Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst time officially now up
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 92 Guests

Hurst time officially now up

This thread currently has 15,989 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
immariner
August 16, 2014, 10:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Today is really the first day that I'd have to question Paul's bottle. It's clearly evident he felt he couldn't drop Boyce (Scunny not best pleased) and would have been pilloried for not putting Pearson back in; Winfarrah clearly being the easiest to drop. So he has gone for a system whose success, to me, would be based more on luck than on judgement.

What does that say to Winfarrah after his praise-winning performance on Tuesday? Would have given the lad real confidence to start today and he deserved it. :/ It was inevitable there were going to be players playing out of position and Paul still had his hands tied with personnel but he could and should have been more positive in my eyes. Paddy and Magnay playing wing backs is not going to give us the attacking impetus we need. I'm certainly not calling for him to be sacked but I think his decision making leaves a lot to be desired today .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 169
Caesar
August 16, 2014, 10:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
I think this is incredibly concerning now, I could take a point at Rovers but since then this has been an area of concern.  How a season of optimism has been sucked out of us in 270 minutes is scary.

But I do not think his time is up yet.  We have given him a summer to buy players and get his squad sorted, he needs time to work with them and changing managers this early is madness.    However things need to change pretty damn quickly!  The footie I have seen thus far is poor and how many chances can LJL miss? It is ridiculous, if he could put the ball in the net with any kind of ability we would have 9 points right now!  (didn't see the game today so am going on the fact that he hit the post as a chance he should of scored, if I am wrong I apologise but insist he still needs to learn to score and am begging him to prove so many of us on here wrong!)

At the end of last season I think the consensus was we need better football or top spot, for me Hurst definitely has more time to get either of those going, but not too much longer, come on Paul! Prove the BT Sport pundits right and the many of us doubting you are the right man for the job wrong.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 169
Maringer
August 16, 2014, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Or in other words your papering over the cracks and don't want to believe the truth which is we ain't getting out this league with Paul in charge.

Actually, I was just giving a reasoned view of the game. A very poor performance, as I noted. Still should have won, mind.

Interesting to note that you've written us off this season already, despite the fact that we've only played 3 out of 46 games, all of which could easily have been won even with our team so badly hit by injuries and suspensions.

I do hope you'll be able to enjoy it if we get a turnaround in our fortunes and start to do well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 169
August 17, 2014, 12:45am
Guest User
Today made me think two things:

1) PH wants not to lose more than he wants to win (understandable, but won't win the league like that),

and

2) Connell isn't the answer to our striking problems (but Pittman could be).

Frustrated again, but too soon to panic surely?
Reply: 83 - 169
headingly_mariner
August 17, 2014, 9:59am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,405
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from TAGG

What a load of boll0cks.
We "threw it away" because of the way the Managers set up the team, his lack of tactical know how, the predictable football we play and having a bloke up front who is the worst finisher this club has had for years.
Its got so boring seeing on here that LJL had a good game, unlucky and all the rest of that balderdash. LJL missed a hat full of chances today, hes the worst finisher we have had at this club for years and years.

I don't think he missed a hatful of chances yesterday, I thought he was unlucky with some good efforts, he had a good game, the best chance of the game and season so far was fluffed by brown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 169
pontoonlew
August 17, 2014, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
It's funny how so many other fans are baffled as to how LJL starts every game for us. When you have Dover fans saying 'what is the point in LJL' then you have to start questioning things.

It's also odd to see the people grilling me and others for our consistent views on Hurst are now straight on the bandwagon 3 games in. I don't think he should go just yet, but he's doing all the things a lot of us predicted he would.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 169
chaos33
August 17, 2014, 12:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,015
Gold Stars: 362
I took a Luton supporting mate to the Gateshead play off first leg at BP at the end of last season. Pretty much the first things he said after the game were: 'you'll never get promoted with John Lewis as your main forward', and 'your manager's not brave enough'.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 169
oldludensian
August 17, 2014, 12:25pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
80% think Hurst should be sacked according to that poll?

What thefuck is wrong with (the majority) of you arseholes on here? No one has seen us play a competitive match with anything near a full strength team this season. Yes, we haven't won the first three games but we haven't lost either.

Many of you are sounding like a bunch of spoilt brats (typical football fans, especially Premiershit). Why don't you wait until he has a stronger first team to choose from before proffering your opinions?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 169
ginnywings
August 17, 2014, 12:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from oldludensian

What thefuck is wrong with (the majority) of you arseholes on here? No one has seen us play a competitive match with anything near a full strength team this season. Yes, we haven't won the first three games but we haven't lost either.

Many of you are sounding like a bunch of spoilt brats (typical football fans, especially Premiershit). Why don't you wait until he has a stronger first team to choose from before proffering your opinions?

Nicely put sir. If we have a different view we are arseholes. Great debating skills there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 169
denni266
August 17, 2014, 12:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from oldludensian

We arseholes have a right to put our point across and will do so, without calling other posters names.. but i would sugest that next time you are wiping yours , save some paper for your glasses , then you may see things as they are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst time officially now up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.