Financial abyss

This thread currently has 8,232 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Denby
July 19, 2011, 9:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +12 / -2
only when fenty walks away and writes off his "benign friendly debt" will we move forward, until then we're screwed
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 111
aldi_01
July 19, 2011, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be fair, under Fenty's reign and under previous boards plenty of people have put money forward for an active part in the club, prepared to put money in etc but some were shunned and some were simply asked to give their money but nothing else, no board place and no say in the running of the club...now would you just hand over a 7 figure sum to a business/club for nothing in return when there are people on the board who have offered the club nothing apart from a few pennies in comparison and have held a board place and done intercourse all...some not even turning up to games etc...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 111
sonik
July 19, 2011, 9:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
As most of posters know I read the Fishy forum daily.  This thread beats me as to some of the comments from the John knockers. Why were'nt you people at the forum last night putting your points to John and the Managers face to face. He is very approachable and will give you a straight answer to your questions. A positive feeling came out of the forum for me and I think we can look forward to better times ahead. Onwards and upwards. Our club needs all of our support.  UTM!  

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 111
Denby
July 19, 2011, 10:11pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from sonik
Why were'nt you people at the forum last night putting your points to John and the Managers face to face.  

i guess i'd classify myself as a "john knocker" so i'll answer that for what it's worth. a 5 hour round trip on a school night simply isn't possible. still, i'm chuffed to bits to hear about the positive feeling around the place, that should sort out years of mismanagement which has brought the club to it's knees

on a further note, does anyone have a link to recent years club accounts because the link i'd bookmarked no longer works? perhaps the person who definitely didn't remove the connell article also hasn't removed the accounts link too
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 111
marinerian
July 19, 2011, 10:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from sonik
As most of posters know I read the Fishy forum daily.  This thread beats me as to some of the comments from the John knockers. Why were'nt you people at the forum last night putting your points to John and the Managers face to face. He is very approachable and will give you a straight answer to your questions. A positive feeling came out of the forum for me and I think we can look forward to better times ahead. Onwards and upwards. Our club needs all of our support.  UTM!  

I agree with your comments, I had a very public disagreement back in 2006, which got well out of hand tbh, though he never held it against me and in 2008 during the charity bike ride to Lincoln myself and others had a really good chat about the event, the match and the season in general.

I am sure John will agree he has made mistakes and some people have really taken advantage (we all know the names) but the fact is he has kept our club running.

If we can gain promotion I honestly feel investors could start coming out of the wood work especially if the council decided to show more support for the local team!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 111
lew chaterleys lover
July 19, 2011, 10:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,809
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from sonik

This thread beats you as to some of the negative comments does it?

Have you noticed we are non league with debts piling up year on year.

Your brother has a stranglehold on the club that only a very rich,or several very rich, men can break.

Apart from that lets all hail Fenty,the chairman who destroyed a 100 year history of league football and has allowed Blundell Park to become a shadow of its former self (when is that front facade going to be cleaned?) and managed to spend millions? of pounds on planning for a new stadium that is still a pipedream.

The reason a lot of "Fenty haters" were not at the meeting is that we know it is a waste of time.Our beloved club has become hijacked by a man who's ego has allowed him to fall out with everyone from managers to media,and who oversaw the laughable decision to give the Mariners fans worldwide, the option of coverage from Compass FM,a station whos football knowledge can be written on the back of a postage stamp.

I could go on,but I assume you get my drift?

He has been a disaster and the quicker he goes the better.

Trouble is he has got us over a barrel now hasn't he?

I take comfort in the fact that he wont be involved with the club forever,although I am pretty sure it will end in a bloodbath and tears,and the club may yet have to go back a step or two more before rising again.

A lot of us dyed in the wool Mariners fans have had our love of the club tested beyond breaking point by this chairman and his idiotic decisions,but born a Mariner always a Mariner as they say and I will keep having to tell myself to support the team and try to ignore the shortcomings in the boardroom but God it is difficult at the moment.

I do post regularly by the way but not under this name!
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 111
BrMarin
July 19, 2011, 10:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
surely we can't spend 900k even if we go up? unless we sell Hearn for 300k  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 111
Super Clive
July 19, 2011, 10:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1

This thread beats you as to some of the negative comments does it?

Have you noticed we are non league with debts piling up year on year.

Your brother has a stranglehold on the club that only a very rich,or several very rich, men can break.

Apart from that lets all hail Fenty,the chairman who destroyed a 100 year history of league football and has allowed Blundell Park to become a shadow of its former self (when is that front facade going to be cleaned?) and managed to spend millions? of pounds on planning for a new stadium that is still a pipedream.

The reason a lot of "Fenty haters" were not at the meeting is that we know it is a waste of time.Our beloved club has become hijacked by a man who's ego has allowed him to fall out with everyone from managers to media,and who oversaw the laughable decision to give the Mariners fans worldwide, the option of coverage from Compass FM,a station whos football knowledge can be written on the back of a postage stamp.

I could go on,but I assume you get my drift?

He has been a disaster and the quicker he goes the better.

Trouble is he has got us over a barrel now hasn't he?

I take comfort in the fact that he wont be involved with the club forever,although I am pretty sure it will end in a bloodbath and tears,and the club may yet have to go back a step or two more before rising again.

A lot of us dyed in the wool Mariners fans have had our love of the club tested beyond breaking point by this chairman and his idiotic decisions,but born a Mariner always a Mariner as they say and I will keep having to tell myself to support the team and try to ignore the shortcomings in the boardroom but God it is difficult at the moment.

I do post regularly by the way but not under this name!

Well whoever it is, I bloody wish you went last night I would of even turned down Eastenders
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 111
80sglory
July 19, 2011, 11:02pm
Guest User
I respect everyones opinions but on reflection think sonik makes a good point we should look to the future.
It's early days but there are some VERY positive signs coming out of BP with these managers.
I like my moan as much as anyone but I also know it's wasted effort to some extent because the club will probably do it's own thing anyway. Que Sera !
Yes I know I'm a hippocrite but I say let's try not dig up old frustrations - past is past, we can moan but we can't change it.
Don't mean to be patronising but if we can't be positive THIS pre-season when there's plenty to be positive about, maybe we need to take a look in the mirror at ourselves.

UTM.
Reply: 48 - 111
sonik
July 19, 2011, 11:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1600
I respect everyones opinions but on reflection think sonik makes a good point we should look to the future.
It's early days but there are some VERY positive signs coming out of BP with these managers.
I like my moan as much as anyone but I also know it's wasted effort to some extent because the club will probably do it's own thing anyway. Que Sera !
Yes I know I'm a hippocrite but I say let's try not dig up old frustrations - past is past, we can moan but we can't change it.
Don't mean to be patronising but if we can't be positive THIS pre-season when there's plenty to be positive about, maybe we need to take a look in the mirror at ourselves.

UTM.

WHS.  

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Financial abyss

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.