Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

This thread currently has 120,291 views. Print
149 Pages Prev ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lincolnsmariner
August 8, 2008, 5:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
We have a news update for you all at 7pm
Please check back just after 7pm for this.

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 970 - 1487
Hameln Mariner
August 8, 2008, 5:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
Gents,

A quick update from the Czech Republic  for the "other" bike ride on the 30th.  I've just got back from my first long ride this afternoon - 20kms.  Now I see what all the debate about padded bike shorts is all about.  Having said that when it started to rain cats and dogs at about the half way point (typical) my GTFC diadora rain jacket (circa 1994) proved to be just the job.  Not only am I doing my thing to raise money like you guys but also spreading the word of GTFC in south Moravia. Well I would have been if everyone hadn't gone indoors and missed the nutter out on a bike in a rainstorm.

Anyway - keep up the good work, I'll keep you all posted about how the GTFC Fan Club Moravia Branch (me) is getting on from time to time and fingers crossed for some better weather for my next ride on sunday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 971 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
August 8, 2008, 6:39pm
Whiskey Drinker

News Update, Thursday 08th August 2008. 7PM.

Firstly apologies, for having to put this news update back 24 hours this was due to the amount of meetings myself and Josh (citymariner) had yesterday, we felt it more appropriate to wait until the outcome of these.

On Wednesday 06/08 we had a meeting with St Barnabas which we felt was very successful.
On the outcome of this meeting, we received about 15 t-shirts in various sizes (even two for both mascots).
We have been promised buckets, and (Josh’s words) Hand held coin shakers, for the day and the home match before and after the event. If you wouldn’t mind holding one please contact us via official website.
We also got some more contacts regarding other things which I will go into more detail later on.

On Thursday 07/08 we had four official BTTB meetings.

We started off with LCFC/LCST; this again was a huge successful meeting for us (BTTB).
We received a sign shirt which will be auctioned off along with a signed ball on the day at the trust suite at the ground, these are done often with LCFC items, and we are expecting to raise about £300 from both items.
We discussed the planned events for the day and with abit of discussion it has been agreed that ALL bikes will be stored on LCFC’s astro turfs which will be guarded by 2 lcfc stewards.
All bikes will be processed via a ticketing system, this will also be used on other things which are detailed further down.
We then had to dash from Lincoln to Grimsby to meet with the telegraph to put out an appeal for things (detailed below), we are hoping this will be in Saturdays (09/0 or Mondays (11/0 Telegraph.

We met with St Andrew’s this was just a briefing and regarding t-shirts, St Andrews will be loaning t-shirts/bibs for riders on the day, these will need to be returned.
Our final official meeting was with the Glory Hunter, we did a short piece with him, which he will put onto his blog and hopefully onto the match video.

T-shirts:
We will have a selection off t-shirts from the three charities, we are also going to be wearing official fishy t-shirts, all t-shirts will feature our sponsor’s logos on them.
We will need to know peoples t-shirt sizes but this will be done on Tuesday.

Meeting:
This meeting is being held, for a briefing, a update and also for riders to be given a BTTB card, and to answer any questions, and for all riders to meet each other.
Also for Disclaimer forms to be signed, and rider safety sheets to be checked/signed.
If you can attend please make the effort to come along, it is being held at the imp at 6.30pm in the function room. Anyone is welcome, riders/support staff/sponsors or people interested to know more.
If you are unavailable to attend please contact us via contact@biketothebank.co.uk asap please.

BTTB Cards.
These cards will be used to identify all riders, and will be used on your bikes and bags. To ensure all property and bikes go to the correct people.

Ticket News.
All riders and support staff WILL be allowed to get exclusive advanced tickets.
To get your tickets you will need to use your BTTB card as your number will be crossed off, the rider MUST purchase the ticket, if you are unable, the person collecting on your behalf MUST take some form of id for yourself and there self.
This is to ensure all riders get tickets and to ensure the club isn’t flooded by people wanting to get tickets quicker.
More details of this will be discussed on Tuesday with dates of when you can get your ticket from.

