2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Garth
December 22, 2012, 10:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Big match last night small things could have changed the outcome, Wrexham would have watched us in a previous game and could not have  been anything but fearful of Pearson especially at set pieces both ends.
I think the duo were nervous about this one and would have liked to have kept his illness under wraps, maybe thats a bit OTT but every little helps in that situation.
Should one of the fans had twittered the information it would not have been so telling as most stuff tweeted is sh1t anyway, but comming from John it was considered as official from inside the club, my take on this is that John did what he thought was expected from him and informed the fans of the bad news, its just one of those things that will soon blow over with a little Christmas spirit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
EY Mariner
December 22, 2012, 10:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
JT posted the following on Twitter this morning: "Those suggesting I broke a confidence obviously don't know me very well. Heard a strong rumour and tweeted it. That's all."

Read into that what you will. My personal opinion is that John was simply doing his job but if the managers genuinely believe that he breached a or their confidence ahead of such an important game, then I can well understand why they took the stance that they did. Whatever the truth, it's all rather silly and unnecessary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
DavidB
December 22, 2012, 10:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Very petty over-reaction by S&H - effectively a public rebuke to JT and RH, when any misunderstanding as to source / intent and their concerns about implications of the tweet could and should have been sorted out by phone conversations during the day.

It's JT's and RH's job to pass on news - arguably if the Club want to ensure such information remains under wraps maybe they should direct their enquiries to whoever 'leaked' the rumour and tighten up their policy internally.

Very disappointing incident when everyone should be concentrating on the positives and the imminent challenges.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
KK_DOG
December 22, 2012, 11:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Maybe as someone suggested it's all about mind games. Maybe we could use JT. "Pond, Pearson and Miller" all struck down with food poisoning and won't be available for Boxing day.(I made that up by the way) but would it help Lincoln ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
rancido
December 22, 2012, 2:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,668
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from TAGG
Where does this 'spitting of the dummy out' by people at the club stop?
Quote from Aaron on here "my brother and my dad has said that ross hannah has had an argument with Scott" Do the club see there bottom and stop him going to the games????
This is the information age and journalists will use what tools they have to get a story out, that's what they get paid for FFS
I was getting to like our duo but IMO they are being very childish and have shown a lack of respect for supporters who want to hear after match reaction      

I very much doubt this. You have frequently criticised them, have never agreed to a " management duo " and ,as far as I have seen on this message board, never given them any praise in what they have achieved so far. You come out , guns blazing, at every opportunity to criticise them for any slight PR gaffe they might make.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
gymadman
December 22, 2012, 2:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Tondeur made an error of judgement any advantage gained however small could make a a big difference. Their reaction was harsh but if nothing was done/said what is to stop it happening every week, when maybe a more influential player was unavailable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
80sglory
December 22, 2012, 4:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
Genuine Question: Do you really think that opposing managerial staff make the coming on another teams fans message board part of their pre-match build up?

Really not sure that's why I asked.
But if I had to guess I'd say yes because if you were an opposing team then wouldn't you go looking for clues ?
Quoted from barralad
If so then I'd go as far as to say that it is our secret weapon given the vast range of opinion which manifests itself..

Perhaps.
But maybe they're gonna pay more attention to some posts than others ?
I think it could be a secret weapon of sorts but would guess it comes more from positive output/mind games than a range of different views. (but who knows maybe you're right)

And what about a situation where most agree ?
tbh I'd guess it doesn't make a deal of difference (if any) but as we know, football can be about fine lines.

Anyway...
Are you trying to say don't hold back on the analysis ?...
Reply: 16 - 19
EY Mariner
December 23, 2012, 11:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from gymadman
Tondeur made an error of judgement any advantage gained however small could make a a big difference. Their reaction was harsh but if nothing was done/said what is to stop it happening every week, when maybe a more influential player was unavailable.

He was doing his job. Whether he made an error of judgement depends entirely on who his source was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
TAGG
December 23, 2012, 12:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from rancido

I very much doubt this. You have frequently criticised them, have never agreed to a " management duo " and ,as far as I have seen on this message board,never given them any praise in what they have achieved so far. You come out , guns blazing, at every opportunity to criticise them for any slight PR gaffe they might make.

Wrong!!

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
headingly_mariner
December 23, 2012, 6:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Club going really well, fans happy with a great win that sends us top. It must be time for another petty spat with the local radio, absolute madness!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › RH v GTFC part 2,519

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.