9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
gytone
April 22, 2024, 10:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
I thought something was supposed to happen last year, but we missed out on the steel work or something like that, don't know really, I could've dreamt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 22, 2024, 10:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
there's work going on to the main stand this summer to do with the back of the stand, pretty sure Jason quoted it at something like 750 thousand because it needs a special sort of paint?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 85
gytone
April 22, 2024, 10:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
there's work going on to the main stand this summer to do with the back of the stand, pretty sure Jason quoted it at something like 750 thousand because it needs a special sort of paint?

I thought that was work on the Findus stand roof that was costing 750k ? Thought a lot of that price was to do with scaffolding,? Not sure though .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 22, 2024, 10:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from gytone

I thought that was work on the Findus stand roof that was costing 750k ? Thought a lot of that price was to do with scaffolding,? Not sure though .

It could well be, I remember that price point being branded around. I thought it was the main stand as that work was due to be done last summer but was put off till this as we was eligible for some sort of funding that makes it cheaper?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 85
crusty ole pie
April 22, 2024, 10:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

It could well be, I remember that price point being branded around. I thought it was the main stand as that work was due to be done last summer but was put off till this as we was eligible for some sort of funding that makes it cheaper?

The work in the main stand as i understand is to take structural posts out and replace with a metal frame to give the roof better support cost about350k should have been done last year but applied for an extra time due to some money being paid from some funding
The 750k work is on the findus to sort out the metal and needs tons of scaffold erecting apparently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 85
RonMariner
April 22, 2024, 11:00am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
It now seems that a new stadium is an economic impossibility, so improving BP is the only realistic option.

If we get an improvement on the pitch next season and are challenging for promotion it’s very possible that we could see regular sell outs for the bigger games.

I think some serious exploration of utilising the open corners should be undertaken. I would imagine each of the three of them might be capable of accommodating thousand seats or so? Could get us to a 12,000 capacity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 85
grimps
April 22, 2024, 11:18am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
It just seems a massive waste of time and money on something that will surely have to be pulled down and replaced soon.
I think it's time to knock it down and build something newer , bigger and better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 85
diehardmariner
April 22, 2024, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Yeah, ideally I think we all (including the club) would want that.

Harsh reality is though that we can't afford to do that as a one-off payment nor would we likely be able to get the required permission to do so.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 85
Mappers
April 22, 2024, 11:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,407
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

The main stand one is to replace the posts, reducing the number of posts from 8 to 4 in part of the stand as the posts are 'past their usable life' in the words of Pettit - I think it's the half side closer to the Pontoon . The Findus work I have no clue about apart from Stockwood /Pettit saying it's 'some pretty significant work '--  at the fans forum and the quoted pricing on here if that's accurate or not . The 'special paint' is referring to The Findus work I think and possibly other parts of the ground , because parts are erroding badly - again from Pettit either at the forum or 1 of those DN35 interviews
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 22, 2024, 11:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie

The work in the main stand as i understand is to take structural posts out and replace with a metal frame to give the roof better support cost about350k should have been done last year but applied for an extra time due to some money being paid from some funding
The 750k work is on the findus to sort out the metal and needs tons of scaffold erecting apparently

Ah gotcha mate, do you remember what the paint thing was? I vividly remember it being covered at the fans forum
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Main stand

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.