the collapse of Sky, and the return of sports to terrestrial television. If that ever happens, it would cure all the ills in the English game in one fell swoop as the filthy lucre dries up.
Myself, I don't watch "live" football on the box, and haven't done for donkey's years....I need to be physically at a game to actually enjoy it. I can't relate at all to semi illiterate tw@ts earning £millions that have basically prostituted the beautiful game.
Gone are the days when the biggest day of the season on the box used to be the FA Cup Final, don't even bother with it now, preferring to take in a non league game somewhere. Having said all that, don't see an end to the madness that is the Premiership, but hope it implodes soon......
You've never grown up

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
oldun
August 26, 2011, 6:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Point is if you support one of the premier league clubs, Sky subscription is cheaper than ticket prices I should imagine. In the case of GTFC, if you want to see the team play you have to go to the matches, which is a different situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
ginnywings
August 26, 2011, 7:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Been doing some renovation work in Blundell Ave this week and the chap and his lad both had Liverpool shirts on and go to all Liverpool home games and a good few away too.

I said to them "you can see BP floodlights from your front window and you are going all the way to Scouseland to watch games,no wonder teams like Town are dying".

He replied,"yeah,but Town are shite".

Couldn't really argue with him and that's what teams like ours are up against.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
80sglory
August 26, 2011, 7:20pm
Guest User
Always had a soft spot for Liverpool, but they're just another football corporation now.
If he can't see that maybe he deserves to travel hundreds of miles to waste his dough.

But then again, what would we all think if some overseas interest ploughed hundreds of millions into the club ?
I can't blame genuine Liverpool fans but the guy you mention sounds like a typical glory supporter.
Reply: 53 - 56
Kris Mustampa
August 26, 2011, 7:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
I dont have a problem with sky. I watch football from parks, to travelling to BP, to a short trip to Man U or Eastlands. I go because i enjoy it.

I find it condesending to be told i shouldn't do this or shouldn't do that. I earn my money and watch what i like. My first love remains by hometown club but i do enjoy watching Rooney, Messi and Xavi. In some cases Sky helps me watch the world's greatest. I for one value that option
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
upthestripes
August 26, 2011, 7:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 1600

But then again, what would we all think if some overseas interest ploughed hundreds of millions into the club ?

I would be gone, leaving football to drown in its own greed juice while I find some other sport.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
Limerick Mariner
August 26, 2011, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,766
Gold Stars: 138
[quote=799]Been doing some renovation work in Blundell Ave this week and the chap and his lad both had Liverpool shirts on and go to all Liverpool home games and a good few away too.

I said to them "you can see BP floodlights from your front window and you are going all the way to Scouseland to watch games,no wonder teams like Town are dying".

He replied,"yeah,but Town are shite".

Couldn't really argue with him and that's what teams like ours are up against.[/quote

I expect you would find the same in Scunny and a couple years back they were far from shoite. There are thousands who travel to watch these bloated foreign franchises that blight our game and then millions that watch them on TV. Like X-factor I regard them as part of our sick society - they think they are entitled to see instant success, instant no. 1 like I must have a new pair of trainers NOW - probably made in sweat shop in the far East owned some consortium that owns a English football club, the workers paid feck all and the trainers cost a few pence to make but some Liverpool FC ponce wears them so they can be sold for £50. They are shipped over burning vast amounts of fossil fuel in the process and end up in a landfill site a few months later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My Plea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.