Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thankyou Mr Fenty
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 103 Guests

Thankyou Mr Fenty

This thread currently has 12,070 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
May 2, 2012, 7:06am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I can remember when Neil woods said that micky cummins was our our best player

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 167
newfootballer
May 2, 2012, 8:58am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from arryarryarry

Unfortunately the club hasn't moved forward though for all these so called good players that have been signed we are still where we were last season.

This is where you are wrong, we have moved forward in terms of team spirit, players to be accountable to the two Managers on how they perform out on the football pitch we have now got that.

Every Pro footballer should have that fear factor that they have got certain football standards to live up to or else they could be out of the first team.

The teams we have had over the last five years did not have that attitude and that is why we are in the situation we are now.

I will go back to what Paul Hurst said on the presentation night last week, Paul said and I quote.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR AT THIS EVENT I COULD NOT GET UP AND SPEAK ABOUT THE FUTURE FORTUNES OF GRIMSBY TOWN DUE TO HAVING TO GET RID OF MOST OF THE STAFF, THIS SEASON i CAN SAY WE HAVE MOVED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION BY JUST MISSING OUT ON THE PLAY-OFFS.

Surely we at Grimsby Town  have got to be one of the favourites to at least be in with a chance for the play-offs and hopefully with a few additions auatomatic promotion, and at least we have not got a new Manager to start all over again, its stability we need at this club and hopefully we are now getting that. I really am looking forward to next season I think it could be a classic in the history of Grimsby Town.

NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 167
Rodley Mariner
May 2, 2012, 9:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,291
Gold Stars: 187
Is 6 places and 11 points just missing out? It's a bit like saying Liverpool are just missing out on a Champions League spot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 167
newfootballer
May 2, 2012, 9:53am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from 584[b
]Is 6 places and 11 points just missing out? It's a bit like saying Liverpool are just missing out on a Champions League spot.

[/b] Right so what would you do then sack the Managers and start all over again, this club needs stability do you know what that means. The good signs are there to see.

Some fans just do not want to see progress they would just like to see doom and gloom all the time for gods sake have a bit of patience will you and your mates.
NEWFOOTBALLER/dave boylen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 167
Rodley Mariner
May 2, 2012, 10:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,291
Gold Stars: 187
Deep breaths Dave - I'm not suggesting for one minute that they should be sacked. They deserve more time but your post suggests that Paul Hurst told you he felt confident as we'd just missed out on the play-offs and you take this is a sign of progress being made? I don't think we did just miss out - we missed out by 11 points and 6 places. I think the progress made is smaller than you and some others on here. Verdict is still out for me on the two of them but that doesn't mean I think they should be sacked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 167
arryarryarry
May 2, 2012, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,024
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Deep breaths Dave - I'm not suggesting for one minute that they should be sacked. They deserve more time but your post suggests that Paul Hurst told you he felt confident as we'd just missed out on the play-offs and you take this is a sign of progress being made? I don't think we did just miss out - we missed out by 11 points and 6 places. I think the progress made is smaller than you and some others on here. Verdict is still out for me on the two of them but that doesn't mean I think they should be sacked.

I agree, I am not saying sack the managers (well not yet anyway) but there appears to be a misapprehension of what gets a club promoted.

"This is where you are wrong, we have moved forward in terms of team spirit, players to be accountable to the two Managers on how they perform out on the football pitch we have now got that"

2010/11  We finished 11th

2011/12  We finished 11th

That confirms we have not made any improvement.

Unfortunately team spirit does not get you any points, I wouldn't care if all our players were a bunch of b@stards and didn't talk to each other if it guaranteed promotion.

The teams we have had over the last five years did not have that attitude and that is why we are in the situation we are now.

So I ask again, what happened this season to not improve on last.

If Paul Hurst thinks we just missed out on the play-offs then he clearly knows frig all.

Some on here seem to have gotten all excited about our form this season but to break it down :-

First 18 games = 20 points
Next 14 games = 34 points
Final 14 games 16 points.

So all the expectations were actually built on a run of 14 games that were promotion form, the rest, 32 games would have acheived just over 51 points, not that much to pin your hopes of promotion on.

