Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Three up - Three Down?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Three up - Three Down?

This thread currently has 2,593 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerRob
April 10, 2024, 4:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Just wondering whether people's views have changed since we were in the National League when we were all in favour of this.

We never expected (mainly a little arrogantly that it would affect us) But are struggling to stay up.

Would it be worth supporting three up - three down even though it could affect us? It could make it easier to get back into the EFL if we go down.

In principle I still would (I think) but do we want to be that turkey voting for Christmas?
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
April 10, 2024, 4:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from MarinerRob
Just wondering whether people's views have changed since we were in the National League when we were all in favour of this.

We never expected (mainly a little arrogantly that it would affect us) But are struggling to stay up.

Would it be worth supporting three up - three down even though it could affect us? It could make it easier to get back into the EFL if we go down.

In principle I still would (I think) but do we want to be that turkey voting for Christmas?

Not relevant cos WE ARE STAYING UP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Limerick Mariner
April 10, 2024, 4:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from MarinerRob

I think we should go back to applications for re-election (now Scunthorpe are down there…)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
rancido
April 10, 2024, 4:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,642
Gold Stars: 99
IMHO the number of relegation/promotion places across the football pyramid from the Premiersh*t to the top non-league division should be the same. It seems crazy that you can have 4 teams relegated from Div 1 to Div 2 but only 2 from Div 2 to non- league. Make it three for every level - a Champion , a runner-up and a play-off.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
CodHead
April 10, 2024, 5:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from rancido
IMHO the number of relegation/promotion places across the football pyramid from the Premiersh*t to the top non-league division should be the same. It seems crazy that you can have 4 teams relegated from Div 1 to Div 2 but only 2 from Div 2 to non- league. Make it three for every level - a Champion , a runner-up and a play-off.

Problem with that is you would have to have 6 relegation spots in the National League
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
GrimRob
April 10, 2024, 5:19pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,443
Gold Stars: 114
Should definitely be 3 up 3 down. No justification. Having 4 go up in our division is a hangover from the Division 3 North/South days as well, should be the same across the board. 4 down 2 up makes sense in a pyramid. 3 up 3 down across the board. The NL play off system is fairer as well with home advantage and 1 less game for the top 2.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 27
GollyGTFC
April 10, 2024, 5:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,038
Gold Stars: 358
No. Too many issues need resolving before 3 up/3 down can happen.

The National League governance needs to improve for starters. That’s at a league level and at a club level. Do we want another Macclesfield coming up with an owner who would not pass a F&PP test?

Where does the extra parachute payment money for an additional relegated team each season come from?

Personally I think it should only happen when the NL is incorporated into the EFL as League 3.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 27
rancido
April 10, 2024, 6:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,642
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from GollyGTFC
No. Too many issues need resolving before 3 up/3 down can happen.

The National League governance needs to improve for starters. That’s at a league level and at a club level. Do we want another Macclesfield coming up with an owner who would not pass a F&PP test?

Where does the extra parachute payment money for an additional relegated team each season come from?

Personally I think it should only happen when the NL is incorporated into the EFL as League 3.

I certainly think the top level of Non-League should be incorporated into the Football League. Most of the teams at that level are predominantly full- time professional with a high percentage of ex FL teams anyway. This would return the Football League back to the original structure of 92 teams.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
moosey_club
April 10, 2024, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MarinerRob

Relegation promotion equality throughout should be the standard expected, fck knows the FA fly the equality flag on every other aspect of the game so why not this?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
IlkleyMariner
April 10, 2024, 6:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
I can see no justification for four up and down between L1 and L2
Similarly 3 up and down between L2 and National leage should be introduced with conditions and not straight away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Three up - Three Down?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.