headingly_mariner
February 4, 2021, 8:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Heisenberg

I take it you are joking?!! It’s great we’ll be steered in another direction by these guys, but we are currently in the most dire relegation trouble that I can ever remember.

I am a veteran of quite a few relegation battles now and the atmosphere is usually good with a new manager, some new signings, the importance of it and add new owners it would be packed and noisy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 151
GYinScuntland
February 4, 2021, 11:20pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It must be a laugh a minute joy in your world. How do you keep your  feet on the ground?!

A ball and chain of reality helps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 151
realist
February 5, 2021, 6:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Usually potential new owners let interested parties know what their plans are, what they hope to change to achieve this etc. This bunch have shared nothing. I am not sure what their motives are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 151
thefish
February 5, 2021, 6:56am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,261
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I am a veteran of quite a few relegation battles now and the atmosphere is usually good with a new manager, some new signings, the importance of it and add new owners it would be packed and noisy.

And sadly as a town fan, you don’t have to be very old to be a veteran of a few relegation battles!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 151
mariner91
February 5, 2021, 6:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from realist
Usually potential new owners let interested parties know what their plans are, what they hope to change to achieve this etc. This bunch have shared nothing. I am not sure what their motives are.

Shared nothing except their vision for a new stadium on the docks and their vision for regenerating that part of town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 151
crusty ole pie
February 5, 2021, 7:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from realist

Perhaps it’s there intention to let the team do the talking for them I can’t recall any other chairman/ non chairman spouting off so much as mr let you down badly mr fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 151
Jarmo.Is.God
February 5, 2021, 8:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from DB

Stop losing you patience with me Diehard. I asked a question on a post from Jarmo as I was under the impression from his post that he knew something nobody else did. His posting was similar to that of yesterdays post about the take over happening in the next few days.

I have NEVER questioned the resources or business acumen of the consortium members, so why are you making out I did. Find one post where I have praised Fenty, so why imply I am a Fenty sympathiser.

You quote :- Responsible for developing Simply Business, Jason sets the challenge for defying the insurance company stereotype. From technology and data science to customer experience and people engagement, Jason has spearheaded our mission to create something better..

Is 'something better' for Simply Business, for another joint enterprise they have, for their GT project or something else.

Jarmo said But these 3 have future plans
, so my simple question is What are the plans?
It's a very fair question to ask given the statement from Jarmo. So you ask Jarmo the same question, he's the one making the statements.

I mean, why else would 3 wealthy businessmen, with local connections, want to take over?

It's public knowledge that they have plans for the club, and the town as well.

I come out with one rumour about the defender signing, which eventually come off (Meyenese), slightly delayed albeit.

I don't claim to have any inside knowledge at all, other than knowing someone who is known by majority at the club, but isn't directly involved in the club, other than being a fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 151
February 5, 2021, 8:36am
Guest User
Quoted from realist

Let's wait until there's something at least resembling a corpse before we start a post-mortem.

Wait and see, like the rest of us!
Reply: 68 - 151
TownSNAFU5
February 5, 2021, 8:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
They need to take the helm before making more detailed plans.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 151
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover Update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.