2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
siy2k5
December 21, 2012, 10:29pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
John tondeur confirmed on RH after the match that they aren't allowed to speak to any of the players/management tonight due to him tweeting this morning a rumour (which turned out to be true) that S Pearson was ill. Reason...giving away team secrets....

Ffs do we ever learn?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
The Grim Reaper
December 21, 2012, 11:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Fair dos to town on this one. Tondeur is in a privileged position and if Scott & Hurst want to keep the team news from the opposition then they should be able to trust him. What did Tondeur gain from it?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
TAGG
December 22, 2012, 1:32am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Where does this 'spitting of the dummy out' by people at the club stop?
Quote from Aaron on here "my brother and my dad has said that ross hannah has had an argument with Scott" Do the club see there bottom and stop him going to the games????
This is the information age and journalists will use what tools they have to get a story out, that's what they get paid for FFS
I was getting to like our duo but IMO they are being very childish and have shown a lack of respect for supporters who want to hear after match reaction      

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
moosey_club
December 22, 2012, 2:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,339
Gold Stars: 229
Alternatively........lets get very professional and ensure that any information which the opposition may be able to exploit is kept under wraps until the team sheets are handed in enabling US to have an advantage or the element of suprise.

Being friendly with the press is fine but if the club had not officially released an illness to S.P then it should be kept that way.

Difference between success and failure is minute at times so lets not give away information that may be useful to the opposition.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
80sglory
December 22, 2012, 3:03am
Guest User
Quoted from TAGG
This is the information age and journalists will use what tools they have to get a story out, that's what they get paid for FFS

On twitter ?

As much respect as I have for JT, I tend to think nothing should have been revealed.

But it's a tricky one cos where do you draw the line ?
Even if fans post up their own views on team selection on here, other eyes might be prying.
But equally if it's something the club might not have considered then it's not unthinkable that it might help or put the fear of god up the opposition.

For example, I could have easily have come on here pre-match and said "Hatton shouldn't play right back", "what we need to be careful of is...." or whatever.
Helfpful or hurtful ?
Now it's all about opinions but personally I was loathed to even stick up Wrexhams recent highlights or even comment on THEIR perceived weaknesses let alone ours.

In fact I tried to watch Wrexham's highlights + post match reaction to their 2-0 defeat at Kiddy on the player and found it wasn't available or wasn't fully working - is that co-incidence ?

I've often wondered if prying eyes can be looking myself and maybe wrong but if so, would argue what you say or don't say might help or hurt.
It's bloody difficult though cos it's a discussion forum and to reveal nothing would seem to defeat the whole object of it.

Just for me, (if true) team secrets seems to be going a shade too far cos be honest, wasn't there a semi-blackout on here pre-match ?
Didn't even see a "team for Wrexham" thread !

Anyway, can someone explain what actually happened ?...
Reply: 4 - 19
TAGG
December 22, 2012, 7:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
I think we have to put this in to perspective. It was a piddling little thing they (the duo) have blown out of all proportion.
Do they really think that the Wrexham manager is going to change his tactics/game plan just because Pearson may or may not be playing on the night? I doubt that very much.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
chaos33
December 22, 2012, 8:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,995
Gold Stars: 362
I think both Tondeur and the club have made a mistake here and it hasn't really reflected very well on anyone. It also adds a feeling of anger/negativity at a time when we should be absolutely bouyant. Individuals have to act more responsibly and respectfully. Let's hope that this passes quickly and doesn't affect us because we've got enough to contend with without making complications for ourselves.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
jimgtfc
December 22, 2012, 8:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,123
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from chaos33
I think both Toneur and the club have made a mistake here and it hasn't really reflected very well on anyone. It also adds a feeling of anger/negativity at a time when we should be absolutely bouyant. Indviduals have to act more responsibly and respectfully. Let's hope that this passes quickly and does't affect us because we've got eought to contend with without making complictions for ourselves.

This. We've got a massive few months coming up, which could shape our club one way or the other. Everyone concerned should concentrate on that.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
aaron rattray
December 22, 2012, 9:02am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Thing is though when john tondeur does do interviews he asks pathetic questions like away at hyde to Rob scott "was it your and Pauls decision to drop Anthony elding"?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
barralad
December 22, 2012, 9:27am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

On twitter ?

As much respect as I have for JT, I tend to think nothing should have been revealed.

But it's a tricky one cos where do you draw the line ?
Even if fans post up their own views on team selection on here, other eyes might be prying.
But equally if it's something the club might not have considered then it's not unthinkable that it might help or put the fear of god up the opposition.

For example, I could have easily have come on here pre-match and said "Hatton shouldn't play right back", "what we need to be careful of is...." or whatever.
Helfpful or hurtful ?
Now it's all about opinions but personally I was loathed to even stick up Wrexhams recent highlights or even comment on THEIR perceived weaknesses let alone ours.

In fact I tried to watch Wrexham's highlights + post match reaction to their 2-0 defeat at Kiddy on the player and found it wasn't available or wasn't fully working - is that co-incidence ?

I've often wondered if prying eyes can be looking myself and maybe wrong but if so, would argue what you say or don't say might help or hurt.
It's bloody difficult though cos it's a discussion forum and to reveal nothing would seem to defeat the whole object of it.

Just for me, (if true) team secrets seems to be going a shade too far cos be honest, wasn't there a semi-blackout on here pre-match ?
Didn't even see a "team for Wrexham" thread !

Anyway, can someone explain what actually happened ?...

Genuine Question: Do you really think that opposing managerial staff make the coming on another teams fans message board part of their pre-match build up? If so then I'd go as far as to say that it is our secret weapon given the vast range of opinion which manifests itself..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › RH v GTFC part 2,519

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.