Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Keith Alexander Dies....
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 34 Guests

Keith Alexander Dies....

This thread currently has 17,353 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
The_Laughing_Mariner
March 3, 2010, 1:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Just Seen this on BBC website,
I am almost in tears

My abiding memory of Big Keith is a last minute winner at home to Carlisle,  the ball bounced of his knee, shin, gonads, backside as he forced his way into the area before unleashing a trickler into the far corner of the net.

Another cracker was away at Scarborough where he stuck out one of his 7ft legs, took the ball of the centre half, gallopped away to score the winner,

Oh and two goals at Southend too

a legend

RIP Keith

Condolonces to his family and friends.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 171
Les Brechin
March 3, 2010, 1:10pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Another memory I have of Keef apart from the Wimbledon goal was when we played away at Rochdale and he had come on as a first half substitute only to be substituted himself midway through the second half. He was looking around in disbelief when he saw it was his number being held up.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 171
tarka
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
How very, very sad.  Not the greatest player we have ever had....but one of the most memorable and will be remembered fondly by those of us who were around in the early Buckley era.  My condolences to his family.  RIP Big Keith.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 171
theicenian

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from bobbyturtle

indeed, or a mins applause. a legend rip

A minutes silence is the proper fitting tribute to a great guy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 171
NewtoN

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
Truely shocked and saddened by hearing this and my thoughts are with Big Keith's family  

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 171
Orange_Sauce

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +30
I'm too young to have seen him play for town live, but i have seen my dads old tapes. Really shocked.

RIP Keith
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 171
pal123
March 3, 2010, 1:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rest in peace. My  thoughts are with the family and friends of this true legend at this sad time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 171
EY Mariner
March 3, 2010, 1:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
I'm shocked and absolutely distraught by this truly dreadful news. I've already rung Macclesfield to express my condolences and I know that I spoke on all your behalves and on behalf of every single Town fan. I'm almost in tears as I type.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 171
RoboCod
March 3, 2010, 1:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

Another cracker was away at Scarborough where he stuck out one of his 7ft legs, took the ball of the centre half, gallopped away to score the winner,

I remember it well. The terracing was quite flat where we were. As he galloped towards us the big boardings in front of us obscured the first 10 or so yards of the pitch, including the goal line of course. He just kept running, we were roaring him on, as his huge legs seemingly swallowed up yards with each stride. He drew the keeper and rolled it past him, the ball instantly became obscured by the boardings, and for a couple of seconds time stood still. Suddenly the net rippled and we went mental.

Great memories.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 171
Manchester Mariner
March 3, 2010, 1:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Absolutely gutted, I was extremely lucky to start going to watch Town when Buckley first came and signed a few non-league players, one of which being Keith. He became my first Town hero, despite his lack of ability he was always top scorer. So many memories from the guy, Wimbledon as had already been mentioned and against Hull in the Rumbelows Cup or whatever it was called at the time, he seemed to go in for a tackle outside the box and bizzarely the ball flew into the goal as a result.

RIP King Keith!

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Keith Alexander Dies....

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.