7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
April 9, 2024, 10:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
The wind made it a  game of two halves. The outstanding difference was that Harrogate were prepared to shoot.
First half we pressed well but unfortunately we are relying on a 20 year old rookie to hold the ball up until we can get numbers up there.
Being in the side stand near the half way line I couldn't comment on the disallowed goal but it sèmed harsh.
Second half they used the wind to fire shots in from all over the place. Eastwood could maybe have done better with the goal but he was allowed to shoot.
There was a sense of ineviitability about the result once Town went behind. Plenty of effort to win the ball only to give it back with some shocking decision making and passing.
The subs made no real difference and Harrogste saw the game out fairly comfortably. Eastwood atoned for any blame for the goal with three or four really good saves.
Thsrme and Thompson battled well but overall the game panned out like too many this season.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
April 9, 2024, 10:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,715
Gold Stars: 1,508
Ultimately, it’s a game less for two of our rivals to catch us. Massive swings in goal difference aside, Forest Green now have to win all 3 of their remaining fixtures (against Wrexham, Morecambe and Notts County) in order to get past us, so that’s one relegation rival just about out of our race.

Performances are virtually irrelevant at this stage. We’re a step closer to safety, and that’s all that really matters.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
chipsandgravy
April 9, 2024, 10:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
The positive for me was its another game nearer the end. Can't wait for this god awful season to finish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
moosey_club
April 9, 2024, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Biggest influence on that result was Artell. Overly defensive set up with no guile at all wasted a great opportunity to grab safety with a win.
Obikwu absolutely awful, sorry but he just was, how the hell he avoided the hook for so long before he finally went off I don't know...Artell's choice though.
Despite watching them all season I was still somehow shocked tonight by how poor the majority of the squad is.
Artells choice of starting 11 restricted us massively, hesitation in changing it up gave the subs little chance.

Crap all round.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
lew chaterleys lover
April 9, 2024, 10:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,750
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from moosey_club
Biggest influence on that result was Artell. Overly defensive set up with no guile at all wasted a great opportunity to grab safety with a win.
Obikwu absolutely awful, sorry but he just was, how the hell he avoided the hook for so long before he finally went off I don't know...Artell's choice though.
Despite watching them all season I was still somehow shocked tonight by how poor the majority of the squad is.
Artells choice of starting 11 restricted us massively, hesitation in changing it up gave the subs little chance.

Crap all round.

It's one of footballs mysteries why Artell rates Obikwu. I've rarely seen a more ineffective and lethargic striker, and he had a couple of slightly better games for Artell to think he was the second coming.

He is not ready for a league 2 relegation scrap, and why we are putting him in that position is daft.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 62
bawarmy
April 9, 2024, 10:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
I think if we look at where we are and what’s left people might calm down a little. Sutton need to win at least 2 games. Forest Green need to beat Wrexham away to stay in in the competition and that’s if we get no more points.
It could be worse but I don’t think our team could be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
Hagrid
April 9, 2024, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Just very poor arent we

4 more games, hopefully 3 of them mean nothing, and then we can just have 3 months off.

Noone had a good game tonight, though Eastwood made some decent saves 2nd half
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 62
wuffing
April 9, 2024, 10:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
Really feel for our travelling support tonight. I couldn't go and watched it on the small screen and I think I'm getting reported by the neighbours for loud foul and abusive language!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
RonMariner
April 9, 2024, 10:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
Can’t see FGR catching us now. But Sutton do concern me. If they win on Saturday I think it’s going to be an anxious week ahead.

The simple fact is that we are going to have to earn our place in L2 next season, we can’t rely on Sutton gifting it to us.

The goal difference advantage over them is down to 7, so it we lose on Saturday, which is very likely, and they manage a win at Harrogate then it’s going to get uncomfortably close. They could get to 48 points, a scary prospect because I don’t see us doing that.

The Swindon game is our most, possibly only, winnable game left so it is a must win. If we don’t then there is a good chance we end on 43 or 44 points which might not be enough.

God I hate this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 62
HertsGTFC
April 9, 2024, 10:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
Brilliant effort from the travelling support, safe journey home.

Just need to stay up & sign some players who can pass & control the ball.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back on the Bus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.