I sincerely hope these two get it right but so far I haven't been that impressed when you take into account Scott's outbursts and the continuing spat with Radio Humberside.
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 167
MuddyWaters
May 2, 2012, 5:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b] Right so what would you do then sack the Managers and start all over again, this club needs stability do you know what that means. The good signs are there to see.

Some fans just do not want to see progress they would just like to see doom and gloom all the time for gods sake have a bit of patience will you and your mates.
NEWFOOTBALLER/dave boylen

A bit of patience? 10 years of mismanagement is plenty of patience in my eyes. Progress? A lot of bullshite about a new stadium and a management duo where one shouts his mouth off and pi$$es off talented kids doesn't seem much like progress to me.

Doom & gloom? As a former player, you of all people must be gutted to see this club at an all-time low. We are nowhere near progress.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 167
Chris
May 2, 2012, 9:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
It's all about opinions. I don't see how Hurst/Scott can claim we've made progress really. We lost as many games as last season, and conceded just as many goals. I suppose you can argue we got more points and scored more but we've ended up in 11th again and as someone else has already mentioned, last seasons form slumped after Woods was dismissed. No one can say with any certainty that we couldn't have made the play off's under Woods. Just as we went on a run this season (which had looked unlikely) we could have done so last season too.

After Woods was dismissed we went through a spell of conceding late goals which Hurst and Scott blamed on us not being fit so its obviously still Woods' fault that the same happeend this season as well (ignore the fact that prior to Woods dismissal we would regularly come from BEHIND to get a result).

The reality is (IMO) that this season is a success because Hurst and Scott say so, and last season under Woods was disastrous because Hurst and Scott (and Fenty) say so. Further to this, Woods didn't abuse the supporters, embarrass himself on radio with (at best) questionable attitudes with the likes on Tondeur, and wasn't sent off (setting a poor example to his players in the process).

Fact is that we are where we are and now have to deal with the hand we have been dealt. Can these two get us promoted next year? Regardless of the answer to that question, they will have been given a proper crack at it, unlike Woods, and unlike Buckley before him. Concern is that the bigger spending clubs seem to be buying their way to promotion and we wont have that sort of backing. It will be an excellent achievement if we can gain promotion anytime soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 167
TWAreaTownSupporter
May 2, 2012, 9:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Wouldn't disagree with a word of that Chris.

(Never thought I'd ever say that   )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 167
80sglory
May 2, 2012, 10:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

2010/11  We finished 11th

2011/12  We finished 11th

That confirms we have not made any improvement.

I'm not completely convinced and was disappointed by the last result of the season.
Think some of your posts are good but sorry, these league position comparisons are provenly weak.

For one, what would you have said had we won and finished 7th ?
I know you'll say "we didn't" but one chance goes in rather than over the bar we might have - small margins !
What I'm saying is, the difference of one game alone blows the whole argument out of the water so it begs the question, how strong is it really ?... Weak as cats urine is my guess.

If we went off league positions they'd have been long gone by the 2nd or 3rd game of the season and look what happened after.
Same for Woods, the warning signs were there and the table lied.
And look how many teams go downhill after they've won promotion, reached the playoffs or missed out on them - it's bloody loads !

In short, I think you're barking up the wrong tree and you should be supporting the managers and asking for a larger playing budget.
Quoted from arryarryarry
First 18 games = 20 points

Rebuilding, bringing in new players...
Quoted from arryarryarry
Next 14 games = 34 points

Exactly, compare that to Woods who couldn't beat Chasetown !
Quoted from arryarryarry
Final 14 games 16 points.

squad got knacked, had some bad luck and then tailed off(see above)
And they brought in new players too(not sure that was the right time tbh)

League tables never tell you the other side of the story it just lies, lies and statistics...

Quoted from arryarryarry
I sincerely hope these two get it right but so far I haven't been that impressed when you take into account Scott's outbursts and the continuing spat with Radio Humberside.

Good point, that's a bigger worry for me.
Will RH be back next season ?
Reply: 129 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thankyou Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.