12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
0ld timer
July 20, 2011, 7:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from tashee69

Was Slade a failure? See my thread above. There are people that are so Pro & Anti Fenty that they have memory loss when it comes to history.

well put  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 111
MuddyWaters
July 20, 2011, 8:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 0ld timer

not defening jf here but . what u r saying is that the previous managers he has picked was his fault , but with these 2 if these 2 suceed he was lucky

He got lucky before then decided Slade wasn't worthy of an extra £8k....defies logic really.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 111
tashee69
July 20, 2011, 8:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He got lucky before then decided Slade wasn't worthy of an extra £8k....defies logic really.

Does that mean he's been unlucky in his other appointments then ?!

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 111
ginnywings
July 20, 2011, 8:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from upthestripes

I respect your views but to say anyone who doesn't take your stance is a 'sycophant' just makes me lose that little bit of respect.

Well said and exactly the point i was going to make but you beat me to it.The word "sycophant" has been used about three times in this thread and the phrase "living in cloud cuckoo land" has also been trotted out about anyone who even comes close to defending JF.

Being anti JF and railing against his reign doesn't make you righteous and everyone elses views sycophantic and stupid.

For the record,i also think JF's watch has been a disaster and that's something he admits himself but he didn't make Buckley suddenly become a crap manager and tell Newell to buy a load of dross players and manage them in a clueless way.Neither did he make Proudlock miss a last minute pen and the team throw away vital leads which would probably have kept us up.

The Woods appointment was a big mistake though.We needed someone more experienced to keep us in the league,so there is a lot to blame Fenty for but it's not all his fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 111
MuddyWaters
July 20, 2011, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
I apologise to anyone offended by the word 'sycophant' but I just happen to be pretty appalled by the current state of the club that I have supported for over 40 years.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 111
Garth
July 20, 2011, 9:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,937
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Quagmire

The money that he has put in is in direct relation to the money that he has cost the club due to his total mismanagement.

And why do people continue with this rubbish that without him there wouldn't be a club to support? It's simply propaganda perpetuated by Fenty to try and rally some support, and the lemmings all fall for it.

10 years of mismanagement and a second consecutive year of near million pound losses and we're expected to believe that the man who has brought us to this point is the same man who will get us out of it when the evidence is abundantly clear that he isn't capable of doing it.

What a daft comment to make, total fiction
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 111
headingly_mariner
July 21, 2011, 12:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
IMO the club will never go forward with him a chairman and the sooner he is gone the better. The damage he has inflicted on the club is massive and he may well leave us bankrupt. The fact that town fans can applaud him makes me feel sick!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 111
80sglory
July 21, 2011, 1:49am
Guest User
Who knows you could be proved right but I wouldn't take a round of applause to heart.
People generally like to look up to people that are representatives of what they associate themselves with - in this case a love and passion for GTFC.
Reply: 77 - 111
1mickylyons
July 21, 2011, 11:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,400
Gold Stars: 56
If JF is such a massive Town fan why doesnt he simply write off the loans and sell the Club to Parker for £1 thus ensuring the Football Club rid itself of the main reason ie John Fenty that it finds itself outside the Football League looking in?I think that is because he isnt such a massive Town fan and in fact he is a cold calculating buisnessman who somehow thinks he can gain via a new ground for the football Club.John Fenty has been a total disaster for GTFC and the sooner he goes the quicker we will recover our league status even the Connel transfer shows he still hasnt learned to do anything in a dignified manner SHAME ON HIM.UTM

FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 111
marinerjase
July 21, 2011, 11:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,711
Gold Stars: 156
Because he wants a legacy...ie new ground. He'll never go until that's in place. It's not about the club.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Financial abyss

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.