Appeals:
We are looking for a company who would like to be a major sponsor, and purchase the Fishy t-shirts.
We are in desperate need of Bikes, so if you have a spare one/two please get in touch via the official website. If your friendly with your neighbours and they have one spare please beg them on our behalf for them for the day.
We are looking for 3 more transit vans/drivers, and 2 support cars/drivers.
WE STILL NEED LCFC RIDERS, CONTACT US contact@biketothebank.co.uk
We are now not limiting the number of riders BUT there are strict guidelines in place regarding riders.

Most people who use the buses will see our poster as it is now on EVERY bus in east midlands/GY clee areas.

We are now in strict liaison with Humberside police who are liaising with Lincolnshire police.

Come Tuesday we are hoping a lot to happen and will give the next news update at the meeting.
This will be minute and put onto all necessary sites with the news update.

On Behalf of Bike to the Bank
Jonathan Spurr
http://www.biketothebank.co.uk
contact@biketothebank.co.uk

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 972 - 1487
wrighty88
August 8, 2008, 11:16pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Cant make the game Tuesday got  team training. But will get forms and cards off you asp or print the disclaimers off the site. john
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 973 - 1487
Citymariner
August 9, 2008, 6:38pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
i'm looking into creating e-version membership cards for those that can not make the meeting, there is also the possibility of mailing the membership cards.

the membership cards will give advanced ticket purchase as well as access to your equipment - bike and clothes etc.

there will be a briefing before the ride for health and safety etc.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 974 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
August 9, 2008, 9:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Citymariner
i'm looking into creating e-version membership cards for those that can not make the meeting, there is also the possibility of mailing the membership cards.

the membership cards will give advanced ticket purchase as well as access to your equipment - bike and clothes etc.

there will be a briefing before the ride for health and safety etc.

Josh your meant to be on HOLIDAY.
Stop worrying about this. (until tuesday)

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 975 - 1487
Wembley 08
August 10, 2008, 2:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +3 / -2
keep up the good work guys

dont want to sound downbeat but the major issue in your plan is bikes - you have more riders than bikes!

Surely thre will be a point where if you haven't found enoguh bikes for the riders, you will have to turn away riders?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 976 - 1487
Citymariner
August 10, 2008, 2:47pm
Pontoonite
sorry jon!!!

right the membership cards for those who have given full rider details (medical form with date of birth and postcode) have been done

you will all have a unique number that will correspond with GTFC's list for advanced tickets etc.

right there are a few forum users that have missing info that i need

Marinerian - datre of birth
LH - Date of birth

i'm missing all rider information from:
Name
Alex Green
David Finney
Dean Liley
Edward Newton
Grant Bailey
Jon Spurr
Jordan Houlstan
Lee Chrisnall
Mathew Harris
Mathew Newton
Mathew Watkinson
Steve Claybourn
Steven Burnett
Tom Curtis

we require:

Full Name
DOB
Address with postcode
Contact Phone Number
Medical History (if serious)
Long term Medication
A secondary contact in case of emergency - Name, relation and number

remember, quicker this info gets the quicker i can get your cards done ready for tuesday to get advanced tickets (this will not affect STH's really but still need your info)

no info - no ride policy has to be used to cover ourselves.

if there are any names missing and you know you have not sent the required rider detail info then please send to either:
contact@biketothebank.co.uk
or through PM:
Lincolnsmariner or citymariner

Cheers,

Josh  
(its sunny in mablethorpe today!)
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 977 - 1487
Citymariner
August 10, 2008, 2:54pm
Pontoonite
Quoted from Wembley 08
keep up the good work guys

dont want to sound downbeat but the major issue in your plan is bikes - you have more riders than bikes!

Surely thre will be a point where if you haven't found enoguh bikes for the riders, you will have to turn away riders?

we only have 3 on the database that are fully signed up requiring a bike. but i understand the concern its on our agenda.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 978 - 1487
Wembley 08
August 10, 2008, 3:19pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +3 / -2
ah right, i thought it was more than that

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 979 - 1487
149 Pages Prev ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.