Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst time officially now up
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 43 Guests

Hurst time officially now up

This thread currently has 15,993 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Caesar
August 17, 2014, 12:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Don't call people names for heavens sake. For me I agree with Pontoonlew, Hurst shouldn't go now but there are problems Paul needs to answer, but ppl who think he should go now actually have a point.I think they are wrong certainly but not arseholes!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 169
MeanwoodMariner
August 17, 2014, 12:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8

Quoted from oldludensian
80% think Hurst should be sacked according to that poll?

What thefuck is wrong with (the majority) of you arseholes on here?

To be fair he's calling everyone on here an anus, not just the majority who want Hurst gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 169
Maringer
August 17, 2014, 1:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,756
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

To be fair he's calling everyone on here an anus, not just the majority who want Hurst gone.

The worrying thing is that he's probably not far wrong!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 169
DocTower
August 17, 2014, 1:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Lots of comments regarding stay or go . The main factor I feel is the cost , fans do and will vote with their feet . Once your out of the habit of going to see Town , although still interested in the result , you find other things to employ your time .  This lost revenue will have have a greater detrimental effect than most of us think .
Three of our original group no longer come  , one other after yesterday is waiting to see what happens . Too many ifs or buts and maybe  , something needs addressing a little more than  " When our players are fit "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 169
MuddyWaters
August 17, 2014, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from oldludensian

What thefuck is wrong with (the majority) of you arseholes on here? No one has seen us play a competitive match with anything near a full strength team this season. Yes, we haven't won the first three games but we haven't lost either.

Many of you are sounding like a bunch of spoilt brats (typical football fans, especially Premiershit). Why don't you wait until he has a stronger first team to choose from before proffering your opinions?

Hello, anus here! Just a quick question that I'll repeat from another thread : Do you think that this squad and this manager are good enough to get us out of the 5th tier of English football? A simple yes or no will do.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 169
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 17, 2014, 1:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 137
Today made me think two things:

1) PH wants not to lose more than he wants to win (understandable, but won't win the league like that),

and

2) Connell isn't the answer to our striking problems (but Pittman could be).

Frustrated again, but too soon to panic surely?

The panic was probably PH's at the time of signing Connell. I think it was a desperation move. We had one fit striker (for want of a better word!) and Connell was short of a club. The signing would please the easily pleased and perhaps buy PH some time. I said last week that he is not Matt Tees. There will be no happy ending to this second coming because Connell is not that sort of player. That is not to say he's a bad player, just not the one who scored all those goals for us seasons ago.

It isn't working because the lad is not likely to be match fit and because the side is not playing for him like it did when he was here last time and he was at the centre of everything.

There is no point in PH signing another striker while the side is playing like this and the manager is asking strikers to not only finish moves but create chances in the first place. Watch the high(?)lights from yesterday & Tuesday, watch the BR game and see how many times we had more than 2 players in their box in open play. Then watch some video of Buckley's side and compare. I know the times and the quality of players is different but it makes the point.

My guess is that if you ask PH he will say he wants midfielders to get in front of the ball and the team to play though defences, my guess is also that he tells them that is what he wants. So why don't they do it? The answer is that he cannot inspire them to believe in themselves or the way he wants them to play.

Yes, the formation matters but it is not crucial to the problem. My opinion is that another manager could turn these players into a league winning team with maybe one more signing and some real fire in their bellies.

PH said in his post Dover interview that he wished the players had the same fire and desire that he had. Sorry Paul, that is your job. If they haven't got it there is no point in moaning to John Tondeur, the buck stops with you.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 169
August 17, 2014, 1:47pm
Guest User

PH said in his post Dover interview that he wished the players had the same fire and desire that he had. Sorry Paul, that is your job. If they haven't got it there is no point in moaning to John Tondeur, the buck stops with you.

I have never shown him any emotion on the touch line. I can't see him putting a lot of emotion in the changing rooms either. I doubt any players would be inspired by a dull character like him and I doubt he would put fear in the players in which some times you need. Also, why is Disley our captain? He is a poor leader and I never see him instructing players or even encouraging them.

Reply: 96 - 169
davmariner
August 17, 2014, 1:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79

The panic was probably PH's at the time of signing Connell. I think it was a desperation move. We had one fit striker (for want of a better word!) and Connell was short of a club. The signing would please the easily pleased and perhaps buy PH some time. I said last week that he is not Matt Tees. There will be no happy ending to this second coming because Connell is not that sort of player. That is not to say he's a bad player, just not the one who scored all those goals for us seasons ago.

It isn't working because the lad is not likely to be match fit and because the side is not playing for him like it did when he was here last time and he was at the centre of everything.

There is no point in PH signing another striker while the side is playing like this and the manager is asking strikers to not only finish moves but create chances in the first place. Watch the high(?)lights from yesterday & Tuesday, watch the BR game and see how many times we had more than 2 players in their box in open play. Then watch some video of Buckley's side and compare. I know the times and the quality of players is different but it makes the point.

My guess is that if you ask PH he will say he wants midfielders to get in front of the ball and the team to play though defences, my guess is also that he tells them that is what he wants. So why don't they do it? The answer is that he cannot inspire them to believe in themselves or the way he wants them to play.

Yes, the formation matters but it is not crucial to the problem. My opinion is that another manager could turn these players into a league winning team with maybe one more signing and some real fire in their bellies.

Great post, well said.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 169
jonnyboy82
August 17, 2014, 2:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from oldludensian

What thefuck is wrong with (the majority) of you arseholes on here? No one has seen us play a competitive match with anything near a full strength team this season. Yes, we haven't won the first three games but we haven't lost either.

Many of you are sounding like a bunch of spoilt brats (typical football fans, especially Premiershit). Why don't you wait until he has a stronger first team to choose from before proffering your opinions?

Whats wrong with actually i would say the minority of us is that we saw this longball hopeless football our manager churns out each week is now starting to urine off the other majority..

It is apalling dour and if its ok with you im sick to death of our manager thinking playing like this is acceptable...

Our chairman should spend less time browsing this forum and seriously start thinking is paul hurst really the kind of manager to get us out this league because i can tell you he isnt.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 169
MuddyWaters
August 17, 2014, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Our chairman should spend less time browsing this forum and seriously start thinking is paul hurst really the kind of manager to get us out this league because i can tell you he isnt.

Our chairman should be driving up the A1 in his very nice black car (that cut me up on Thursday) to treat Gary Mills to a nice lunch and invite him to take charge of a club with a proper fanbase who have a passion to be back in the league.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst time officially now up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.