16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
February 3, 2021, 11:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
2 chums who are far more in the know than I, saying theyve been told the same thing.looking hopeful.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 151
GYinScuntland
February 4, 2021, 2:02am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Give it a fortnight and they'll be backing out because of a couple of lairy fcukers on The Fishy and in other news we enter year 4 of lockdown because three sods were spotted maskless down Meggies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 151
KingstonMariner
February 4, 2021, 3:05am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Give it a fortnight and they'll be backing out because of a couple of lairy fcukers on The Fishy and in other news we enter year 4 of lockdown because three sods were spotted maskless down Meggies.

It must be a laugh a minute joy in your world. How do you keep your  feet on the ground?!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 151
Davec
February 4, 2021, 7:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
So when they say within the week do they mean this week bearing in mind it is now Thursday, or do they mean within the next 7 day period
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 151
Northbank Mariner
February 4, 2021, 7:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,563
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Davec
So when they say within the week do they mean this week bearing in mind it is now Thursday, or do they mean within the next 7 day period

Within the next 7 days I'm lead to believe...🤞🤞🤞
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 151
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 4, 2021, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 196
Let’s all look forward to good news on and off the pitch then

And maybe getting our first win at Newport on Saturday

UTM

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 151
diehardmariner
February 4, 2021, 8:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 545
This is great news and well overdue, about 15 years really.

I just hope expectations are kept realistic.  Especially for the remainder of the season.  We are were we are now and there's nothing else anyone can do in terms of what's in the building.  Hurst has got his squad, regardless if he wanted it different or not.  With the exception of bringing in a couple of free agents, this is it.  If we're to stay up then it will be this group of players that achieve it.

Equally so off the field I don't expect to see instant changes overnight.  There's going to be a bedding in period where the new owners find their feet and want to understand the workings of the club.  Palmer has experience of running a football club fresh from a takeover and I fully expect he'll be put to task immediately to understand what needs doing, what should be done and what could be done, prioritised in that order.  Stockwood is about giving trust in the people who work in a business, it's only right that the current staff are giving a chance to adapt to changes and impress accordingly.   I don't think we will see mass changes straight away.

We can all identify things that we want to see changed at this club and some things are definitely more pressing than others, both in terms of the playing set-up and the business aspect of the club. But let's give these guys the time to do it properly.  There's a reason they're highly successful, it's because they know what they're doing.  

Positive times and I feel like I've got a bit of my GTFC mojo back this week.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 151
youaremygrimsby
February 4, 2021, 9:37am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +74
The rumours are positive, no doubt! It will be nice to have some fresh blood running from the top.

Expectation should be kept to a level where people realise we are in still in danger of relegation. And I say this because there is nothing this new board can do from this point into the season. There are no more transfer windows and we have the right man at the helm. Just be there and support him.

Where we end up is where we end up come end of the season. The table never lies. The question is was the damage done in the summer too much? We will find out!

What i do expect from the new board is the following:
1) Do we have a plan if we get relegated?
2) Do we have a plan if we survive?

If the answer to the above is yes, then that's so much more than what we have had to endure the last 15+years!

Can you imagine, Grimsby Town Football Club with a purpose?!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 151
Swansea_Mariner
February 4, 2021, 9:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,482
Gold Stars: 63
The most important question I want answering is:

What's their fishy username gonna be so I can look out for them pointing out where we need to get our facts right.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 151
Jarmo.Is.God
February 4, 2021, 9:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I will be a lot more optimistic with these in charge if we was to get relegated.

With Fenty, would we of ever returned? i honestly don't think so.

But these 3 have future plans, and i'm sure if we go down, we will be backed with a good manager and a good board to come back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 151
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover Update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.