3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Sigone
February 22, 2012, 11:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Just read someones letter on telegraph website saying we should be out of this tinpot cup to concentrate on league.  Are there people out there that actually want us to lose?  More games the merrier I say especially at home, were gonna have 3 months without GTFC footy soon lets enjoy everyone
Logged Online
Private Message
grimps
February 22, 2012, 11:57pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 48
I only want us to win as long as we are guaranteed two days out at Wembley and winning promotion,if this cup has the slightest chance of affecting our promotion push it lose no sleep if we lost on saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
brad_gtfc
February 23, 2012, 12:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Difficult one aint it really.
I want to beat York, but then we could get a backlash when we play them in the league, or vice versa.
Always good to keep the winning habit aswell.
F.ck knows, footballs a funny old game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
80sglory
February 23, 2012, 5:52am
Guest User
Quoted from brad_gtfc
I want to beat York, but then we could get a backlash when we play them in the league, or vice versa.

I'll be even more confident we can win the league fixture if we beat them in the FA Trophy.

If it goes to a replay there may be a case for changing personnel around but tbh don't think it'll happen, think we'll win.

Just got to keep the winning habit whilst trying to continually improve at the same time.

Bottom line play the youth team if you must but there's never a reason for anyone ever wanting to lose any game.
Reply: 3 - 26
lukeo
February 23, 2012, 6:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
How can anyone say it effects the league? If professionals can't play 2 games in a week they shouldn't be professionals. I bet all the players are buzzing they've got 2 chances to go to Wembley, I bet 90% of them have never been on the turf at Wembley before. The only downside to it I see is if someone gets injured in a cup game, but thats the risk you take. Every little bit of money helps from each round we get through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
aldi_01
February 23, 2012, 7:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If people actually want us to lose then they have to be morons...we are capable of winning any game and Saturday is no different. We have to keep winning, consistency is key and this close to Wembley too...

Calling it a tinpot trophy sums up the person that made that comment...I assume they think the JPT is tinpot even though it got us to Wembley twice...any trophy that gets you a Wembley day is good. I don't see us winning the FA cup any time soon...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
cmackenzie4
February 23, 2012, 7:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from aldi_01
If people actually want us to lose then they have to be morons...we are capable of winning any game and Saturday is no different. We have to keep winning, consistency is key and this close to Wembley too...

Calling it a tinpot trophy sums up the person that made that comment...I assume they think the JPT is tinpot even though it got us to Wembley twice...any trophy that gets you a Wembley day is good. I don't see us winning the FA cup any time soon...

SPOT ON

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
MuddyWaters
February 23, 2012, 7:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
If losing on Saturday was a guarantee of reaching the play off final then I could see the point, but we haven't yet been in a play-off spot, so take every game as it comes,

Some players will get rested anyway so WIN! Please.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Trawler
February 23, 2012, 8:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
With £25 on doing the Wembley double at 28/1 I would venture to say I'd rather we won every game between now and the end of the season.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
Les Brechin
February 23, 2012, 8:13am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
I did a poll on this for the Bath trophy game and the result was 100% that we should win.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Do people really want us to lose on sat

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.