Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Keith Alexander Dies....
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Keith Alexander Dies....

This thread currently has 17,114 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Citymariner
March 3, 2010, 7:59pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
England have got black armbands on.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 120 - 171
marinette
March 3, 2010, 8:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Couldn't believe it when I heard - terribly upsetting news.

RIP Big Keith

Some players are very nondescript and you forget about them as soon as they leave the club, but Keith had his own particular style and I can still see him running with the ball or hoisting Shaun Cunnington off his feet and away from a fracas - he could sometimes be unpredictable but that, for me, made football fun to watch.  After he left us, it was always nice to see him back at BP as a manager - no matter which club he was with, I couldn't quite get my head around the fact that he was the 'opposition' -  he always seemed like 'one of our own' to me.

Private Message
Reply: 121 - 171
RoboCod
March 3, 2010, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Don't know if anyone realises but it's almost 10 years since we lost dear old Marc North (2001). Northy of course was famed for his late subs appearance away at Middlesboro for us, where he came on and grabbed two goals to send them out to a big shock defeat. I remember later a Boro report saying that the Boro centre back, a certain Gary Pallister admitted after the game that he'd been ran ragged by Big Keith. Good ol' Dusky just ground them down and let Northy pick them off.

How poignant that Towns heroic front pairing that day have both left us.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 171
Roisteringroy
March 3, 2010, 8:21pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Alexander the man mountain had a relationship with the ball like a small man walking a big dog. Neither really sure where they were going but they got there in the end. Oh to have that level of faith in a striker today.

Given our current predicament of taking 2 seasons of relegation form to actually get relegated this awful news acts as an untimely reminder of past glories. Legend is a word all to easy to use but given the glowing tributes from the wider football family to his untimely death clearly we were truly blessed to have witnessed a true legend of the game. RIP Big Man. Thanks for dropping by.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 171
alvinghammariner
March 3, 2010, 8:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Just got in from work and heard the news, gutted. RIP big keith.  

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 171
Biccys
March 3, 2010, 8:36pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
http://macctownfc.bb3host.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

I have received this from Macclesfield Town, should anyone wish to pass on their condolences to them also. They will be pinning a link to this thread tomorrow.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 125 - 171
ginnywings
March 3, 2010, 8:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Totally shocked.Only found out a couple of hours ago.

Was talking to my mate only yesterday,who is Keiths brother in law.When my mate got married a few months back,his sister and her lovely son were there.Being a Saturday,Keith was away on footy business.Very sad for her and the family.

One of the all time great Town characters and a great man.

RIP Keith.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 171
Limerick Mariner
March 3, 2010, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,554
Gold Stars: 133
Just got back home - absolutely shocked. A massive loss to the game - someone who made the most of very limited ability as a footballer and gave everything every time he pulled on a Town shirt. He was a key member of the squad that lifted the depression after the Ly*ns and Bobby Roberts debacles. His goals were wonderfully varied - shin at Sarfend, mishit bobble v Carlisle, superb headet at Wimbledon. Think he got the late equaliser at Scunny in the 2-2 as well. I went to about 40 games in the that promotion season and there was never a dull moment when he was on the pitch. What's more he seemed a bloody nice bloke.

I'm very very sad...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 171
barralad
March 3, 2010, 9:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121

Absolutely dreadful news. Footballing Legend

Not much more left to be said...R.I.P. Big Keith....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 171
jimdobbin
March 3, 2010, 9:15pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
A sad day for football.

I never saw Keith play for Town but I did meet him on a few occasions. My family are originally from the same visit that his family now live in. Therefore, he presented the awards for our local football club and he was a true gent - very enthusiastic - no airs or graces at all.

Nice to see the England players with black armbands. I hope there is a minutes silence on Saturday.

"Give it to Dobbin" Newcastle 0-1 Grimsby Town. The greatest GTFC goal of all time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 171
18 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Keith Alexander Dies....

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.