16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
February 5, 2021, 8:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
We don’t need to know their plans as they’ve already been written by members of The Fishy and Fans on Twitter. They are certain to do absolutely everything you’ve all said they should do.

It’s going to be Brexit-like sunlit uplands
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 151
ginnywings
February 5, 2021, 12:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
They aren't the current board, which is more than enough for me for now.

It's not going to be difficult for them to make a better fist of it than JF and his not so merry men.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 151
malkamalka
February 5, 2021, 12:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
They need to take the helm before making more detailed plans.  

Agreed.

They did say that they would not be commenting further until the Takeover was complete.

Speculation and innuendo does no good in the circumstances. Let's just wait till they make that announcement. Then we can harrass them for their detailed plans!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 151
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 5, 2021, 12:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,354
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
We don’t need to know their plans as they’ve already been written by members of The Fishy and Fans on Twitter. They are certain to do absolutely everything you’ve all said they should do.

It’s going to be Brexit-like sunlit uplands

It's not going to be like Brexit at all. We have had no promises made to us by the consortium, they aren't peddling some sort of small minded vision of our past that we should return to and they aren't suggesting that our problems are all because of an external factor. And their leaders don't appear to be untrustworthy lying tw*ts.

What they've offered us is change from the incompetent, penny pinching, backward looking 'leadership' that we currently have. And we're buying it!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 151
chrissy
February 5, 2021, 12:24pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563

It's not going to be like Brexit at all. We have had no promises made to us by the consortium, they aren't peddling some sort of small minded vision of our past that we should return to and they aren't suggesting that our problems are all because of an external factor. And their leaders don't appear to be untrustworthy lying tw*ts.

What they've offered us is change from the incompetent, penny pinching, backward looking 'leadership' that we currently have. And we're buying it!

That have not even said we will be in the championship in five years.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 151
realist
February 5, 2021, 1:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
We could have change, to a worse ownership. What if their only interest is to aid their regeneration money making? All we know about them is that they contain tyre kickers, family butchers, and a guy who peddles positivity. Do they know anything about owning a football team, I fear not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 151
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 5, 2021, 1:11pm
Champagne Drinker

And just for good measure - I dearly hope that after only a month of their regime we won't all be seeing their lies come falling round their ears as the extent of the disaster becomes apparent, even more quickly than the most rabid detractors had feared.

I suspect that all three of them have read all the documents as well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 151
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 5, 2021, 1:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from realist
We could have change, to a worse ownership. What if their only interest is to aid their regeneration money making? All we know about them is that they contain tyre kickers, family butchers, and a guy who peddles positivity. Do they know anything about owning a football team, I fear not?

That is possible. Still preferable to man who knows a great deal about running a football club into the ground and consorts with convicted fraudsters.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 151
Northbank Mariner
February 5, 2021, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,562
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from realist

They are all very successful business men, GTFC is a business...end of!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.34
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,069
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I mean, why else would 3 wealthy businessmen, with local connections, want to take over?

It's public knowledge that they have plans for the club, and the town as well.

I come out with one rumour about the defender signing, which eventually come off (Meyenese), slightly delayed albeit.

I don't claim to have any inside knowledge at all, other than knowing someone who is known by majority at the club, but isn't directly involved in the club, other than being a fan.

Jarmo you made the statement not me. If it's rumour say it's a rumour.

The only reason I can think of as to why 3 wealthy business want to invest in anything is a return on money.

You then make another statement :-

It's public knowledge that they have plans for the club, and the town as well

The ONLY thing they have made public is :-

They wish to buy Fent'y shares and pay off his loans.
Their preference for a new stadium is the docks

So what are the other plans YOU say are in the public domain? Have they applied for planning permission for any development?

At the end of the day you are the one making statements of what WILL happen as if the information is based on facts. If your info is not fact based then say so, If it's an opinion say so, if it's a rumour say so. Stop misleading fans and building up hopes.

And here's a scoop for you. A majority of people on the site are, like you, aware of me so If I win £100millions on the lottery I will buy Town. That is a statement and is as ambiguous as your falso info.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 151
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover Update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.